Author Topic: Which boss did you have the most difficulty defeating?  (Read 5047 times)

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
Re: Which boss did you have the most difficulty defeating?
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2008, 06:42:11 pm »
You know who I had a tough time with in CT? Nizbel, I relied pretty heavily on Ayla using a Berserker to beat him. Maybe it was Nizbel II...either way, I just had to melee on him like crazy. I hated that.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2008, 07:00:09 pm »
Meh the trick on him is to use lightning till his defense is completely gone, then strongest melee attacks (Falcon Strike ftw) and he goes down easy

I didn't really think any bosses were hard in CT save for Ocean Palace Lavos. Every boss has a trick and if you know it it's pretty easy. But Ocean Palace Lavos was just way overpowered, I liked that

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2008, 07:32:34 pm »
Yeah, I used Lightning on him like crazy, don't get me wrong, but maybe I was short on items or something, cause I usually don't resort to using berserkers, but whatever, it's all done.

I found CT to be a pretty easy game, overall; Lavos wasn't challenging and I never got stuck to the point where I had to start over or anything like that.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2008, 08:18:49 pm »
CT: Golem and Ocean Palace Lavos
CC: Serge, Kid & my other teammate. Was impossible to defeat.

Assuming that by "Golem" you mean the Golem that Dalton summons in Zeal Palace, I say this.

Zeal Palace Golem and Serge+Kid+??? were bosses you didn't have to beat to continue. You didn't have to lose, but winning had equal value in those fights.

As for O.P. Lavos, you actually had to lose to continue, whereas in the other two it didn't matter. If you defeated O.P. Lavos, it would continue until you either defeated Lavos Core or got pwned. If you won, you got the Developer's Ending. If you got pwned, you got the Day Of Lavos Ending.

I actually managed to get the Developer's Ending at the Ocean Palace. Personally I wonder what would've happened after the O.P. if you actually had managed to bring down Lavos instead of getting pwned like you were supposed to.

EDIT: I won't accept what I already said as an answer to that wondering, BTW. I had meant in the story.

This thread includes the optional fights as well...And, while you don't have to beat the Golem, I'm fairly sure that he gives EXP & TP...So I'd count him...I mean, if you don't count him you might as well not count Spekkio either...Leaving out Pink Nu Spekkio would be a shame from such a list if you ask me...

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2008, 09:43:12 pm »
Personally, I always pwn the Golem.

Belaith

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • I ain't never scared
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2008, 10:01:13 pm »
There are many of you stating that you've have problems with the Golems. The easiest method to defeating a Golem is using your strongest Light tech available. The Golem's light tech is weak; therefore, it's not a very difficult battle. Assuming you have Crono, Frog, and Ayla in your party, Ayla and Frog's Slurp kiss will do you some good while Crono dishes out some powerful light techs.

The only boss I have ever had difficulty with was the Golem Twins. That was my first time around playing Chrono Trigger.  After playing it atleast 27 times, I've found every boss quite easy to defeat.

Umaro

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2008, 10:39:36 pm »
CT: Ocean Palace Lavos. He's the only boss I've never been able to beat in a New Game.
CC: Beating the Time Devourer with the Chrono Cross.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2008, 12:44:23 am »
There are many of you stating that you've have problems with the Golems. The easiest method to defeating a Golem is using your strongest Light tech available. The Golem's light tech is weak; therefore, it's not a very difficult battle. Assuming you have Crono, Frog, and Ayla in your party, Ayla and Frog's Slurp kiss will do you some good while Crono dishes out some powerful light techs.

The only boss I have ever had difficulty with was the Golem Twins. That was my first time around playing Chrono Trigger.  After playing it atleast 27 times, I've found every boss quite easy to defeat.

That works for the Golem but for the Golem Sisters there's an even easier way. Let's say you have Chrono Lucca and Marle, then you just equip White Plate on Chrono and White Vest on Lucca or Marle. Then if you attack with Chrono's Light attacks only, only Marle or Lucca can even be hurt. I've come to think of this as a brilliant trick to easily defeat the Golem Sisters.

And yeah CT is easy. Even in CT DS in normal NG I got all new bosses killed on the first try. It's a little challenging but if you're prepared it's not difficult.

Belaith

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • I ain't never scared
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2008, 02:02:25 am »
I just ran through the place that you have to get the stone to light up. I annihilated those fuckin oversized, prehistoric bats. All I had to use was Luminaire and Dark Matter.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2008, 05:21:15 am »
During my first run, Lavos' 2nd form killed my team in one hit. I really have no troubles defeating its first form, so it's quite impressive. Dream Devourer, however, is not that as hard, because my teams members were all have high levels then.

About CC, I don't really enjoy the battles much. I think I play that game only because I'm interested by the story.
Miguel is my favourite boss, I tried several times to defeat him.. Another boss that I tried more than 2 times is Dark Serge. And I also lost to Dwarves(not that stupid tank, its fairly easy), Chronopolis Police, Time Devourer(when try to get the developer ending).

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2008, 05:33:13 pm »
I'm pretty sure most everyone is talking about their first playthroughs...In second plays no one is really much of a challenge...

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2008, 10:36:59 pm »
Best I can do is Nizbel 1 on my very last run in the SNES version. It was a regular New Game, so it should count as a first playthrough since I was used to doing NewGame+ runs.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2008, 08:14:07 pm »
Yeah, first playthrough, New Game & New Game+ can be 3 completely different things.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 10:12:17 pm by V_Translanka »

Alcyone

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • nyoro~n
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2009, 09:53:29 pm »
On my first CT play-through, I had trouble with pretty much every boss, but then again I was about 7 or 8 years old at the time. I don't really find any of them hard anymore, actually. Probably because I've played CT so many times. I've had trouble with many of the later bosses in CC though. It took me multiple tries to defeat the Hydra, Miguel, Chronopolis Police, and a bunch of others I don't remember. I really should get around to finishing that game someday. >_<;;

Fireseal

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2009, 11:31:04 pm »
Spekkio was my most difficult boss back when I played CT as a 8 year old. CC for me was Miguel. Grrr that's almost too shameful to say that. :(