Author Topic: Which boss did you have the most difficulty defeating?  (Read 4983 times)

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
Re: Which boss did you have the most difficulty defeating?
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2009, 11:55:07 pm »
None of CT, although the Golem Sisters fight was really annoying.

For CC, now that's different, first came the Hi-Ho Tank, then Garai, then Miguel, then Dario, then FATE, and finally the Time Devourer (Terra Tower version). But of the before-mentioned, Dario took first place.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2009, 12:02:13 am »
I've never had trouble defeating a boss in CT, save for Lavos' final form, which I have never beaten (therefore the game as well), but CC was a different story.

Miguel.

/thread

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2009, 12:56:13 am »
CT- The Son of Sun wasn't hard, but Really, really annoying. It took me like Half an Hour to beat it, just because of the whole chance thing. In CC I haven't fought any bosses.

Chromaticed

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Hee hee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2009, 01:23:19 am »
The hardest boss in Chrono Trigger would have to be what I call "Baby Lavos" (The final battle)
In Cross it would be different as there are many options to choose from. I would have to say Garai, Dario, and Miguel. In that order.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2009, 01:27:37 am »
CT- The Son of Sun wasn't hard, but Really, really annoying. It took me like Half an Hour to beat it, just because of the whole chance thing. In CC I haven't fought any bosses.
You can blackholed its minions.

Neku

• Iokan (+1)
  • ...do you think Leena thpontaneouthry combuthted?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2009, 10:18:58 pm »
Well, Trigger is a rather easy game... I only losed once, to the Golem Sisters. They're actually pretty annoying.

Cross is way different. Many bosses posed a threat, IMHO: Garai, Dario, Dark Serge, etc. But I think it's also due to CC's "level up" system: finishing an "important" boss battle like the aforementioned with one or two dead party members counted as a defeat to me, since the incapacitated guys did not receive any stat bonus, and I always loaded back the game and rebattled the boss. The one and only boss in CC which COMPLETELY destroyed me (i.e. all three party members dead) was Miguel and his stupid face that made him look like a moron =P

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2009, 11:16:14 pm »
I didn't have any trouble with Chrono Cross, really.  The only time I died was against Miguel...  many times.

As for Trigger, my first playthrough had me die many times.  The Guardian and Bits in 2300AD, The Mud Imp and two Beasts guarding Mt. Woe, and any of the Golems were all extremely problematic for me.

Zergplex

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • Zergplex ~ Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2009, 01:28:39 am »
For me it was the Time Devourer in Chrono Trigger. I brought the entirely wrong team into the battle (Magus, Lucca, and Marle) and had no luck with her magical absorbtion barrier. I ended up having Lucca attacking with the wondershot every round praying for a good hit and having Magus and Marle keep the team up. I would have attacked with Magus too, but the Time Devourer's counter attack couldn't make me justify it with what little damage he was doing.

That battle took me an hour and a half because I was too stubborn just to reset the game and switch my party around and reequip.

BFG

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2009, 01:39:43 am »
The first time I played CT, I only really had problems with three bosses:
Dragon Tank (hadn't adequately prepared)
guardian of the Sunken Desert (can't recall the name); Why did I insist on taking him on the second the SD was accessible?
Golem Sisters

Most of those were due to lack of practice.  Nowadays the only one I ever have trouble with is Spekkio's final form, though I usually still beat 'im.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2009, 11:35:47 pm »
Spekkio is a bitch to kill for me.

Am I the only one that didn't think the Golem Sisters weren't that tough?  I just kinda kept looping their element attacks so they couldn't even get a chance to whip out their stronger attacks...

Chrono Cross would have to be Miguel.  Ugh...So much rage and tears in that fight .

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2009, 11:53:14 pm »
Nothing in Chrono Trigger, but Chrono Cross was Miguel - hands down. He killed me too many times to count.

And I know people have a lot of trouble with Dario, but if you cast colored elemental spells on him (except for black/white) he will always counter with low level status elemental spells instead of his devastating attacks. It takes awhile to defeat him like this but it is the easiest way, and you can do it with a low level party too and get the Mastermune earlier in the game.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2009, 09:23:43 am »
Since my previous post in this thread, I have gotten CTDS, beat Nizbel 1 and several other bosses first try, and hit a roadblock at the Dream Devourer.

The following bosses I had trouble with:

• Magus (Fiendlord battle) - I simply kept going at him, and eventually brought him down.
  • Giga Gaia - Seriously, I had to level like crazy to beat him, and get Crono's Frenzy Tech.
  • Golem Sisters - I managed to take them down by deciding on an element to use in advance, hit them with it while equipped with a vest/plate aligned with that element and simply just wear them down with as big spells as I had.
  • Crimson Shade/Eggsterminator - Holy shit, this was annoying. All I ended up doing for the win was not worry about damaging the Shade and concentrate on taking out that annoying Eggsterminator.

That's just the ones I was eventually able to beat. Some of these guys (Crimson Shade is the only one I haven't fought yet in my NewGame+ run) fell quick thanks to Robo having the Apocalypse Arm and a Dragon's Tear.

Can you say...

FALCON...  PUNCH!!!

...at all?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 09:27:38 am by Shadow D. Darkman »

Nezz

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2009, 05:46:52 pm »
Heckran is the only one to ever give me any trouble. His health is huge, combined with his complete physical defense and the fact MP that early in the game gets eaten up faster then delicious pie, he becomes dangerous.

lockgar

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2009, 05:55:31 pm »
In CT, when I first played it in 95, Heckran, later when I replayed the game, I didn't have much problems.

In CC, any boss that had instead death attacks. I mean seriously, how fair is it that my guys at full health all died in one attack because of it  :x Other then that, pretty smooth sailing.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2009, 07:13:24 pm »
Heckran is the only one to ever give me any trouble. His health is huge, combined with his complete physical defense and the fact MP that early in the game gets eaten up faster then delicious pie, he becomes dangerous.

I didn't have that much trouble with him. Word of advice. Hit hard, hit fast. Replenish when necessary, and it's in the bag.