Author Topic: How to get the new Schala ending  (Read 2618 times)

Zipp Dementia

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
How to get the new Schala ending
« on: December 14, 2008, 07:23:49 am »
How do you get it?  I know it has something to do with the new dimensional vortex, but to be honest, I HATE the new dungeons, so I'm not really looking to mess around and figure it out on my own.

Do you just beat it once in each era?  What do you do?

Chocobo_Fan

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Is there no salvation in all the world?
    • View Profile
Re: How to get the new Schala ending
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 09:19:58 am »
Step 1: Beat Lavos. This will unlock the Dimensional Vortices in 1000 AD, 12000 BC, and 2300 AD.

Step 2: Beat the three Vortices. (You'll know when, there's a boss at the end of each... Although 1000 AD has two bosses)

Step 3: Go to the End of Time. Gaspar will say some interesting stuff, and you can now access Time's Eclipse, a.k.a. the Darkness Beyond Time, from the bucket that normally leads to the Day of Lavos.

Step 4: Go to Time's Eclipse, watch the scenes, and defeat the uber-powerful boss waiting there after picking up your jaw at what it looks like. O_O

After that, enjoy the ending! However, the boss is EXTREMELY powerful, I'd recommend being in the mid sixties at least with a party of Robo, Crono, and Janus. (Robo equipped with his new ultimate weapon, found in the 2300 AD Votex -- it's very well hidden, though, as are a lot of other nifty items. I'd recommend using the maps someone submitted here a while ago... Trust me, though, you barely stand a chance without the new weapon. Dragon's Tear helps too, if you've done the Lost Sanctum quests) Haste Helms, Nova Armor, and Golden Studs on all would be my recommendation for equipment, with a Dragon Tear for Robo (because trust me, you will need the critical hit % boost for his weapon...)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 09:27:39 am by Chocobo_Fan »

Zipp Dementia

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 02:02:49 pm »
Step 1: Beat Lavos. This will unlock the Dimensional Vortices in 1000 AD, 12000 BC, and 2300 AD.

Step 2: Beat the three Vortices. (You'll know when, there's a boss at the end of each... Although 1000 AD has two bosses)

Step 3: Go to the End of Time. Gaspar will say some interesting stuff, and you can now access Time's Eclipse, a.k.a. the Darkness Beyond Time, from the bucket that normally leads to the Day of Lavos.

Step 4: Go to Time's Eclipse, watch the scenes, and defeat the uber-powerful boss waiting there after picking up your jaw at what it looks like. O_O

After that, enjoy the ending! However, the boss is EXTREMELY powerful, I'd recommend being in the mid sixties at least with a party of Robo, Crono, and Janus. (Robo equipped with his new ultimate weapon, found in the 2300 AD Votex -- it's very well hidden, though, as are a lot of other nifty items. I'd recommend using the maps someone submitted here a while ago... Trust me, though, you barely stand a chance without the new weapon. Dragon's Tear helps too, if you've done the Lost Sanctum quests) Haste Helms, Nova Armor, and Golden Studs on all would be my recommendation for equipment, with a Dragon Tear for Robo (because trust me, you will need the critical hit % boost for his weapon...)

Oh I've seen the boss ^_^  That's what inspired me to want to go to the trouble in the first place!

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 02:51:15 pm »
I assume then that you got your ass kicked, since you didn't know that was how to get the Schala ending?

Zipp Dementia

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 04:21:22 pm »
I assume then that you got your ass kicked, since you didn't know that was how to get the Schala ending?

No I saw the boss on youtube.

I just beat the boss on my first try, level 57, on fastest battle speed with Active mode.

I used Chrono, Marle, and Robo.  I had Chrono equipped with wrath band, and let him and Robo attack while Marle cast haste on everyone and cured.  When neccesary, Robo used hi potions to supplement the curing.

When Lavos changed his strategy to Chaotic Zone, I used Robo and Marle for cure wind and frenzy with Crono.  Lavos went down faster then the Hindenburg.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 08:01:28 pm »
Yeah, I just used my usual Lavos team of Crono, Lucca & Robo and was fine...I was a little upset that I couldn't Area- or DoubleBomb because it was out of Robo's range, but what-the-hey it was only one target after all...No real special immunities that I recall...I don't think you need to do much special equipping...though I was over level 60 after having done all of the sidequests...

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2008, 03:23:11 am »
I was early 60's with Crono, Marle, and Lucca. I didn't find DD that strong really.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2008, 03:34:38 am »
Magic defense is really something to this game... La'vos dealt 1500+ damage to robo and 900+ damage to others during my first run.
I remeber the boss at the summit of Mt. Woe killed 2 of my team members quickly, but since Lucca had a higher magic defense, I still won the battle.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2008, 08:17:55 am »
That would be a Lavos Spawn, the third of the four that you fight in the game.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2008, 08:58:02 am »
Actually, I believe he's talking about Giga Gaia (you're thinking of Death Peak, Shadow)...I usually slap a Black & Red plate on whoever...usually have Lucca in my party all Taban'd up...I guess Ayla would be a good choice for the Black since she's got a lil more resistance to Fire...But really you just need an attack that can take out the hands good enough...

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2008, 09:01:20 am »
I used my party of Crono, Marle and Magus first off against DD, Marle got confused (I forgot my status-resistant armour), and she attacked everyone with the Venus Bow... so everyone got hit for a fixed 777. >_>

Used Crono, Marle and Ayla the second time and it was a breeze. I attacked normally for a while and used Frenzy and Dino Tail every now and then, and healed with Marle when I needed to. I started using Falcon Strike once it lowered its defense and stopped using MP Buster, and it was a piece of cake from there.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2008, 09:07:02 am »
Oh yeah, I forgot about MP Buster...I ended up using a few of those Hi-Ethers I bought from that Lost Sanctum Nu (or whoever had them)...New Game+ isn't stealing MY money! I invest in Items!!! :lol:

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2008, 09:28:36 am »
New Game+ isn't stealing MY money! I invest in Items!!! :lol:

Hah, so Crono's mother still gives him that 200G although he's already a millionaire?

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2008, 11:46:26 am »
(you're thinking of Death Peak, Shadow)

Oh, crap, really? My bad. :oops:

The Prophet

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2008, 07:51:13 pm »
How do you get it?  I know it has something to do with the new dimensional vortex, but to be honest, I HATE the new dungeons, so I'm not really looking to mess around and figure it out on my own.

Do you just beat it once in each era?  What do you do?

Beat all three Dimensional Vortexes.
Go to the End of Time and check the pot where you get teleported to The Day of Lavos.
You should get a new option.
You will meet with The Prophet/Magus,
Follow him and you end up fighting a red recolored Lavos called the Dream Devourer with Schala.
RESIST not defeat him you CAN'T beat him and you get the ending.
That's all.

People though that you could kill the Devourer but NO! He still lives on with Schala absorbing energy until CC where Serge and co. finally beat him.