Author Topic: If you don't see me again I died a cold cold death  (Read 4006 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
If you don't see me again I died a cold cold death
« on: December 22, 2008, 05:17:00 pm »
Alrighty I got my snow shovel, my chains and a pocket of sunshine.  I'm off to the airport.  If you don't see me I spun out and died in the ridiculous amount of snow on the side of the road.

Washington + snow == Total Disaster... How does your guys state handle the snow.  Back in IL at the slightest hint of snow there's be like a dozen plows on the road sprinking salt.  But now that I'm here i like...barely see the plows.  My apartment complex didn't even plow the parking lot so I had to go get a shovel to get my car out.

--JP

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: If you don't see me again I died a cold cold death
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 06:27:04 pm »
*Keeps fingers crossed that we don't have the sudden cancellation of Crimson Echoes due to Washington's weather.*

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 06:38:33 pm »
Hope you survive.
I'm not too familiar with snow; it doesn't really snow at all where I live.
(Maybe in other parts of the state, but not in the city I live in.)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 07:10:40 pm by Vehek »

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 07:02:47 pm »
How does my state handle the snow? Well I'm originally from Massachusetts, but right now I live in Tex-sucks.

And when it snows even 1 centimeter here, rednecks freak out, swerve on the road and hit each other (usually they do this for no other reason than that they are drunk after watching football), schools are cancelled for several days, children try to build snowmen but they don't know how because it never snows enough down here so they come out looking horrible, and people bitch about how the 25 degree weather is too horribly cold for them.

You may think I'm exaggerating, but I swear to you that I'm not.

We have more to worry about flash floods than snow. Last year the streets were flooded so bad that it was over the windshields of peoples cars. I still had to make it to the university to take a final which wasn't cancelled for some reason, and I did - wading through water up to my waist at times.

Paradox244

• Iokan (+1)
  • Better Living Through Insanity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 07:05:34 pm »
Snow in Texas was always an even when I lived there.  I remember seeing people driving pickup trucks over iced over roads with people sitting on cardboard boxes hanging onto ropes connected to the back of the trucks.  Quite a sight.

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 07:29:38 pm »
At the annual fireworks show on the Fourth of July kids "sled" down the grass/dirt hills with cardboard boxes.

People try to entertain themselves in anyway that they can here I suppose.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 09:39:31 pm »
We handle it pretty well here usually...We got a foot of snow in our last 2 snow storms in total, and we're getting another 4-7 inches tomorrow :|...This is a December record and is almost worse then last years winter already and winter just began yesterday..

Anywho, Good luck out there D:

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2008, 09:59:12 pm »
Where I live it never snows. Happened only once, and has never happened again.

However, it does snows nearby, however, it's like an hour trip to get there. But I'm gald it's there and not here.

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2008, 10:00:07 pm »
Chrono Eric got it right:
And when it snows even 1 centimeter here, rednecks freak out, swerve on the road and hit each other (usually they do this for no other reason than that they are drunk after watching football), schools are cancelled for several days, children try to build snowmen but they don't know how because it never snows enough down here so they come out looking horrible, and people bitch about how the 25 degree weather is too horribly cold for them.
I hate Texas during the winter, when I was back in Canada we had it good--real snow, real weather, and we'd always tough it out. Snow day? Never had 'em.

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2008, 10:02:12 pm »
Good Luck, Brave Soul.

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2008, 02:17:33 am »
I hate Texas during the winter, when I was back in Canada we had it good--real snow, real weather, and we'd always tough it out. Snow day? Never had 'em.

You live in Texas too mav? I don't suppose your name is a reference to the dallas Mavericks? I imagine someone from Canada would follow hockey if they moved down here. I live north of Dallas.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2008, 02:28:24 am »
Southern Oregon weather is hella screwy. It snows a little mid December then doesn't snow again until the middle of spring. It not even impressive snow either!

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2008, 02:59:23 am »
Dang. The closest place it's snowed where I live is in the mountains. And those are like, FAR away. The coldest it's been this winter is like, 63 degrees farenheit, lol. I can still go to the pool and swim without freezing.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2008, 03:08:45 am »
Dang. The closest place it's snowed where I live is in the mountains. And those are like, FAR away.

Hey, it's the same to me. The nearby mountains is where it snows.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2008, 09:33:21 am »
Out here in MA, there are plows out there. However, the wires are still down from the snow storm, so we can't plow some of the roads. We went up to our car yesterday to dig it out and clean it off, right? Apparently, when the guys in our complex plow, they put the stuff they plow off the roads into the parking spaces. So we got essentially buried.