Author Topic: The entity, responsible for the mammon machine, and the black omen!?  (Read 4887 times)

Hyriel Mecrith

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
I think the entity is the one behind the mammon machine, and the black omen.
Yes it sounds crazy, but lets look at the fact.

One day, the kingdom of Zeal, found a way to harness the power of Lavos : the mammon machine. Queen Zeal, then decided to abandon the other energy (the sun stone), to only use Lavos energy.
Later, the ocean palace was created, to permit to steal even more power from Lavos. The ocean palace, once activated, Lavos awoke, and destroyed the kingdom of zeal.
Then the Ocean Palace became the Black Omen, still sucking Lavos energy.
Why would Lavos let the Black omen do this? He just destroyed Zeal to stop it, didn't he?
Why would he even want the human to harness his energy in the first place?
Lavos has no reason for letting human harness his power. He feed on the planet energy. It's his food, it become his energy. The mammon machine stole the energy of Lavos, it weaken him. Lavos certainly would not want to be weakened.
The entity on the other hand, would be more than happy to weaken Lavos.
That's my theory.
The entity, used the kingdom of zeal, to weaken Lavos. The entity guided Zeal so that it would discover, and use the energy of Lavos. The entity manipulated queen Zeal, profited of her insanity, maybe caused it, to make her absorb even more the energy of Lavos. Lavos sensed the threat, and destroyed the kingdom of Zeal. But the black omen was completed, it stole the energy of Lavos, and use it to maintain itself undetectable, or at least out of reach.
Hence, Lavos, was slowly weakened. This permitted Crono and his companion to finally take him out.
So what do you think, of this theory.
Doesn't it make more sense, than if Lavos manipulated Queen Zeal?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: The entity, responsible for the mammon machine, and the black omen!?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 05:33:41 pm »
The Black Omen (& thus the Mammon Machine) is no longer as close to Lavos as it was as the Ocean Palace, so I don't think it draws as much energy and thus it's no longer bothersome to Lavos (in fact, when Zeal calls upon Lavos again after fighting Crono & Co., it absorbs the entirety of the Black Omen)...

Hyriel Mecrith

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 02:14:18 pm »
The Black Omen take enough energy from Lavos, to float in the sky. And additionally, The Black Omen is eternal, it seems outside of the normal flow of time.
It stay the same from 12000BC to 2300 AD and onward. The amount of energy that permit to do that can't be seen as negligible. Even to Lavos.
Furthermore, what the Black Omen does, is what was the Ocean Palace was supposed to do : Make Zeal immortal.
And so I think, that the Black Omen parasite Lavos, like Lavos parasite the planet. If Lavos could destroy the black omen from the start, he would do it. But he only absorbs the entirety of the Black Omen, after the defeat of Queen Zeal and the Mammon Machine. The Black Omen could have lost its protection against Lavos at this point.
And lastly, in 1999 AD, Lavos destroyed the world. But the black Omen, is still here unarmed. On the other hand, the region where it is located at is damaged like the rest.
Wait a minute, it's even more damaged the rest of the world. The black omen is situated near Death Peak, where Lavos reside to give birth to its pawn. In 2300 AD, the Black omen sure is close to Lavos.
Is it so far from Lavos in the other Era than we think.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 02:26:38 pm »
I've always thought that Lavos figuratively rules atop Death Peak in that that's where the Lavos Spawn are...

And prior to the Mammon Machine, Zeal used other technology, so I don't think floating is such a big energy draw (or even that it's using Lavos' energy to do so)...It's even possible that during the Ocean Palace disaster the Mammon Machine was simply able to draw enough energy to sustain & raise the Black Omen in the first place...

DBoruta

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 08:03:24 pm »
I think the entity is the one behind the mammon machine, and the black omen.
Yes it sounds crazy, but lets look at the fact.

One day, the kingdom of Zeal, found a way to harness the power of Lavos : the mammon machine. Queen Zeal, then decided to abandon the other energy (the sun stone), to only use Lavos energy.
Later, the ocean palace was created, to permit to steal even more power from Lavos. The ocean palace, once activated, Lavos awoke, and destroyed the kingdom of zeal.
Then the Ocean Palace became the Black Omen, still sucking Lavos energy.
Why would Lavos let the Black omen do this? He just destroyed Zeal to stop it, didn't he?
Why would he even want the human to harness his energy in the first place?
Lavos has no reason for letting human harness his power. He feed on the planet energy. It's his food, it become his energy. The mammon machine stole the energy of Lavos, it weaken him. Lavos certainly would not want to be weakened.
The entity on the other hand, would be more than happy to weaken Lavos.
That's my theory.
The entity, used the kingdom of zeal, to weaken Lavos. The entity guided Zeal so that it would discover, and use the energy of Lavos. The entity manipulated queen Zeal, profited of her insanity, maybe caused it, to make her absorb even more the energy of Lavos. Lavos sensed the threat, and destroyed the kingdom of Zeal. But the black omen was completed, it stole the energy of Lavos, and use it to maintain itself undetectable, or at least out of reach.
Hence, Lavos, was slowly weakened. This permitted Crono and his companion to finally take him out.
So what do you think, of this theory.
Doesn't it make more sense, than if Lavos manipulated Queen Zeal?

