16 (12.6%)
Robo
12 (9.4%)
Ayla
8 (6.3%)
Magus
25 (19.7%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Who are your leads?  (Read 6772 times)

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
Re: Who are your leads?
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2009, 07:56:03 pm »
I like using Crono Glenn and Ayla...  Its like a cheater party.  I let Glenn and Ayla die, revive them so they only have 50 HP left, and use frog splash and dino tail.  Crono's there to use revives and luminair.

Dino Tail and Frog Squash are best used if their at 1 HP. Like in the SNES version of the Tera Mutant battle in the Black Omen. For some odd reason, they took away it's Life Shaver/MP Buster counters in CTDS. Whenever I can't score a killing blow, it doesn't counter at all. Now I just throw in Robo with both the Apocalypse Arm and a Dragon's Tear for an instant Falcon Punch FTW, even if it gets roughed up by Magus and Crono while waiting for the Falcon Punch.

CelestialPhantasm

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2009, 06:30:46 pm »
I often use Glenn, Lucca, and either Chrono (because he's the protagonist I suppose) or Ayla.  Glenn and Lucca have pretty much the best dual tech in the game- Frog Flare.  Frog only needs to be at a quarter health and it's already devastating to all enemies.  Ayla and Glenn also have a pretty good single enemy attack together- Jump Kick or something.  Especially good if one of them has the Prism Specs...

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2009, 10:10:43 pm »
Frog Flare is still good if Glenn's at 999 HP. I blew through half of NG+ with that and Luminaire. I hardly did anything else.

CelestialPhantasm

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2009, 05:53:47 am »
Hahah, that sounds boring. But I suppose for NG+, you just want to get through as efficiently as possible.  But I thought that Frog Flare only does as much as "Flare" when Frog's at full HP...

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2009, 08:42:18 am »
But I thought that Frog Flare only does as much as "Flare" when Frog's at full HP...

I can see where you're coming from, but I highly doubt they would want to pull that stunt. It would only make Frog Flare even less used than Frog Squash (from which it is partly derived) and Dino Tail, since all it would do is look nice and waste Glenn's MP.

CelestialPhantasm

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2009, 06:10:12 pm »
Hahah, thanks for your understanding.  I don't really remember all that well though, it's been like a year since I last played Chrono Trigger.  I am sure, however, that his losing HP still strengthens Frog Flare quite a bit, and in a regular game it was worthwhile to have him below half health.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2009, 06:11:24 pm »
I still doubt it. Can someone verify this?

TheSwordsFrog

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2009, 05:27:35 am »
the team I use most  to end the game is crono,frog and magus,but generally I try to use everyone because is fun changing the combinations  :) the characters I use less are marle and robo

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2009, 12:31:22 pm »
It's funny that I don't think anyone so far has chosen the combination of the 3 currently most used: Crono, Magus &...Marle...Sounds like a good Crimson Echoes team though...:P

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2009, 12:33:27 pm »
I used to go Crono, Marle, and Magus. Then I discovered Double Cure. Crono got the boot.

But my vote was Marle, Frog, and Magus. With them I beat the Lavos.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2009, 12:38:27 pm »
Y'know, I forget which team I first beat Lavos with...It might've been Crono, Marle & Lucca though just for ol' times' sake...brought the 1000AD Trio together again...Though it might have been Magus instead of Crono (because I knew Crono wouldn't have any lines)...Or was I still using Triple Techs? Did I have the Omega Flare team? That's pretty close to my regular party (replace Magus with Crono anyways)...Hmmm...

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2009, 12:55:59 pm »
I've only beaten the game once.  In that play through I used Crono, Lucca, and Frog the most.  Now that I got the DS port I will get to play it a lot more than normally.

TheSwordsFrog

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2009, 04:23:08 pm »
am I the only one who finds marle basically useless,gamewise?really,she never helped.oh well...

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2009, 07:38:29 pm »
Pair her up with Frog and watch as you get the wonderfulness that is Double Cure.

Marle is a good character all around. Her magic is amazing to start, so she's good for no Magus. Her healing techs are a lifesaver (Life 2, anyone?). She works well with almost anyone (Arc Impulse YAY!) and can fight on her own (her crossbow, though not the best, is pretty good). Aside from battle, she drives the story. She causes the first trip through time, she causes a few quests, she gets things going with the whole Lavos thing, and who else is going to open that door?!

Marle = great character. End of discussion.

TheSwordsFrog

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2009, 08:32:03 pm »
Pair her up with Frog and watch as you get the wonderfulness that is Double Cure.

Marle is a good character all around. Her magic is amazing to start, so she's good for no Magus. Her healing techs are a lifesaver (Life 2, anyone?). She works well with almost anyone (Arc Impulse YAY!) and can fight on her own (her crossbow, though not the best, is pretty good). Aside from battle, she drives the story. She causes the first trip through time, she causes a few quests, she gets things going with the whole Lavos thing, and who else is going to open that door?!

Marle = great character. End of discussion.

I was talking about fighting.but maybe I just don't need her that much because I tend to level up a lot before fighting bosses  :mrgreen: I agree that she's a nice character overall  :wink: and also about the combos,some are great.I just think she's more useful later in the game because her defense is much higher(of course).   
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 08:45:57 pm by TheSwordsFrog »