Author Topic: A Possiblity of Misunderstanding?  (Read 8171 times)

Zergplex

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • Zergplex ~ Not all those who wander are lost
Re: A Possiblity of Misunderstanding?
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2009, 12:39:34 am »
Don't forget:

Evil, because although they are actually doing something good, they are the villains for doing it through evil acts.

That would be a variant of the "the ends do not justify the means" quote I take it?

ryu planeswalker

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2009, 12:39:46 am »
I think that Lavos intentionally ended up on earth, as Azala seemed to know it was going to fall.

Uh yeah...because a giant friggin' red object was in the sky getting closer and closer each day  :D. It doesn't necessarily mean Lavos ended up there intentionally, however.

But logically speaking, Lavos would have to be able to direct where it wanted to go. Reproduction just wouldn't be that efficient otherwise.

I don't think Lavos and Efficient are two things that fit together, he sat on his duff for 65+ Million years collecting DNA when Humanity Hasn't changed all that much from the time of Zeal and there weren't that many variants in the evolution of Fiends to explain why he waited as long as he did to reproduce.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2009, 12:47:36 am »
Don't forget:

Evil, because although they are actually doing something good, they are the villains for doing it through evil acts.

That would be a variant of the "the ends do not justify the means" quote I take it?

Yes, although I always find it interesting the irony present when the heroes realize they just finished with the only hope many other people had, like in Tales of Phantasia. Where there is a big, "Oh no, what have we done?" situation.

Fireseal

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2009, 03:13:25 pm »
Don't forget:

Yes, although I always find it interesting the irony present when the heroes realize they just finished with the only hope many other people had, like in Tales of Phantasia. Where there is a big, "Oh no, what have we done?" situation.

Ah yes... Dhaos... I totally did not see that coming when I had finished that game. It was indeed ironic.