Author Topic: Welcome to Kajar Laboratories! [ATTACHMENTS POSTED]  (Read 50270 times)

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Welcome to Kajar Laboratories - Need a Project Forum?
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2008, 12:16:40 pm »
 8)I'll be sure to contact you when I start my own project.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: Welcome to Kajar Laboratories! Join Up!
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2008, 05:57:56 pm »
Bump...

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2008, 12:14:48 pm »
AlphaShero, those PSP boxes look sweet! I almost want to buy them now!  :lol:

Chocobo_Fan

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Is there no salvation in all the world?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2008, 04:27:24 pm »
Agreed! All of those pictures you guys have made are really cool. I really like the PSP boxes, though. ;) I really do feel like buying them! Haha. Oh, and good luck on Crimson Echoes, can't wait to play it. (Chrono Cross really does need a "connection game" to Chrono Trigger... It has very loose connections as it is, which is a pity. We all know that Square hates the Chrono series, though, so I'm sad to say that it's expected of them to be sloppy in some areas. Sigh. :( Oh well) Can't wait to see the Kajar Labratories logo in action! ;) And I think the "dream, create, inspire" thing is fine.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 08:32:38 am by Chocobo_Fan »

Nerd42

• Earthbound (+15)
  • And the Trogdor comes in the NIIIIIGHT!
    • View Profile
    • DJ Nerd42 - Chrono Tied
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2008, 02:25:39 pm »
Somebody ought to add a link to this http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Modification.html on the site menu. I never found it until today. It answers alot of the questions I've been having

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2008, 12:35:26 am »
Done.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2009, 01:35:59 am »
To avoid making another project, I've always wondered what to do about this:

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Fan_Projects.html

I mean, look at that mess. I've got a few ideas:

• Shear the Abandoned / Deprecated projects category off to its own encyclopedia page, linked in the introduction to the regular Fan Projects page.
  • Place in-progress projects above completed ones.
  • Or, do SOMETHING so that something technically a finished fan project but really horrible (like that RPGMaker one) isn't above things like Prophet's Guile and Magus Unmasked.
  • "Certify" in-progress projects based on likelihood of completion. Certification will be a Compendium seal of quality, like a big sign that this project's probably going to get done. My idea is to simply nominate things and reach a consensus on the forums.

Ideas? This may be helpful: http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Fan_Projects.html#The_Definitive_Project_Failure_Disclaimer
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 01:38:07 am by ZeaLitY »

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2009, 11:33:40 pm »
The dead projects are just so depressing. I would like it better if they were removed. With the exception of things like CTR and such.

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to Kajar Laboratories! [ATTACHMENTS POSTED]
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2016, 08:10:19 pm »
Kajar labs lives again!

So, I was curious how much of the to-do list on the first page still needs to be done?:

Kajar Laboratories To-Do List

• Translate the Character Library - http://ryoga.heypoorplayer.org/chrono/bschar_dump.php
  • Finish Radical Dreamers stuff - Someone needs to quantify Radical Dreamers event and monster damage and affection event points by keeping track of the HP and affection point totals while playing through the game. Someone can also rip the sounds of the game, perhaps using Demiforce's tools to create scenarios where all sounds are played in succession.
  • Rip the Mode 7 graphics from Chrono Trigger - Yep,  simple. Extract all the Mode 7 sprites from Chrono Trigger. No one's done it yet...
  • Track down NPC and PC animations - NPCs and PCs have animations in Chrono Trigger, but presently not all of them are documented. With more animation documentation comes greater freedom in editors to animate characters in ROM hacks. Check this thread for a list of NPC animations already found.
  • Import original music from RS3 - A tool from this site allows one to import Music Macro Language files to Romancing SaGa 3. As you may now, RS3 music files can also be imported to Chrono Trigger, and utilities exist to convert MIDI to MML. This may allow us to take original MIDIs and ultimately put the music into Chrono Trigger, but research and demonstrations are needed. If you would like to try, consult Vehek's tutorial here.
  • Understand CT battle debug features - At this thread, JLUkas posted debug flags for Chrono Trigger's battle system. Help decipher the unknowns.
  • Explore Chrono Cross - FaustWolf is spearheading a huge exploration into Chrono Cross's file structure. You can help by tracking down what's kept where, decoding model formats, how room graphics are handled, etc. it's really wide open! Check in at this thread to get started.
  • (For ZeaLitY) - Create a section for fan sprites so that people aren't spriting ten different versions of Schala.

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2016, 03:35:34 am »
  • Understand CT battle debug features - At this thread, JLUkas posted debug flags for Chrono Trigger's battle system. Help decipher the unknowns.

I moved the notes I have over to the linked thread.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2018, 11:31:10 pm »
Hey all,

Talking about the failed Chrono Cross: Darkness Beyond Time and Angellus Errare: Heroes Unsung projects got me reminiscent. I am pretty sure the boards for those projects were flat out purged and deleted after the 2009 Cease and Desist, but I thought I'd ask...

Do they still exist somewhere in Kajar Labs are just hidden? Or were they really, truly deleted?

Not sure if a mod or admin can confirm. I've never been a mod with full forum access, so I have no idea.

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2018, 08:21:04 am »
They are both still there, Boo. Just locked behind an ancient blue pyramid. :wink:

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2018, 08:58:10 am »
They are both still there, Boo. Just locked behind an ancient blue pyramid.

With Kajar Labs having been reopened, is it possible to unlock them? Or regrant my access too see them?

I'm feeling nostalgic. As I tend to be this time of year.

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2018, 09:12:32 am »
Seeing as there's personal information in some of those (passwords to old accounts, etc.), I'm not sure I should unlock them just yet. At least not till I can figure out how to lock/unlock individual threads. I'll give you access to them though, as you were part of that group.

Really, at this point, you should probably be a moderator anyway  :lol:

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • I didn’t “pick up” anything! It’s common sense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2018, 10:40:10 pm »
Seeing as there's personal information in some of those (passwords to old accounts, etc.), I'm not sure I should unlock them just yet. At least not till I can figure out how to lock/unlock individual threads. I'll give you access to them though, as you were part of that group.

Really, at this point, you should probably be a moderator anyway  :lol:

I second Boo as mod!!