16 (12.6%)
Robo
12 (9.4%)
Ayla
8 (6.3%)
Magus
25 (19.7%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Who are your leads?  (Read 6769 times)

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
Who are your leads?
« on: December 27, 2008, 12:41:13 pm »
I finished one of the new monster village sidequests about 3 weeks back and was shown three characters, but they weren't all the ones in my party at the moment so i got to thinking "These guys I had when I fought the monsters in the forest but they aren't my best guys, my best ones are right here after fighting that big boss battle!" And so now I'm interested in knowing, who are your three most used people in your team, the three you use the most and bring out for the toughest situations, your numero unos, your top three characters(you use in your party)!!!

Mine are Crono(surprise, right?), Frog(ooo, shocking...), and Marle(at this point many are shocked for real). I really like some of their combos like Double Cure, Arc Impulse is my favorite move in the whole game and I usually level Marle more than the other characters and give her many capsules so she winds up being one of my best anyways. I get in the 800s-900s on average with her Ice 2 attack, and her standard attack is in the thousands.

It's mainly because I level up my characters VERY early(right at the begining of the game I fight Hetakes until I'm in the 20s). Of course, Luminaire and Confuse, Frog Squash(I never heal Frog so marle's Life 2 also comes in handy), Aerial Strike, Two characters with cure 2 so in case one falls I still have a healer. All this plus Wrath Band on Crono, I have the worth of two healers and two fighters with three characters.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: Who are your leads?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 01:37:39 pm »
Lucca - If she's available.
Magus - Same as above.
Robo - Yeah, when I don't want to use Ayla to charm...

Of course, Crono and Frog are still awesome characters, but I guess I have too many chances to use them, so when I can remove them, I just leave them alone.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2008, 02:43:42 pm »
It depends on what I'm after, but my usual end-game team, of which I usually train hardest is Crono (high physical & high magic), Lucca (high magic, decent physical about half the time) & Robo (high physical, high magic, 3 Magic elements, best all party healing single Tech). Though I also use Ayla a lot for Charm (& general physical badassery) and Magus for his cool quotes (usually with Crono so that he gets more dialogue per play)...To me, Frog & Marle are just boring without teaming up with others, and I think it's just faster & better to go with Single Tech attacks than relying on other characters. Haste is Marle's only redeemable Tech and it's not even that spectacular, really...
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 02:46:13 pm by V_Translanka »

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 02:46:28 pm »
At the beginning of the game, I use Crono, Marle, and Frog when they're available. When Frog isn't with me, I use Lucca. But by the end, my choice team is Magus, Marle, and Frog. Magus is the one I like to run around as; I love the floaty.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2008, 03:54:08 pm »
The floaty is fun.  :mrgreen:
I always put marle in front. I love watching her hair bob about when she walks from the backwards angle. I don't know why, I just do.
And Magus is a strongly used character of mine yes, but more often than not I have him just for Dark Matter. Other than that I rarely use him for anything else(seriously, it's been years since I did any move with Magus besides Dark Matter).

Lucca, I'm surprised to hear she's more popular. Reason, she's one of my less used characters. Ayla is my least and Lucca is my second least. Her Flare, the bigger bomb(not searching my memory banks for the name right now), and some other stuff she has is good AND definetly her Wondershot. But other than all that, I don't find much from her(probably cause I don't level her as much as the others). Robo, I use him often but only as a healer(Heal beam is awesome and it saved me the first time I ever beat the game).

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2008, 04:22:35 pm »
ROFL Ayla 0. The only time I used her was during Black Omen, to charm crap. I use Frog, Crono and Robo.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2008, 04:34:33 pm »
Well, least used doesn't equal to dislike. When I get used to a team, I'm just too lazy to change it.
That's why I've played CC from beginning to end for several times, but my final team is always Kid/Serge/Guile. LOL

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2008, 04:42:07 pm »
I'm the lone Ayla, eh?

She's in the springtime of youth.

hiddensquire

• Guardian (+100)
  • Seeker of wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2008, 04:53:08 pm »
My original mainstay for most CT runs was Crono, Lucca, and Marle (there's something poetic about finishing the game with the same team you started the game with), though (Magus!) other party members (Magus!) certainly got face time (also Magus!).  Robo gets used the least for me, and Ayla would actually have been the same if not for her Charm.

With CT DS, things are a little different.  The Valor Crest and Champion's Badge make Ayla and Frog much more viable characters.  I cannot describe how fun it is to have those two characters with those two accessories, and Crono with the Dreamseeker/Wrath Band.  With the Crono & Ayla counterattacking everything and the entire party criticaling most of the time to boot, no foe or boss could stand for long.  In addition to physical moves, the champion's badge also pimps out Frog's magic pool, so there's that too.  Robo also becomes useful with Apocalypse arm/Dragon's Tear; I've heard the argument for the Crisis Arm over it, but you can't say no to how well the Apocalypse pierces the superior defenses of Magus, the rightmost Lavos Pod, or the Time Devourer, for example.  And whyyyyyyy do the females always get the best armor and helmets?

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2008, 05:19:55 pm »
Crono - For obvious reasons (I even put him in the lead after the Ocean Palace). One of the three party members that raid the Black Omen.

Marle - Second-In-Command. She leads during the Blackbird and to North Cape, from there until Crono is back, the leader is...

Magus - 'Nuff said. One of the three party members that raid the Black Omen.

(Glenn is the third party member that raids the Black Omen.)

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2008, 06:23:38 pm »
My end team tends to be Crono, Frog, Magus. If either of the three aren't available, Robo's usually in there. I've never been a fan of Lucca, and I only use Ayla out of desperation. Marle's pretty decent from time to time...

I haven't played CT in a while though...so I'll probably change up my team a bit during my next play through.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2008, 06:37:15 pm »
Play CTDS. It's worth it.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2008, 12:45:18 am »
Usually Crono, typically. If not, then Ayla or Frog (because he hops!).

Second place is usually Ayla and third is Marle. Luminaire/Attack/Cure approach...
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 12:47:19 am by Pyt Fumv »

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2008, 12:49:57 am »
Crono, Robo, Ayla. Notable features of this setup: Crono's Luminaire, Robo's Uzi Punch, Ayla's Bronze Fist and Twister triple-tech.

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2008, 12:52:14 am »
The soon to be 8th playable character, yours truly.