Author Topic: New Project for Shee  (Read 4272 times)

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
Re: New Project for Shee
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2009, 08:58:59 pm »
Okay...back at my Comp with all the data I need and what not...my previous questions still exist so any help would be massive!!!!  I'll continue tinkering to see if I figger this out.  The last download available in the first page is still the most current, with the exception of spelling errors that have been fixed.

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2009, 12:58:15 am »
Nothing new from earlier stuff, but noew new issues.  I threw in a Green Imp for a battle with Crono and Robo.  After the battle, I can't move anymore.  I've tried tinkering with ExploreMode and whatnot, but no success yet. 

By the way, sorry about all the multiple posts here...I'm not trying to blow this thing up or anything, I literally heard of this entire site and everything associated with it from Phophet's Guile to Crimson Echoes to Schala Projects to everything else about a month and a half ago.  Point is, I'm still wading around in Temporal Flux and woefully ignorant literally everywhere else.  This short (and I do mean SHORT) comedy thing for my friend and its helping me get the hang of scene creation.  I'm sprinkling in some other elements here and there and having some problems...but what I'm getting at is once this is finished, I want to help here in something...I guess I feel like I came late to the party.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2009, 08:20:43 am »
Don't worry too much about double/triple/quadruple posts. If you feel weird about it but want to keep your help request visible, you can always copy what's currently in your latest post, delete that post, and then post what you copied plus new developments.

I wish I could help you here Shee, but I'm woefully inexperienced with Temporal Flux myself other than using its tile creation capabilities. On the bright side, whenever you fully get the hang of TF, I'd totally recruit you for something major that's secretly cookin'.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2009, 09:03:06 am »
As a note, if you get to the thrid scene and make Robo vanish by going to the menu, Dalton will not begin dialogue and you will be forever stuck.  But other than the Robo/menu deal, everything has been working fine.  Use and UNheadered ROM, and talk to your cat and then Dalton whenver you see him to get things rolling.  Ends after Dalton disappears, for now of course.

It has to do with the command PartyManip(Robo,AddParty). If you put it in Object00 above the Return command, Robo will appear correctly.

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2009, 10:32:06 pm »
Awesome!  Thanks for the help!  I'm messing around with the commands...should all of Robo's commands be in Object 00 or just the party manip?  Regardless, workin on it, then post battle movement, then the third scene can be finished!

Many thanks of thanks again! :D

EDIT AS OF 7PM STANDARD PACIFIC TIME
Struggling mightily here....still no movement after battle and still having problems with Robo loading
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 10:59:44 pm by Shee »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2009, 02:39:22 am »
Many freezing after battle bugs in my experience have been from trying to run code for a battle within the enemy you just defeated.  After a battle with enemies the objects of those enemies are basically destroyed so if you have something like

Enemy Object
Activate
       Battle
       Text(Hello world")

it won't work IIRC.  You can do tricks like making the enemy static and stuff but it's probably easier to just put all the battles in a "battle object" (just reserve one of the objects for cutscenes/battles).  you may want to check Kajar labs for my "how to" thread i'm sure it has plenty of useful tips like this.

--JP

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2009, 07:11:15 am »
Thanks for all the help everyone.  Here's where it stands.  Robo loads, Dalton says a line then disapears.  Robo then joins active party but cannot move.  If I access the menu and return he is still there, which is nice.  If i leave screen and go anywhere he's there with me acting normally, but dosen't move when he first joins.  I deleted the Imp entirely until I can get this figured out.

Robo's commands are exactly as follows:
Startup/Idle:
Load PC Robo (always)
Set Obj Coords
Set Facing
Return
End

Activate:
Return

Arbitrary 0 - (called upon right before Dalton is removed, as is party manip add robo)
ObjFollow(PC00, Once)
Animation, normal 00,00
Load PC Robo (in Party)
NPC Move Props Arnd Wall, Arnd PC
Destination On tile, on object
return
controllable infinite

Any help would be amazing.

EDIT JUST A FEW MINTUES LATER!!!

Okay so I took all that crap out and put the part manip at the end of the scene before.  worked perfectly.  I feel like and idiot.  alas, on to battles...
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 07:22:03 am by Shee »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2009, 12:44:35 pm »
Nice work, Shee! Keep it up!

