Author Topic: What ever happend to Melchior? Potentional spoilers!  (Read 4266 times)

lockgar

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
What ever happend to Melchior? Potentional spoilers!
« on: January 05, 2009, 04:14:55 pm »
I did a quick search on this subject but couldn't find anything recent, so I apologize if I am bring back a dead subject in advance.

So I finally was able to beat Chrono Cross this passing weekend "great game btw", after beating the CT:DS release, and thought to myself how impressive, that just one Guru was able to pull all that off.

I then remember the ending cutsence  in Trigger where Melchior is happily attending a wedding with a bottle of wine in hand.

This provoked two thoughts in me, where is Melchior during 1005-1020? Would Melchior help in Guardia affairs? Would that extend to its reconstruction "if it wasn't out right destroyed in 1005?" I assume it still is around in some form what General Kid said.

First we can assume two things.

1. Melchior was on very friendly terms with Crono and Marle, why else would he show up their wedding? Not to mention Crono and Co saving him.

2. He probably didn't really care for Dalton. If this scene has any merit , because being hit by a fireball is never fun.

So, if we can assume that Melchior didn't die of old age immediately after trigger "how old is he anyway", and if Guardia wasn't sacked to nothing "Which I think it is implied in Cross that it was still around" He would probably be more then willing to help them. I remember Melchior stating something about giving up the weapons business because of how peaceful the world is now. "Or something along those lines, I don't recall 100%" Obviously that wouldn't last for every long.

So if he is still around, that would have Melchior and Lucca,  "atleast until 1015AD" perhaps two of the greatest minds in all of the Chrono series on the side of Guardia. Even though Melchior lives near Medina. If the Masamune quest from trigger was any indication, they could easily work together.

On a side note, if Schala really wanted to make Kid happy, she probably did something about Lucca's problem. "The being dead/missing problem." So We could even assume Lucca is probably even still around by the time 1020 hits. That is, if we are assuming she didn't change the events of 1005 AD as well.

Also, even though this might be reading too much into things, Melchior probably would help Magus if he was to ever see Magus, and if he knew about the Magus and Janus connection.

If Belthasar collaborated with Lucca in some way for the events of cross, would it be safe to assume that Melchior probably helped as well?

So, what ever did happen to Melchior?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 03:41:16 am by lockgar »

maggiekarp

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • ʇ ı  ʇ n o q ɐ  p ɹ ı ǝ ʍ ˙ ˙ ˙ ƃ u ı ɥ ʇ ǝ ɯ o s
    • View Profile
Re: What ever happend to Melchior? Potentional spoilers!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 04:27:29 pm »
You'll notice that Lucca didn't show up to the wedding, though...

lockgar

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 04:28:49 pm »
I always wounder if Lucca had some resentment towards Marle. Taking away her "best friend". :lol:

maggiekarp

• Time Traveler (+800)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 04:32:05 pm »
Wasn't there a receipt in Chrono Cross that showed Lucca sold weapons to Porre? And her relationship with Luccia...

As for Melchior, he's probably dead.

lockgar

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 04:38:07 pm »
Wasn't there a receipt in Chrono Cross that showed Lucca sold weapons to Porre? And her relationship with Luccia...

As for Melchior, he's probably dead.

I don't recall ever seeing anything like that, but there are so many things in Cross that you can skip over. It is possible she could have met with Luccia outside of Porre. Also be kind of weird to sell weapons to an enemy nation from your house, although still possible. "Was it during the house burning down?" :lol: THE ORPHANS WHERE ALL A COVER, SHE USED THEM AS CHEAP LABOR!!!

I don't know, the Gurus have this nak of avoiding death, but by 1020, it could be safe to assume age finally caught up with him. Since he didn't have the connivance of 2300-2400ad medicine like his other friends did. :p
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 04:46:48 pm by lockgar »

maggiekarp

• Time Traveler (+800)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 04:46:22 pm »
I don't recall ever seeing anything like that, but there are so many things in Cross that you can skip over. It is possible she could have met with Luccia outside of Porre. Also be kind of weird to sell weapons to an enemy nation from your house. :lol: THE ORPHANS WHERE ALL A COVER, SHE USED THEM AS CHEAP LABOR!!!

I don't know, the Gurus have this nak of avoiding death, but by 1020, it could be safe to assume age finally caught up with him. Since he didn't have the connivance of 2300-2400ad medicine like his other friends did. :p

When you flash back to the fire scene in Cross, if you have time you can examine a receipt that says
Quote from: From Cross's Script
[Receipt]
     Receipt for
   Goods Received
   1 - KJ830
     - Porre Navy

As for the orphans, didn't you find it a little strange that Lucca left most of them behind to die? She only helped Kid because she was part of a bigger plan. ALL SIGNS POINT TO LUCCA HAVING TURNED INTO THE WRETCH OF THE SERIES ;_;

As for the guru thing, Melchior had magic on his side, so it's possible he'd live long...

lockgar

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 04:52:13 pm »
I don't recall ever seeing anything like that, but there are so many things in Cross that you can skip over. It is possible she could have met with Luccia outside of Porre. Also be kind of weird to sell weapons to an enemy nation from your house. :lol: THE ORPHANS WHERE ALL A COVER, SHE USED THEM AS CHEAP LABOR!!!

