Author Topic: New Project for Shee  (Read 3461 times)

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
Re: New Project for Shee
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2009, 11:29:44 pm »
Yo!  Since I've been feelin' better and had some downtime, I've updated.  From my previous post:

In the "fight" between Crono and Dalton, the two textboxes are "quit fightinb back you're making it worse" and "???"  They need to be closed fast.  my bad

This has been fixed.  Woot.  Also, ONE of the decision's aftermaths is ALMOST finished.  The other still needs to be worked on.  I'm actually not 100% positive how I want it to work out now (just the one decision), but we'll see, I gotta finish the other one first.  Regardless the "final battle" so to speak for each decision will be coming up after these are done and then ending sequences.  Then after polishing it will be finished.

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2009, 08:07:05 am »
Update time!  I am tempted to put another patch up, but being so close the end, it seems silly.  I am very happy with my progress here; I've done some minor dialogue tweaking to have things....*clears throat and mumbles* make more sense "plotwise." 
While my skills are still rudimentary and this programming or event organizing or however you wanna put it is pretty sloppily done (like chili dog sloppy not burrito sloppy) but for Pedro's sake it's starting to look good AND I finsihed one of the decision path aftermath jams! :D

Well, sorta.  The battle is, well, unwinnable at this point.  However, I thought of a few ideas and would like some feedback, if possible. 

1.  Throw more Jinn enemies in there throughout the bridge and hallway (the two places where battles occur).  They don't attack without Barghest and would give decent exp, especially at level 5 or 2 or some crap like that.  Just takes a while to connect enough to kill them.  Thank gaaawd for Robo starting at level 10 at least.

2.  Check out the treasure chest insertion bit in the how to thread.  I think I saw it there.  Regardless, I can find it again with ease.  But throw some goodies in there.  Pretty much annnnnnything other than the friggin Wood Sword.  I think options no. 1 and 2 can be combined.  But no. 2 also leads me to:

3.  Can I put ANY item in a chest?  Masamune/Hero Medal, really...  Also, and I apologize now if this is a miserable question but, can I put exp or tech pts in a chest? 

4.  Editing starting equipment/stats.  Still haven't heard anything about this.  I forgot the program about editing enemy data and the like, I think it was Chrono Tweaker?  Whatever it was, I tried running it once and well, didn't work.  I gotta check it all out again.  But would these aforementioned topics in option 4 be applicable in that program?

My face hurts.  And you can't see it so you can't joke about how it's killing you, aiiiite!?!?!? 8)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2009, 04:03:31 pm »
1) you can use the enemy AI editor to make them attack if you want (up to you)
2) If you are doing just regular old chests than you can use TF to insert it MUCH easier, just click [treasure] on the location editor.  You'll have to put the treasure chest tile in the correct spot but the game engine is smart enough to automatically put an open chest tile after you open it.  If you are doing a complicated chest for example one that is in the past and it need to affect the one in the future than you'll have to do it via events like in the how to thread.
3) You can put any item or gil super easy via TF.  For exp and tech points you'll have to do complicated event  stuff probably not worth it....
4) you can try CTEC.....it has causes some horrendous bugs for me in the past :( This is actually a really good idea for simple TF plug in.

--JP

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2009, 06:15:02 am »
Cool thanks...got a loading screen working correctly and in the process of fixing all the {name} commands, so you won't have to be just Crono!  Got the treasure to work correctly...almost.  Sorry if this sounds dumb but, the actual chests don't show up.  I hear the sound of the chest opening and the items work correctly and it's solid but the chests dont show up.  The only one in NPC's I saw was a sealed chest...

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2009, 10:06:13 pm »
you don't load an NPC, almost every tileset has a "chest" tile in the lower right corner I believe.  put it on the top layer and the game engine will do the rest.

--JP

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2009, 04:52:55 am »
Sooooo....yeah.  This has taken longer than expected.  But I am honing my skills.  i have ALSO started to give though to what project I would like to begin...something straight up Chrono related, not just some parody stuff involving inside jokes with myself and friends and also some nods to Prophet's Guile (which brought me to this crazy place in the first....um...place) which is what this is turning into and can only be described in this run on sentence.

Regardless, I haven't updated in a bit, but things are going...well enough.  There is an opening screen, but the text corruptiopn stuff happened, so there's no words there right now.  Got one bit "evented" as I say to myself all the way to final boss per se, and just haven't beat it yet.  I found that where it's located I can leave, and come back, and fight the enemies over and over with the aid of the fast forward jam but that's not really what I want.  I'll sort it out somehow.  Right now I'm just doing the Fast Forward Grinding so I can program post-boss stuff and ending sequence for that choice.

THEN I have the other choice to do, but I already know what I want for the msot part, and the Boss Battle, which will be me (Dalton), wioll be easier in the sense that Iron Orb can't kill you.  So just heal up before he goes down, see?  Not the most tactful approach perhaps but it will serve its purpose.  Then  Post boss, ending sequence, fine tune some things across the board, and it's done!!