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2009, 05:20:52 pm »
Okay, battles are ok I guess.  First is just a green imp, second is 2 gnashers.  Well, suppossed to be two at once but they're going one at a time.  And after that second battle Robo doesn't follow correctly.  Most irritating.

Still, it's nice to have something new to report instead of "ARRGGGGHH GAWD DAMMIT ROBO...LOAD!  PLEEEASE!!!"  The next patch update should be bigger, with this forsaken bridge scene finished, the next scene finished (introduces new char.), and the next one started.  That last one will be similar to the bridge, some story, a small string of battles, then I hit ya with the zingers!  Alas, just gotta get these battles done correctly.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2009, 06:19:07 pm »
Make sure the enemy prm is different for your imps (and above 3, 0,1,2 are reserved for the 3 PC's).

For battles (again you can check the how to thread for this) I like to have

exploremodeoff
MoveParty
Battle
PartyFollow
Exploremodeon
return

--JP

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2009, 08:04:36 pm »
Make sure the enemy prm is different for your imps (and above 3, 0,1,2 are reserved for the 3 PC's).

This is what confuses me.  I checked out the how to thread and dug it.  The battle commands are the same as mine, only I forgot the PartyFollow command, which fixes the post battle wandering by Robo.  But I take it what you said there is what will cure the separate battle thingy going on.  Aiiiiiiiiiiiiite

Thanks again for all the help!

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2009, 03:30:38 am »
NEW UPDATE   :o  :o  :o  :o

New patch here!!  PLEASE check it out and let me know what you think.  Quite frankly, this is at the point where I've worked VERY hard on this and some feedback would go a long way.  The battles on the bridge are still individual.

Gotta use an UN headered ROM
Start the game as normal, name lucca, talk to your cat to go to Dalton
Walk up to Dalton as each scene changes, DON'T LEAVE THE MAPS!!!
When you get to the bridge, kill the green imp, then the 2 gnashers.  They're individual, but fine.  Then walk into the blue doll to continue.
The names are normal right now, but they are really supposed to be myself (Dalton) and my friends.  Marle is supposed to be Laura Vanderwhatever from Smallville - my buddy's celeb crush.

You may not know all the little inside jokes, but you can let me know if you like the layout, "plot", etc etc etc.

:D

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 04:00:20 am by Shee »

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2009, 11:32:54 pm »
PLEASE!! CONTAIN YOURSELF!!!

Really though, I'm close to being done with the storyline, then just some polishing.  I have 3 small scenes done after the patch ends, and one more almost finished.  Then the very next scene is where it all unravels, the big choice is made, then the ending sequences.  Should be entertaining for anyone.  Check out the old patch, let me know what ya think!

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2009, 02:43:21 am »
I liked it, i didnt understand all the inside jokes but it made me laugh, and your getting very good at the hacking, all the little scenes and animations are awesome, good job! :mrgreen:

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2009, 04:31:24 pm »
Well, I feel like poo so I'm gonna post a new update as I won't be able to finish this until next week.  So, this damnnear teh entire thing.  It goes all the way to the end where you make your choice, I just haven't programmed the choices yet, so all they do is change music with maybe one line or so.  Other than that, this is all my fever heated brain can think of that's left right now:

The choices, as stated above,
making battle not individual,
changing names - which I think I can do, if I just finds the prompt to bring up the naming screen that would take care of everyone except for Dalton (in battle)
ending sequences

Everything else is here.  the rule of thumb is DON'T leave a screen!!!  Someone or something will always take you to where you need to go next.  Towards the end, there is a "battle" between Dalton and Crono, and the textboxes gotta be closed kinda quickly, as the instant full break command was not working correctly for me.

I apologize for all the little things you gotta keep in mind while roaming through this, it's my first attempt!  Hope you enjoy it!!!

Talk to your cat after naming Lucca to get things going.

Known bugs/issues:
Use an UN headered ROM
If there are no sprties, QUIT the emulator alltogether then load again.  I literally have never had the problem twice.
on the bridge scene with Magus, Marle should be laying down when Robo says we have a problem
In the "fight" between Crono and Dalton, the two textboxes are "quit fightinb back you're making it worse" and "???"  They need to be closed fast.  my bad.  Enjoy!

[attachment deleted by admin]