Author Topic: The Catalyst of CT  (Read 8857 times)

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
The Catalyst of CT
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2005, 12:21:07 am »
Possible the entity is the universe and it law and code. Crono's friend really wanting him alive made the possibility of Gaspar giving them the Time Egg, and Lucca really wanting to go to 990 made the gate

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
The Catalyst of CT
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2005, 03:09:21 am »
Quote from: Kazuki
I ask, "Why would something so almight display a human quality?"

I totally agree. Even the almighty Dragon God, FATE and the Time Devourer could not comprehend it. Schala's good was overwelmed by Lavos because he just avoided that part of her.
FATE envied humans in a way and wanted to one day be alive. The Dragon God pretty much HATES everything except the reptites and the Earth.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
The Catalyst of CT
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2005, 06:39:22 am »
Lucca created her Gate in the same way that the Entity created its Gates.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
The Catalyst of CT
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2005, 06:44:59 am »
I ask, "Why would something so almight display a human quality?"

I thought it was obvious that the Entity wasn't so almighty...I mean, the whole 400 Year Reunion pretty much is about how vulnerable the Entity is in the future. And Crono & Co. even compare what's happening to a person having flashbacks right before death. I ask, "Why wouldn't the Entity display human qualities?" I mean, in CC it's very much stated how all life comes from the earth, so wouldn't these human qualities, in a way, also come from the same source? Or, if that's simply too much, there's always Masa, Mune, & Doreen, which come from Dreamstone, which comes from the earth, and they obviously share human qualities.

Quote from: Chrono'99

So then...Just anyone w/a lot of pain & regret can open up a portal through time in the Chrono world?

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
The Catalyst of CT
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2005, 06:51:18 am »
Quote from: V_Translanka

So then...Just anyone w/a lot of pain & regret can open up a portal through time in the Chrono world?

Why not. Lucca fits the Entity description which was discussed at the campfire scene pretty well ("if only I had done this", "I shouldn't have done that", etc.), except that her regret comes from Lara's accident instead of something with Lavos.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
The Catalyst of CT
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2005, 06:54:37 am »
Yeah...but she's also not...y'know...dying or anything...

>_>

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
The Catalyst of CT
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2005, 06:56:53 am »
I think he was talking about her Gate Key or Telepod.

Umm, Well as Belthasar said, Love and Hate were only born when the Frozen Flame made contact with humans.... And the planet didn't give them those emotions.

Besides, the Planet doesn't seem conserned in anyone's affairs and only ends up saving itself because Crono and co. would not turn their backs on their future.

I think the Planet, like Lavos, works more on survival tactics, like bringing Dinopolis into the world. Why the hell did it do it? Is it retarded... FATE and Chronopolis weren't going to do anything to change the future, and only built El Nido to hide themselves. The Planet, brining in Cronopolis, let the Dragonites loose to do their stuff, and possibly the demi-humans were born out of some human/dragonite relation.

And besides that, the planet never really shows any emotions, except for what the Dragon God and the elementals in Terra Tower say.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
The Catalyst of CT
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2005, 06:59:17 am »
The Entity's pain comes from the fact that it's dying, and so it sees its whole life and important events pass by (there are Gates from 65,000,000 BC to 2,300 AD). Lucca is obviously not dying, her pain comes from a single event so only one Gate is created (and closed once the regret is no more).

SolidSnake_8608

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
The Catalyst of CT
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2005, 02:30:17 pm »
I think the Planet, like Lavos, works more on survival tactics, like bringing Dinopolis into the world. Why the hell did it do it? Is it retarded... FATE and Chronopolis weren't going to do anything to change the future, and only built El Nido to hide themselves. The Planet, brining in Cronopolis, let the Dragonites loose to do their stuff, and possibly the demi-humans were born out of some human/dragonite relation.

Ya know, you gotta point there, the planet really did kinda screw itself, although it was trying to make things the way they were supposed to be originally, but basically, it ended it's own dream.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
The Catalyst of CT
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2005, 04:54:09 pm »
The Entity's pain comes from the fact that it's dying, and so it sees its whole life and important events pass by (there are Gates from 65,000,000 BC to 2,300 AD). Lucca is obviously not dying, her pain comes from a single event so only one Gate is created (and closed once the regret is no more).

So why doesn't Magus get a gate? His hardships are MUCH greater than Lucca's

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
The Catalyst of CT
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2005, 04:58:39 pm »
Quote from: SilentMartyr

So why doesn't Magus get a gate? His hardships are MUCH greater than Lucca's

Magus is in despair, not hope. He's not a dreamer.

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
The Catalyst of CT
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2005, 05:10:31 pm »
I don't recall Lucca having any more, "hope," than Magus towards her past, but I know what you mean...Lucca is a much more optimistic person.

Also, about Magus...well, he never fixed up a robot that replanted a forest. So maybe the gate's more inclined to open up to somebody who essentially help restore part of the vitality of the planet.

SilentMartyr

• View Profile
The Catalyst of CT
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2005, 05:26:02 pm »
I don't recall Lucca having any more, "hope," than Magus towards her past, but I know what you mean...Lucca is a much more optimistic person.

Also, about Magus...well, he never fixed up a robot that replanted a forest. So maybe the gate's more inclined to open up to somebody who essentially help restore part of the vitality of the planet.

His arguement was that Lucca's hope for her mother was soley responsible for the creation of the gate and that the Entity had nothing to do with it.

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
The Catalyst of CT
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2005, 05:41:51 pm »
Er, whoops...misinterpretation  :oops: .

If that's the case, then I guess it can be argued that Magus should have a gate. Although, I don't really see the point of it...what would he want to change? Perhaps Zeal's dependence on Lavos... but I never really saw him as that vehement against this...just as a passing regret, with some old feelings of resent occasionally chiming in.

SilentMartyr

• View Profile
The Catalyst of CT
« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2005, 05:47:38 pm »
He would try and change Lavos destroying Zeal. But we all know he would fail miserably.