Author Topic: This seemed like the best place to put this...  (Read 4359 times)

VampirateLoyal

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
This seemed like the best place to put this...
« on: May 16, 2009, 05:22:28 pm »
For those who are appalled by the C&D letter sent to the makers of the Crimson Echoes project, I have a favor to ask of you.

Most people think that the fan community isn't strong enough to argue against a company like Square Enix. But I would like to ask those people to look up a project called Kings Quest 9: The Silver Lining. The same exact thing happened to their game back in 2005, and the fans banded together and pushed their campaign until Vivendi Universal finally granted Phoenix Online a fan license to continue their project. I was one of the fans.

Though I am not affiliated with the team who made Crimson Echoes, I am a die-hard Chrono Trigger fan. And I'd like to do something about this.

There has already been a website created with a petition for all of us to sign. It is located here: www.savecrimsonechoes.com

This is a fabulous start, but there is also more we can do. If the fans all petition, e-mail, call and do whatever else they can to contact Square Enix, we might be able to grab their attention.

We also need to spread the word to as many people as we can so that we can accumulate a higher number. If I could the fans to post the story on their facebook pages, twitter pages, myspace pages, etc, along with a link to the petition website, it would help greatly. Also, any suggestions for the campaign are more than welcome.

Let's make our voices heard!

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: This seemed like the best place to put this...
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 05:34:00 pm »
We are aware, but thank you for voicing in and joining the Compendium!

Bradoshado

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 04:42:18 pm »
Do you know what we all learned from this?  Release updates of your stuff every once in a while.  By the time the C&D happens...it'll be spread out where you can underground the rest if you want.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 11:47:10 pm »
What I've taken from this is that fangames have not yet received the same kind of mainstream acceptance as fan fiction and fan art, which are C&D'd in extreme exceptions and not as a rule. However, judging from the example of the accepted types of fanwork, the tide of history is on our side.