Author Topic: SSB Chrono Style + RD:FZ (Updated: Feb 7, 2009)  (Read 2790 times)

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
SSB Chrono Style + RD:FZ (Updated: Feb 7, 2009)
« on: December 28, 2008, 05:37:10 am »
Radical Dreamers: FZ

To know about the development, click here.

The link to the RD:FZ forums is here.

Status: The project is currently inactive due to attending life, but is still alive.

About the Project: Breaking the traditional RPG style (for once, because three characters aren't enough to make something like CT of FF) and making a Mid/High quality Sidescrolling/Action/Beat-em-up/Hack-n-Slash RPG that is not only enjoyable to play but may also render good things about the forgotten Radical Dreamers. However, it is not meant to be a remake. But instead a series of side-stories, prequels and sequels, with or without Lynx as an antagonist, but mainly as a tribute to the Chrono Trilogy for having such a wonderful story.

Synopsis: (First few paragraphs are SPOILERS)

Prologue:
Watching a noble warrior sacrifice himself to the power of Lavos in an attempt to save his comrades, Princess Schala Zeal felt responsible for the various losses. Her sorrow had gotten a hold of her heart, she wished to die alongside the warrior and the fall of her home Kingdom Zeal, and perish for eternity. A broken shard of Lavos, called the Frozen Flame, drops from the already destroyed Mammon Machine and hears her prayers, sending her to the Darkness Beyond Time. However, mysteriously a part of her consciousness takes a form of a child in the material plane and is adopted by Dr. Lucca Ashtear.

Magus witnesses the fate of Schala, and after the defeat of Lavos, disappears into the darkness.

Kid witnesses the death of Lucca at the hands of an aristocrat by the name of Lynx. A nameless wanderer saves her before the orphanage burned into oblivion. This nameless wanderer has been given the name Magil by Kid, and together they become a family. Kid has been a kleptomaniac since childhood and thus develops a habit of looting travelers and the rich for survival, and with the help of Magil, the masked magician, the job was far easier.

Gameplay beginning story:
A happy-go-lucky young bard by the name Serge traveled from city to city as a traveling musician, always complaining (or admiring life itself) that life doesn't always go as planned. Similarly, while he's gathering some fruits for his daily meal in the forest of Regiorra, he meets an "unplanned" meeting with Kid and witnesses things he wasn't meant to see. At the time, he had a camera with himself a man gifted him for his music in the continent of Choras, and thus takes pictures and hides the camera safely. Kid notices someone behind and assaults a hooded pervert, playing fists on his face. They quarrel and fight, and then leave, vowing never to see each others' faces ever again. That was their first meeting.

But like Serge said before, things don't always go as planned. The little brat stole all the money he had! It seems that his camera was better concealed than his own precious wallet. Thus, he runs around the forest in search of the girl who stole his money (nice name for a parody remix, "The girl who stole the stars my wallet"). He doesn't find the girl, but he does become a victim of a threatening conspiracy with the noble Lord of Porre.

And at this point, he's trapped. His execution was imminent and he has already been publicly humiliated, falsely wanted for a series of crimes he has never committed. At that point he notices someone sneaking around for money outside his cage. "Hey, you! The girl who stole my wallet!" After a little discussion, rant, fighting and sweet words, Kid lets Serge out and they team up. Serge touches her and takes his wallet back, making Kid blush. Next thing he knew his face was swollen.

The game continues in order to escape the chambers. And at the end of it all, they have to fight a Boss fight, like they always do in every game. When they think they're outnumbered/overpowered, Kid mentions, "Magil would kick yer arse". The argument commences discussing how powerful or scary this "Magil person" really is. Serge wonders if Kid is bluffing, then Kid grins, "I warn you, Mister. Don't make me call 'im, or it's yer funeral!" The boss laughs and asks him to call out Magil, he isn't scared of anyone. But Magil does not show up, so the boss assumes that Magil is a coward who ran away, and attacks.

Only to be blocked by a shadow in mid air. A masked superhero arrives from the shadows, but only his eyes visible enough to show the rage within it. The battle between the boss and the masked man continues. Serge realizes that neither the girl nor this Magil person is to be messed with. Scared out of his wits.