I don't know, the Gurus have this nak of avoiding death, but by 1020, it could be safe to assume age finally caught up with him. Since he didn't have the connivance of 2300-2400ad medicine like his other friends did. :p

When you flash back to the fire scene in Cross, if you have time you can examine a receipt that says
Quote from: From Cross's Script
[Receipt]
     Receipt for
   Goods Received
   1 - KJ830
     - Porre Navy

As for the orphans, didn't you find it a little strange that Lucca left most of them behind to die? She only helped Kid because she was part of a bigger plan. ALL SIGNS POINT TO LUCCA HAVING TURNED INTO THE WRETCH OF THE SERIES ;_;

As for the guru thing, Melchior had magic on his side, so it's possible he'd live long...

ALL ACCORDING TO HER PLAN Oh-ho-ho-ho!!!! Foolish orphans your where nothing but fuel for my plan, NOW BURN. I always found it ironic that Lucca's house burnt down, Lucca, who used fire magic........ Did Lynx start the fire? Did he really? I remember one theory some said she jumped out the window that Harle and Lynx was looking out.

Its fun to scrutinize characters into villains :p .

Anyway, so that might still leave Melchior willingness to help. If he didn't die before hand.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 04:56:30 pm by lockgar »

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 04:55:50 pm »
Don't tell me the whole orphanage thing was for...

As for Melchior, maybe he was in Medina all the time, but even I doubt he would have been alive that long after.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 04:57:22 pm by Acacia Sgt »

lockgar

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 05:09:35 pm »
Don't tell me the whole orphanage thing was for...
YES It was!

As for Melchior, maybe he was in Medina all the time, but even I doubt he would have been alive that long after.

I'm going to give his health more credit then less then five years.  He was pretty old though. :p

Neku

• Iokan (+1)
  • ...do you think Leena thpontaneouthry combuthted?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 05:18:40 pm »
Melchior surely died of alcohol overdose after Crono and Marle's wedding. And the mastermind behind that is no one other than Lucca, who exchanged the content of Melchior's bottle from wine to pure, 96-degree alcohol.

maggiekarp

• Time Traveler (+800)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 05:26:43 pm »
ALL ACCORDING TO HER PLAN Oh-ho-ho-ho!!!! Foolish orphans your where nothing but fuel for my plan, NOW BURN. I always found it ironic that Lucca's house burnt down, Lucca, who used fire magic........ Did Lynx start the fire? Did he really? I remember one theory some said she jumped out the window that Harle and Lynx was looking out.

In the script a kid says Lucca escaped through a trap door with Kid. A door she told no one else about. Because she wanted them DEAD. The fire thing is just icing on the cake.

...actually, since you went back in time and saved several orphans from a firey doom... how come Kid didn't suddenly have a few new friends and companions?

lockgar

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2009, 05:28:47 pm »
Melchior surely died of alcohol overdose after Crono and Marle's wedding. And the mastermind behind that is no one other than Lucca, who exchanged the content of Melchior's bottle from wine to pure, 96-degree alcohol.

GASP, I just had a revelation. The FMV on the playstation cutsence that shows 1005 AD. It was infact the same day that Marle and Crono got Married. It was supprise attack, Lucca began to burn everyone, since everyone had been occupied with the wedding, and everyone one was in one place. Lucca was indeed as cunning as she was evil  :shock: .

In the script a kid says Lucca escaped through a trap door with Kid. A door she told no one else about. Because she wanted them DEAD. The fire thing is just icing on the cake.

...actually, since you went back in time and saved several orphans from a firey doom... how come Kid didn't suddenly have a few new friends and companions?

I believe in an interview with one of the game designer, since Kid was the last one you rescued, she didn't see anyone else get saved and assumed the worse, also, some children did die.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 05:31:27 pm by lockgar »

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2009, 05:31:09 pm »

Aside from where this topic is going -  :picardno

I really did have a good laugh from that post.

lockgar

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2009, 05:34:50 pm »

Aside from where this topic is going -  :picardno

I really did have a good laugh from that post.

I would be more mad that we turn the topic into how burning orphans can accomplish anything, if it was not so hilarious. Seriously though.

Melchior..... What happened?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 06:22:33 pm by lockgar »

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2009, 06:34:43 pm »
It has been said that the Melchior you meet on the Mountain of Woe gets a taste of Time Bastard alongside Young Janus.

Personally, I don't believe it.

I believe the black portal sent them to the times that they were supposed to be sent to, thus preserving the flow of time. Melchior was sent to Medina, where he became a swordsmith. Janus was sent to 600 A.D. where he would grow up and become Magus.

It counteracts the fact that if they weren't sent back, then Melchior would not be there to be mentioned by the two imps you meet in Medina, nor repair the Grandleon, and Fiendlord Magus would never exist.

However, if Melchior and Janus DID cease to exist because of Time Bastard, then their memories must be transferred to the originals who assisted Crono in his adventures, otherwise it would result in a paradox asking why Melchior doesn't remember meeting Crono in Zeal when he clearly did, and did not go nuts like Belthasar did in the ruined future, and why Magus doesn't recall Crono coming to Schala's aid in her time of need. IMO, Time Traveler's Immunity only prevents what has already happened from not happening, such as Magus not suddenly forgetting that Crono died, despite witnessing the event. Though Janus did not witness it, Magus did.