No.

6502x86

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 09:48:16 am »
I've always thought that Lavos figuratively rules atop Death Peak in that that's where the Lavos Spawn are...

And prior to the Mammon Machine, Zeal used other technology, so I don't think floating is such a big energy draw (or even that it's using Lavos' energy to do so)...It's even possible that during the Ocean Palace disaster the Mammon Machine was simply able to draw enough energy to sustain & raise the Black Omen in the first place...

:picardno

Floating is such an enormous energy drain that Zeal managed to burn through billions of years of solar energy in just a few hundred years of floating the islands. Look how much easier BO Lavos is compared to OP Lavos.  I disaggree with most of this theory, but I'm pretty sure floating the Omen drained ol' lavvy boy more than a little.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 10:43:23 am »
Do we know that the Sun Stone was used in the floating of Zeal...? Or that they reduced it to a Moon Stone...? Crono & Co. only get the Moon Stone by 1000 AD, after all, right? Also, Black Omen Lavos goes through all of those boss forms, so that might have caused a power dampening (not the brightest move on Lavos' part to use a bunch of forms Crono & Co had already defeated though...not to mention giving all those breaks inbetween...)...

6502x86

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 03:43:17 am »
Okay, granted, the sun stone is never explicitly said to be  the power source for floating. Still, what else could have negated (I'm assuming) at least 4 billion years of solar energy? What possible project could Zeal have had the required such grand expenditure of energy? Moving on, I'm pretty certain that Zeal depleted the Sun Stone.  Look at our soceity. Only now, as we face imminent destruction by our choice of energy, petrochems, have we really begun to look for new alternative sources of power. Zeal most likely faced a similar crisis at some point, and though the sunstone may never have reached a point of total depletion under zeal, the Son of Sun definitely leeched off the few remaining dregs. The power source Zeal found was Lavos, of course.

As to the boss mimicry of BO Lavos, I do not believe that it was sufficient to weaken it, simply because NONE of the bosses that Lavos mimics come close to holding a candle to OP Lavos. I think the the whole the Boss mimicry was simply the Lavos version of Cat and Mouse.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 04:08:56 am by 6502x86 »

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2009, 04:26:02 am »
Actually, I believe it is explictly stated in the game that the Sun Stone was used as an energy source to keep Zeal afloat before the Mammon Machine. Once the Mammon Machine was built, it was retired to the Sun Keep.

Zergplex

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • Zergplex ~ Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2009, 04:12:16 pm »
Actually, I believe it is explictly stated in the game that the Sun Stone was used as an energy source to keep Zeal afloat before the Mammon Machine. Once the Mammon Machine was built, it was retired to the Sun Keep.

[Young Man]
   That's the Sun Keep you see on the
   southern continent. A Sun Stone, once
   the source of this world's power, was
   kept there.

But when we began using our new
   energy source, it was sealed up just
   like the north palace.

They claim we don't need the energy
   of this tired, old planet.

That's the quote about them using the Sun Stone's energy.

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2009, 05:26:27 pm »
Ah, okay. I could have sworn there was another quote about them using it to keep the continent afloat. I think it was in the Mammon Machine room or in Zeal Palace by one of the people there. I may be wrong though. Whatever the case, you can infer from that quote that they used the Sun Stone energy somehow to keep the continent afloat. What else would they need such a powerful energy source for?

ryu planeswalker

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2009, 03:14:51 am »
oh that one is easy , or it could have been The Guru's toying with time experiments.

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2009, 08:31:01 am »
What else would they need such a powerful energy source for?

Utilities and experiments, I suppose.

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2009, 06:52:04 pm »
Utilities and experiments, I suppose.

In that case one would have to explain what enormous ancient power source they used to keep Zeal afloat if not for the Sun Stone?

ryu planeswalker

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2009, 10:39:26 pm »
Did they say how the Reptites Got Terra Tower to float?