Author Topic: A Chrono forum? Finally..  (Read 3415 times)

Deithmare

• Earthbound (+15)
  • I shall burn your timeline
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Theory
A Chrono forum? Finally..
« on: December 31, 2008, 09:43:27 pm »
I completely overlooked this thread, so..here goes.

I'm a HUGE fan of the Chrono series, IMO it's probably the best series today. I've very few people to talk to about the series, being that half of my friends refuse to play the games and or prefer to play the FF series when it comes to RPG's. Being that I rarely get the chance to talk to anyone about the series, I haven't really thought up much to say in the even that someone would know as much about it as me  :lol:

I'm sure many of you know more than I do, however  :?

Anywho, I suppose it would be blasphemy that I prefer Cross over Trigger, I can't help it, I just do. I've beaten both games plenty of times to discover all of which they have to offer, so I'm not making an uneducated decision =P

Moving onto different hobbies and interests, they are listed as below:

-Mountain Dew is the greatest drink ever, if you say otherwise I will fight you.

-Even though I prefer the Chrono series over any other, Sephiroth is the greatest character in video game history.

-I enjoy anime, though right now I'm overly-intrigued about Naruto. Subbed, not dubbed kthx.

-Muse > Every other band.

-I've been roleplaying for about 4-5 years, so I'm sure I'll get my hands dirty sometime or another.

-I've a 360 but it's currently being fixed, if you'd like to add my tag and play me in Halo, Rock Band or anything else (I'll list off my games if you request it) feel free: The III End

That's..er..about it, if you'd like to know anything further, feel free to add me via MSN.

P.S. I will add random people to my MSN list, it's going to happen and can't be avoided.

^_^

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: A Chrono forum? Finally..
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 10:09:53 pm »
I'm a Dr. Pepper man myself, but Welcome tot he Nu Year's Eve Party!

Sephiroth would be the greatest character in videogame history if he pulled a Terminator 2 and came back in a FF7 sequel as the good guy, and paired up with Tifa for some serious ass kicking. I honestly don't understand why that hasn't been done yet. Probably because James Cameron is too expensive for Square Enix to hire.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 10:23:41 pm »
-Mountain Dew is the greatest drink ever, if you say otherwise I will fight you.

I could make a case for Livewire. The others are passable drinks that are surpassed by energy drinks (in caffeine & such if not in taste). Green+Orange=Red WTF!?

-Even though I prefer the Chrono series over any other, Sephiroth is the greatest character in video game history.

Bah, pansy Kefka-ripoff like most of that game (was a ripoff of VI).

-I enjoy anime, though right now I'm overly-intrigued about Naruto. Subbed, not dubbed kthx.

I been readin the manga...speaking of which...I wonder how Konoha's doing...>_>

Deithmare

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Theory
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 10:27:54 pm »
Kefka was an insane clown who relied on magic, Sephiroth had superior physical skill and more than likely superior magic. You can't call him a ripoff just because VII came after VI.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 10:29:54 pm »
Subbed not dubbed?

I love you.

Naruto?

It was false love.

I can't have Mountain Dew anymore. You should see what happens when me and caffeine mix. As for Sephy, although he is great, thanks to a long series of fanfics involving chocolate chip cookies and Jenny the Headless Barbie Doll, I don't think of him too seriously.

You should watch Shojou Kakumei Utena. In English, not only is it incomplete, but it's a horrid dub. In Japanese, it's seriously messed up.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 10:33:10 pm »
Muse...?

Black Holes and Revelations = The Essence of Beauty

Deithmare

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Theory
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 10:34:21 pm »
Muse...?

Black Holes and Revelations = The Essence of Beauty

It was a good album, though I prefer their earlier work. Hysteria is by far the best song they've made IMO.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2008, 10:53:50 pm »
See, I really like their older stuff, too, but I have so many good memories tied to BH&R that it wins.  Plus it was the first album I'd really heard by them, so that is sort of the "starting point" for me.

Deithmare

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Theory
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2008, 11:43:05 pm »
Hysteria was the first song I heard by them and ever since then they've been my favorite band. I wish they'd tour in the states again >.>

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 11:52:03 pm »
Kefka was an insane clown who relied on magic, Sephiroth had superior physical skill and more than likely superior magic. You can't call him a ripoff just because VII came after VI.

Ol' Sephy-head relied on the Lifestream & Materia (i.e. Espers for everything, only lame). All of SOLDIER was basically like what the Empire did to Celes & Kefka...I call them ripoffs because there are a lot of similarities. I've been informed though that it's more like redundancies...

Deithmare

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Theory
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2008, 11:55:20 pm »

Ol' Sephy-head relied on the Lifestream & Materia (i.e. Espers for everything, only lame)...I call them ripoffs because there are a lot of similarities. I've been informed though that it's more like redundancies...

You're still either avoiding the fact or purely missing that VII was after Vi so obviously there are going to be some similarities. Really, the only thing Kefka is widely remembered for is his laugh. Tsk, tis a shame.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2009, 12:11:24 am »
Welcome to the forums!

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2009, 01:05:53 am »

Ol' Sephy-head relied on the Lifestream & Materia (i.e. Espers for everything, only lame)...I call them ripoffs because there are a lot of similarities. I've been informed though that it's more like redundancies...

You're still either avoiding the fact or purely missing that VII was after Vi so obviously there are going to be some similarities. Really, the only thing Kefka is widely remembered for is his laugh. Tsk, tis a shame.

Actually, I went over that...that's why I said redundancies...And Kefka is also known for the poisoning of Doma, killing General Leo, killing his former boss Emperor Gestahl, laying the smackdown on the entire planet with the Light of Judgement, having his own cult, and generally being a great outlet of one-liners & the such. He was so awesome, and better than so many other FF villains because destroying the world was entirely possible for him, but it just wasn't his goal. He had far loftier goals than simple world destruction or conquering, he was out to obliterate HOPE itself...

Oh, and how many times was Kefka defeated by a little kid with a stupid weapon called a "keyblade"? Oh, that's right: none. :lol:

Deithmare

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Theory
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2009, 01:28:05 am »

Actually, I went over that...that's why I said redundancies...And Kefka is also known for the poisoning of Doma, killing General Leo, killing his former boss Emperor Gestahl, laying the smackdown on the entire planet with the Light of Judgement, having his own cult, and generally being a great outlet of one-liners & the such. He was so awesome, and better than so many other FF villains because destroying the world was entirely possible for him, but it just wasn't his goal. He had far loftier goals than simple world destruction or conquering, he was out to obliterate HOPE itself...

Oh, and how many times was Kefka defeated by a little kid with a stupid weapon called a "keyblade"? Oh, that's right: none. :lol:

The only reason Sephiroth was added to Kingdom Hearts as a villain is because VII was the most popular FF in the series, being a mixture of Disney and Final Fantasy, it's imperative that elements from FF are added. If Kefka were so popular he would've been the villain who is defeated by a little kid with a keyblade.

Oh, and obviously you have to understand that to have Sephiroth as a villain in the game, means he has to be beatable, they even limited his power in VII, so obviously they're going to limit his power to a state in which he CAN be defeated.

Sephiroth didn't only want to destroy Gaia, he wanted to destroy other planets as well, though his Super Nova attack showed several planets in the solar system being destroyed, so meh.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2009, 01:35:39 am »
The only reason Sephiroth was added to Kingdom Hearts as a villain is because VII was the most popular FF in the series, being a mixture of Disney and Final Fantasy, it's imperative that elements from FF are added. If Kefka were so popular he would've been the villain who is defeated by a little kid with a keyblade.

More like if he was a Nomura character instead of an Amano one...>_>