THEN I want to do the aforementioned Chrono related to the T type deal.  This Frog to Glenn type stuff sounds neato, I've thought about doing some eventing with Frog solo.  I've also thought about Dalton's story(shocker I know), Robo solo, and Belthasar and his Nu.

But I won't even begin to start until I finish this goofiness first.  It's coming along nicely, I'm damn proud of it.

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2009, 11:48:07 pm »
Theres always room for Goofiness! Cant wait to see what you have in store!

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2009, 06:51:01 pm »
OH SNAP!  UPDATES!

Sort of...did SOME work the other night...got one half finished all the way to the boss, have the boss BEATEN, and just need to do the post battle stuff there.  Word.  And inthe other half, I finally left that location and took it to the next, which means one and a half scenes left (the half being pre-boss-battle) and then post boss stuff there.  THEN I go into the "post production" phase of it all and then we all move on to something for aswesome!!!

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2009, 12:24:44 am »
Yay for unforseen issues!!!  Could be really simple actually...

The first, I put in a command for Robo and Marle to elave the party at the end of one scene and when the next begins they are not...but they still are in the menu screen.  Any ideas?

Second, what is the deal with this text scrambling bug?  It's happened af ew times to em ina couple differnt locations.  My best guess is that I deleted something I shouldn't have but i'm not too sure...

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2009, 12:49:52 am »
So the party menu issue is resolved.  There are no other text issues in the scene, so the 2 scrambled jams saty.  The new issue is getting a sprite loaded.  never ahd it happen like this before where it simply won't Draw, so I'll have to take a closer look at things.

BUT keep your ear to the streets because after I figure that out I'm coming back here to put up a new patch, that I think will be pretty nice.

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2009, 10:32:54 pm »
BOOM BABY

I have a patch update!  Yaaaaaaay!  Here are the issues.  Everything ran smooth except for the end of scene on aeroplane's wing.  During a VERY crucial moment, Crono's sprite became merged with Dalton's and there were two Daltons for the last 30 seconds or minute of the thing.  That half ends with a blackout leaving you to wonder "what is going to happen!".  You'll have to tune in for the final release!  The other half (where you don't go to the wing of the plane) ends after a boss fight (VERY obvious) and NOTHING happens after it.  Yet.

So, the issues:
-Lots of text re-written to...you know...make SOME sense.  Yaaaay plot!
-Damn star/flames won't load on aforementioned wing scene.
-MOST {Name} issues resovled.  'Bout 70% of the text got it now, I think 100% of Crono's.
-With this, scrambling text resolved.
-Looking at double or triple techs in the menu screen is still BAD I think.
-DON'T leave the screen by wandering out...someone or something will take you to the next place.
-Fight the enemies in the order that you come across them.  Please.
-I am aware that some chests are in the way and getting stomped on during one scene ona  bridge.  I'll fix that later I swear.  They can be opened just fine before or after the big scene there.
-The Blue Poyzo Doll turns to numbers after teh Ruminator fight.  Just open the menu, close it, and then it will be pretty again.

ANY feedback, good or bad, would be awesome!  Thanks!

UNheadered ROM all the way!!

AND there's a small bit with music that SUCKS!  I was toying around and forgot to change it back.  So deal with festival music for 15 seconds....my bad.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 10:48:40 pm by Shee »

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2009, 07:29:33 pm »
The whole 2 Daltons thing was solved easily.  Damn you, Return command!  I've actually started the two (that's right, both!) ending sequences!  Whooooooo!  I'm so happy that this is almost done!  There's no WAY my friend won't want to play the real game after this!  Not to mention I can move on to things more...actually anything would be more true to the real story.  Let's see...the real things from Chrono trigger in this...
Magus is crazy and shouldn't be screwed with
Magus and Dalton don't like each other
Magus hemmed up Dalton's eye -Prophet's Guile
The Mammon Machine
Ocean Palace
The Blackbird

The fact that I can make a list sums it up I think.  And I never thought this would end up as long or detailed as it is, even though it's pretty short and could use more details  8)

So, with the end in sight here in the next couple weeks, thought I'd post some screens for 98% of you out there who haven't seen any of this nonsense.  Which is fine, I don't blame you for holding out to see my powers on something story-related. :lol:

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2009, 08:41:53 pm »
Sorry I haven't had a chance to take a look at this yet Shee, but I'm highly interested in your event coding prowess. Even with CE fully coded, there are other projects keeping an eye out for talent such as yours.  :kamina

Keep us posted and I'll let you in on something when you feel you've finished with the present mini-project.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 08:44:12 pm by FaustWolf »

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2009, 08:59:26 pm »
I burst out laughing for some reason with the kitten picture.  It seems so serious on a mountain cliff over a CAT.  Just gets me.

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2009, 01:36:36 am »
Cool cool cool!  Chugging along here...I'm actually trying to get this finished before CE is released.  When that happens I'm this place will be buzzing and I don't want to be a spec on the side screaming "Check this out too!  It's neato I swear!"  It's not even totally canon etc etc etc BUT some feedback is always good.

Of course, it has dawned on me that I'm not sure how to end these (as there are two endings), but I don't expect them to be that long.

Then, like I said before, I will move on to the next project, which will be more grand.