Author Topic: Chrono Trigger mega fanfic: CT Chapter -34 - The Quest of Akira Cole - Chapter 1  (Read 542 times)

Shinrin

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Chrono Trigger Fan # 100
    • View Profile
    • Shinrin Cole
I'm starting a very very long fan fiction of Chrono Trigger. Ranging from the currently release of The quest of Akira Cole, to Chrono Trigger, Radical Dreamers (a different story), Chrono Cross and beyond.

The first story is a 20 chapter story that takes place 10 years before Chrono Trigger. It's about what happens to Crono's father. (We never got anything about it in game!) The Chrono Trigger part of the fanfiction will be beased on Chrono Trigger Rebith.

The Chapter numbering system.

The chapters for each story will have it's own chapters, but will have a global chapter as well.

For instance Chapter 1 of The Quest of Akira Cole will be called Chapter 1. But the Global Chapter will be Chrono Trigger Chapter -34.

Now you may wonder.. Why is it chapter -34 and not 1? Well, the story happens before Chrono Trigger and thus will have a negative number. Anything that happens Pre-Chrono Trigger will have a Negative number and will count down.

Chapters Released so far: 1

Current Chapter: The Disappearance of a Father.

Release Date: 12/13/2008

Next: The Ashtear Laboratories

Next Release Date 12/??/2008

Current Story: The Quest of Akira Cole.

Next: Chrono Trigger Introductions.

List of Stories in Chrono Trigger Saga in order of Release (incomplete):

The Quest of Akira Cole (Chapter -34 - -15)
Chrono Trigger Introductions. (Chapter -14 - -1)
Chrono Trigger Prelude (Chapter 0)
Chrono Trigger (Chapter 1 - Chapter ??) (Up til the end of the battle with Magus)
Chrono Trigger Prophet's Guile (Chapter ?? - ??)
Chrono Trigger (Chapter ?? - ??)
The Magical Kingdom of Zeal (Chapter -50 - -35)
Chrono Trigger (Chapter ?? - ??)
Radical Dreamers Introductions (Chapter ?? - ??)
Radical Dreamers (Chapter ?? - ??)
Chrono Cross Introductions (Chapter ?? - ??)
Chrono Cross (Chapter ?? - ??)
Tales of Fate Introductions (Chapter ?? - ??)
Tales of Fate (Chapter ?? - ??)
The History of Lavos (Chapter -55 - -51)
Tales of Fate (Chapter ?? - ??)
More to come!

Check the next post for the first chapter.. Also, the topic will always show the name of the current release!

Make sure to check this post for More information. I will Add it to the topic if I can.

Shinrin

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Chrono Trigger Fan # 100
    • View Profile
    • Shinrin Cole
Chrono Trigger - Chapter -34

The Quest of Akira Cole - Chapter 1

The Disappearance of a Father.

It was the year 990 A.D. It was a sad day for the Ashtear family, as a mishap with one of
Taban inventions took the ability to walk from his dear wife Lara. A man named Akira, his wife Gina,
and their son Crono went to vist the family for support. Both families are very close to each other.

"Taban, I'm.. sorry about this happening to your wife." Akira said.

"I.. I just wish I could go back in time to stop this crazy machine form going crazy on
Lara. If only I taught Lucca how to..." Taban said as he was crying.

"Is there anything we can do for you?" Akira asked him.

"Nothing... at least not right now. I just need to spend time with Lara and Lucca. They're
both upset over all of this." Taban said.

Gina fixes some food as Crono plays with Lucca to keep her mind off the matter.

"Crono...?" Lucca ask sadly.

"Yes, Lucca?" Crono replied.

"Do you think.. Do you think mom will be able to walk again?" Lucca asked him.

"I'm.. I don't know." Crono answer her.

"It's all my fault! It's my fault that she lost her ability to walk...!" She yells.

"Lucca..." he said quietly.

After awhile it was time for the Coles to leave back to their home. Akira made sure
everything was ok before leaving. They we're walking across the bridge from the Ashtear isle and
suddenly the ground begin to shake. Then suddenly a scream was heard, it was Crono. There appeared
to be a black gate around him.

"Crono!" Akira yelled at him.

Akira runs to Crono as the black gate closes around him. Crono is crying loudly and Gina
screaming.

"I must.. I must make it to him!" He thought to him self.

Akira just barely makes it and throws Crono back towards Gina.. But only to find him being
engulfed by the Black Gate.

"Gina! Crono!" Akira said as the Black gate closes.

"AKIRA!" Gina yells!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey! Hey you! Get your no good ass outta bed!" A unknown voice said.

Akira opened his eyes to find himself in a unfamiliar place. He saw a man over him.

"Huh...? Where...Where am I?" He asked.

"What do you mean, where am I? This is the city of Truce." The man awnsered.

"City of Truce? But.. It's only a small village." Akira said shocked.

Akira got up and looked outside the window to see a huge city around him. Cars pass by the
house he was in. Akira slowly walked back and shakes his head, then looked out the window again to
see the same thing.

"What the hell is going on here!? This.. isn't Truce Village! This... doesn't even look
right to me!" Akira yelled at the man.

"Calm down you bastard. I'll tell you a few things. Last night I was out walking in the city
near Ashtear Isle, suddenly a black gate opened up and out you came. So, I took you dragged your ass
here." The man said.

"Hmm... I see... But did you say Ashtear Isle?" He asked the man.

"Why yes... It's been in the Ashtear family for Over a 1000 years." The man replied.

"Wait.. over 1000 years? But the Isle was renamed when the Ashtear family bought it in 980.
I even helped built their house after they bought it." Akira said surprised.

"But the guy who built that house was named Akira, surely he'd be dead by now... It is the
year 1998." Said the man.

"I am he... So that black gate must have sent me to the future some 1008 years... May I ask
your name?" He asked.

"My name is Zack. Zack Berkly." He replied to Akira.

Zack reached out his hand towards Akira, and they shook hands. He then offered Akira some
breakfast and was accepted. It was a fine breakfast of Bacon, Eggs and Toast.

"So... I guess time traveling is real. If you're from where you say you are then it has to
be. I think we need to go to the Ashtear Laboratories and visit Richard Ashtear. He'd be surprised to
see someone that was friends with his family of old." Zack said.

"I guess so. It would be nice to see what's going on."

After breakfast they get ready to go out to visit the Astear Laboratories and set out.

To be continued.