16 (12.6%)
Robo
12 (9.4%)
Ayla
8 (6.3%)
Magus
25 (19.7%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Who are your leads?  (Read 6768 times)

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
Re: Who are your leads?
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2008, 12:57:28 am »
Heh, don't get your hopes up. If the project doesn't die, then SE will find out about it and issue Justin a C&D letter.

(Kidding!)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2008, 10:35:28 pm »
My original mainstay for most CT runs was Crono, Lucca, and Marle (there's something poetic about finishing the game with the same team you started the game with)...

Technically the first 3-person party you get is Crono, Lucca & Frog...You don't get Crono, Lucca & Marle until they escape from Chancellor to 2300AD.

Alcyone

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • nyoro~n
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2009, 10:41:48 am »
I usually use Crono, Ayla, and Marle because I really like their techs. But then again, I've stuck with that team pretty much always. I'm going to try some different teams for once the next time I start a new game though. >w<

Cerestryo

• Earthbound (+15)
  • dear journal, 2052 sucked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2009, 03:49:50 pm »
Mines crono(big suprise) robo, and ayla

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2009, 07:28:04 pm »
Currently, if I don't know if an enemy is going to be trouble, I take Robo equipped with the Apocalypse Arm and Dragon's Tear. I always take Crono, and he is always leader, unless I can't (only between completing Ocean Palace and completing Death Peak, which only has the Blackbird, and the second Magus meeting (encounters with the Prophet and his unmasking at the Ocean Palace are not counted as Magus meetings), where you can recruit the Fiendlord. After I recruit Magus, I keep him in the party whenever possible. If not using Robo, I take Frog.

Post-Death-Peak Party

Crono
Magus
Frog/Robo

Hahahahahahaha!

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2009, 08:04:39 pm »
After Crono I dies I love making Magus the lead.  It adds more of a "twist" to the storyline, seeing as how all Crono's allies are now following their old enemy.  Having in the lead is also pretty useful because it gives Magus a chance to gain his techs.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2009, 08:46:19 pm »
I like the makeup of Crono Frog and Magus.  I call it The Team Of Redemption.  I don't use Marle much, mianly because she dosen't have a group heal.  The only time I think I choose Lucca is Magus' Castle.  I don't Charm ever except my latest run through of the Black Omen, so I don't use Ayla a whole lot...but some.  I always thought Robo was a little bit of a buster, but I'm warming up to him.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2009, 08:54:56 pm »
You'd better be warming up to him, especially with the Apocalypse Arm. Also, I use the Team of Redemption whenever possible, though Magus is #2, and Frog is #3.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2009, 08:20:43 pm »
Robo (high physical, high magic, 3 Magic elements, best all party healing single Tech).
At level, mm...... was it 89+? Marle's *Cure heals 999 for me. With a GoldStud, that's 1 MP.

Marle is the best single healer, but she doesn't heal the whole party at once... ever...

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2009, 10:22:28 pm »
Yeah, how could you skip over the part "best ALL PARTY healing single tech" that you quoted & bolded, jessmanboo22? >_>

Also, if you like Cure so much (why?), then you shouldn't wait for level 89 (which is totally NG+, where the only thing that's going to bother you is all party attacks anyways), you should just make good use of Magic Tabs.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2009, 12:18:25 am »
I don't remember what team I used for the beginning of the game when it first came out, but I know Magus went in right after he joined.
On my last playthrough.. Crono, Marle and Frog were my team for the first half of the game. Crono, because he was mandatory. Marle and Frog for their healing, Frog's physical damage, and a few good double techs between them.
After Zeal, it was Magus, Crono and Marle. Crono's had great physical damage when you gave him the rainbow, and it took a lot to kill him. Magus, because he's awesome and his magic absolutely trumped evevryone else's attacks. Marle was still useful for her healing and Haste spells, or using Elixers every turn while fighting Zeal on top of the Omen.
This is for a non-plus game. With these teams I didn't die once, and got to level 50-something at the end in a single run. I never took the time to get to level 99, so Luminaire was never quite as effective as Dark Matter. It's more fun when the mage deals more magic damage than the fighters, anyway.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2009, 12:23:47 am »
Why do people forget about Magic Tabs so much? It doesn't take very long for Crono, Lucca & Robo's Magic stats to get up to Magus' level and thus have Luminaire, Flare & Shock surpass Dark Matter.

Also, in CT Crono, Lucca, Marle, Frog, and Magus are all technically mages...

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2009, 12:42:57 am »
I didn't forget about Magic Tabs. I just gave most to Magus and Marle. Getting ** Power for Crono and ** Magic for Magus were my first priorities, and they switched tabs after their goals were met. Not quite enough to get Crono up to Magus' level.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2009, 12:50:15 am »
It doesn't need to match Magus' Magic stat for Luminaire to surpass Dark Matter. Y'know, with 20.5 being so much more than 15.5...

Azure

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2009, 01:36:12 am »
I like using Crono Glenn and Ayla...  Its like a cheater party.  I let Glenn and Ayla die, revive them so they only have 50 HP left, and use frog splash and dino tail.  Crono's there to use revives and luminair.