Author Topic: My First Rom Hack Work  (Read 698 times)

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
My First Rom Hack Work
« on: December 17, 2008, 10:33:59 pm »
Hey all!  So this is a short scene with Dalton that ends in battle.  I hope you enjoy it!!!  All feedback, good and bad, is greatly appreciated.  Special thanks go to FaustWolf for helping me with patching issues.  All of the progress is documented in Kajar Labs.  Enjoy!!!

Start the game, get Marle, go to Lucca's house.  That's where Dalton is.  But you should have Marle due to my fledgling skills.

EDIT:  Only works with UNheadered ROM.  Sorry for not specifying.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 10:57:58 pm by Shee »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: My First Rom Hack Work
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 11:14:21 pm »
Damn, that is pretty darn good for a first-time Temporal Flux project! You show a lot of promise Shee, keep building your skills!

For future reference, you should only use "Submissions" if you want to submit a completed project, although I'm not as familiar with the nitty-gritty details of the submission rules as ZeaLitY. Zeal Battle made it in I think, and that was also just one battle IIRC.

Is this battle even winnable though? Ah, I guess it would be on a New Game+; my level 1 Crono and Marle just kept missing. 8)

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 11:31:12 pm »
Thanks!  Yea, it is I suppose.  I leveled Crono and Marle to 8 or 9, went in there with Lode Blade and Iron bow, whiffed a LOT, but thanks to a couple Ethers and Slash, plus a couple lucky Criticals...I won.

Of ocurse, I didn't even have enough HP even if it was full to survive the burp...and I just wanted to see if Explore Mode came back on.... :(

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 08:25:07 pm »
Nice job! You've done more than I've accomplished the only thing i've done properly is change a title screen lol. I hope you do more work, or make your own project that'd be neat :)