In the end of this chapter, Serge begins to fear Magil even though he was safe now. But regardless, things never went as planned and now he was a wanted criminal now with no evidence of his innocence whatsoever. He cannot show his face anywhere ever again, let alone play his music for money. He worried that he would die in the wilderness alone. Kid feels pity for him and forces him to join her group.

And by pilfering alone did they hope to survive this cruel world. They called themselves the Radical Dreamers.

So whadya guys say?  :lee:

Super Smash Chrono/Chrono: Cross Trigger Battle

Coming soon!

Quote from: Archived
I admit, I'm not a programmer, but I'm trying my best to learn as well.

Ever wondered if there was a Chrono style SSB or something like this?
http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=aiTbqEPRSRk

I'm trying my best, but so far it's been days and I haven't gotten anywhere further than this. (Don't worry, I'm not gonna use in-game sprites: though I have used it for the "test", I'll draw my own fighter sprites when needed). Can someone goo with Actionscript help shed some light on this?

Buttons: Up, Down, Left, Right, Z.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 01:37:40 am by tushantin »

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
Re: SSB Chrono Style: need help
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 04:15:53 pm »
Wait, will it specifically be like Super Smash Brothers or like Soul Calibur/Castlevania Judgment?

IMO, if it's gonna be like SSB, try doing Final Smashes, like Luminaire for Crono or Dark Matter for Magus.

lockgar

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 04:29:53 pm »
I actually have battle stadium D.O.N . It is a fun game, but god is it unpolished. First, the cut sense in that game are just awkward and weird looking. Actual matches, if you do it right, can take hours "I had a match that lasted 2" if you decide to turn off the time limit. The game is so random that you could be winning the entire game, and at the last 3 seconds, someone can take all of your "orbs" and win the match. It is ridiculous. Most of the one piece characters are just cheap. "Not that I minded since that who I ended up picking half the time."

Anyway, yeah, I remember some made a really nice list of all the moves Crono could do in a SSB game before they closed down the official boards at Nintendo for some strange reason.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 04:32:30 pm by lockgar »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 10:07:59 pm »
Ah! I've already got the movesets ready. And indeed, they'd have their final smashes:lol:

As for Soul Calibur/SSB is up for takes; I need to make a quick decision. Of course, the sprite workings would be similar, but either...
1) Platform slashing/Side scrolling
2) SSB/Streetfighter like.

What do you guys think?

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 10:26:23 pm »
Numbah 2

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008, 10:30:32 pm »

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2008, 11:14:07 pm »
Indeed. Street Fighter sounds better, and would offer more Detail.
Sort of like Mugen, only Chrono series. You should have like, a cool version of Kefka in there randomly, not the Dissidia Version.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2008, 11:20:12 pm »
xD When you said Kefka you reminded me that this project was supposed to have been Chrono vs FF6 thing. Indeed, I will have not just Kefka but also some other characters from FF6. If Mugen-like, then I reckon it'd be less time consuming in Mugen than Flash. Of course, my intention was customization. What if Street Fighter merges with SSB? Also, we might have some animated movies and sort in Flash which we can't do in Mugen (yes, I'm getting my tablet soon).

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2008, 11:26:48 pm »
I was more for the SSB style.

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2008, 11:41:49 pm »
I didn't mean USE Mugen, I meant it would be LIKE Mugen. I'll try to help.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2008, 12:08:53 am »
Don't worry, I'm planning for it to be SSB style as well.

Ah, thank you, Hyper!

One thing to know: The battle style would be time based? If so, have we to see the HP bars or more of "points we gain as we hit"?

« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 12:16:04 am by tushantin »

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2008, 12:13:16 am »
Maybe that can be Chrono Break/Brake?

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2008, 12:16:47 am »
Could be. XD But the name's already registered. We have plenty of time to think of the name.

It is far easier when we have separate movie clips pre-assigned codes for keys. The AI could be made for the opponents. But the problem is, we couldn't use the same movie clips for opponents. Then we'd have to make like...
Player1 = keys/computer selection. Player2 = Keys/Computer selection.
If a character is chosen in the menu, then
Character X = Player1
And assign keys to Player1.

But then I don't know how to do that...

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2008, 12:22:09 am »
Well this looks promising. Can't wait to work on it.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2008, 12:38:02 am »
Looks promising already. Can't wait to play.