Author Topic: New Project for Shee  (Read 3990 times)

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
New Project for Shee
« on: December 18, 2008, 12:01:20 am »
Okay all, it appears as if I'm ready to lay down the framework for my comedy hack for a friend.  I'm  actually not too worried about changing enemy names, as this is *NOT* very battle heavy.  The main concern here at the beginning is getting to the locations I want to use.  Right now I am trying to have it where you get Crono's cat to meow and then you get warped somewhere.  I can't seem to figure it out....

*Does anyone know how to make this happen?  I've tried the ChangeLocation command, but I don't know if I'm setting up incorrectly or not activating it right...i can really do anything until I figure this out.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 12:18:30 am by Shee »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: New Project for Shee
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 12:31:20 am »
probably the number one annoyince. 

You have to set the variant for change location to ....um ......D0 i believe.

--JP

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 12:57:51 am »
Cool, thanks!  I'm trying to find D0, and actually it's not one of the the available variants.  Maybe because I moved to command to Crono's Arbitray from the cat's activate where it once was...

EDIT:  Turns out it was E0....ONWARD!!!

Thanks again!!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 01:01:30 am by Shee »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 01:12:46 am »
ah.... i'm disappointed in my memory haha i've probably done that 1000 times....but who cares it works now!!!

(battle victory fanfare plays)

--JP

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 02:38:27 am »
Indeed!  Hitting some stumbling blocks for Crono's reactions for the first scene here big time.  Need to get those down, and then make Robo appear, and take it from there...

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 03:24:34 am »
UPDATES

Got Crono's animations to work, now having MASSIVE trouble getting Robo to appear.  I'm trying to get him to appear doing his spinny thingy (animation 24 I believe) when Dalton throws a star in his direction.  I'm not sure how to go about it.  Right now I'm having the star call for a function...Robo is object4 so I chose that...should I choose PC instead?  Anyway I tried with both Arbitrary and Activate and neither worked som SOMETHING is wrong here.  i believe Robo's function is under Startup/Idle is coords, sprite loading, hide, return.  I moved the controllable infinite and added a party manip Robo in part thingy in the Activate/Arbitrary commands I tried.  Sorry I don't the exact info right here....I don't feel like looking at it right now.  Can anyone help or have some ideas?  Thanks!!

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 03:37:10 am »
Make sure the LoadSprite is "Always" and not just "In party".  Otherwise that object isn't even loaded in memory.

--JP

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 03:43:21 am »
Make sure the LoadSprite is "Always" and not just "In party".  Otherwise that object isn't even loaded in memory.

--JP

VERY NICE  THANK YOU so much!  Now I just have to figure out all this drawing and hiding order.  THEN ONWARD!!!

UPDATE
OHHHH BOY now when Robo show up he AND Crono turn into a blueish fugly Robo doing the spinaroonie.  Baby steps....... :x
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 03:55:11 am by Shee »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 04:49:13 am »
haha,

If you are going to have Robo be there all the time you treat it a little differently than you do for PC's who only load when you are in party.  you need to make sure you have LoadSprite(always), a set object coordinate a return and an end in the Startup/Idle.

--JP

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2008, 02:20:11 am »
Hey all!  Update for you to view!  It's the first scene and the beginning of the second.  And yes, it contains a massive reefer joke.  Fair warning.  I changed names back to originals but left mine in one textbox.  Oh well, I'm too lazy to change it right now.  I know I need to fix some text alignment.  Please name Crono.... Crono because I didn't use the {Name} command in textboxes.  It's over (for now) when the joke has subsided and the music changes again.  Last line is "what were you saying?"

Talk to your cat at the very beginning and you'll be warped to Gato's Exhibit, or you can walk there but I have nothing programmed for Marle sooooo watch out.  Dalton will start things there.  When he shifts the scene...go up and talk to him to get things going again.  Again, ALL feedback appreciated, except for OMG I LUV 2 SMOKE or EWWWW SMOKING'S GROSS, etc...

But good or bad let me have it!

Again, from what I've seen only work with UNheadered ROM.

[attachment deleted by admin]

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2008, 10:04:36 pm »
I liked it a lot, good job! the animations were spot on and I just really liked it it made me laugh! lol I think your getting the hang of it

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2008, 10:23:20 pm »
Cool man thanks!  it's early yet, but more will come!  As far as making patches, I use Lunar IPS jont.  Then I go to create patch and get an unheadered CT ROM jam, then the modified one I been using in TF, then THAT patch I use on the Unheadered Rom.  booyah!

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2008, 01:06:37 am »
Oooh! I see! Thanks! Can't wait to see how the progress goes!

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2008, 01:30:41 am »
Hey all...developing the "plot" for this thing.  It's going to be difficult for me to advance too too much further without some expanded knowledge.  As of now, the extent of my power lies with scene creation.  Since this is for a friend who's never played the game, with the intention of: A)making him laugh, and B)getting him to play the game, it's not battle heavy at all.  Like hardly any.  To quote him, "they released your crazy Chrono Trigger game on the DS.  Looks pretty cool, actually"

So this thing isn't going be battle heavy (except for when he battles Magus and later Dalton when he least expects it!  MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA), but there will be a few.  How can one go about editing starting levels and techs?  Is this a HEX issue or some other script command type thing?  Oi, thanks to all!!!

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2008, 05:52:07 am »
Hey all!  MAJOR MASSIVE UPDATE, but I'm encountering a problem.  The second scene is comepletly finished, minus a few extra animations and some typos I'm too lazy to fix right because I just saw them while testing the patch.  When the next scene begins, Robo is in the active party, but if you go to the menu screen and return he's gone!  But still in the active party...weird.  If you leave and come back he is always on screen...so I'm missing a command somwhere.  Anyway, this is much further along now, and while it contains some inside jokes (my friends and I called ourselves the B Team, and what we say in the ROM were what "we brought to the table" so to speak...bird's eye view was a joke from poolhalls) it getting further into it all.  My previous questions still remain, but this Robo issue is more pressing.

As a note, if you get to the thrid scene and make Robo vanish by going to the menu, Dalton will not begin dialogue and you will be forever stuck.  But other than the Robo/menu deal, everything has been working fine.  Use and UNheadered ROM, and talk to your cat and then Dalton whenver you see him to get things rolling.  Ends after Dalton disappears, for now of course.

As always ALL feddback both positive and negative welcomed...just don't be a meanie!

[attachment deleted by admin]