Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 4096 times)

justin3009

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Introduction
« on: December 10, 2008, 12:09:12 am »
http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=gWTXhloe7Ws - This people is the introduction to Chrono Trigger: Ultima (Short for Ultimate Edition).

Edit: Faustwolf is my Dream Devourer hero D:!

As stated, this project will incorporate playable Schala once the 8th character is playable.

Here's a list of features that we want into this.

1) VWF Font - (We must get it to work in battle monster names so then we can fit any monster name, other then that, it's done)
2) 6th Letter - Already In
3) Schala - 8th Playable Character - Needs to be finished first
4) CT:DS Events - These are in the works.  There are some troubles right now but it'll be fixed up later.
         ~Unused Lines - Thanks to Vehek, we have a few unused lines being used in this to give the "Shade" areas                              more...emotion per say.
5) Possible 14th Ending  - Maybe where you DO save Schala?
6) Possible Re-Retranslation - Possible use of the DS script.  I don't think we will though.

There's probably going to be more, but I can't think of any right now.  Feel free to add-on or comment everyone!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 12:15:22 am by justin3009 »

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 12:18:14 am »
Justin, are you going to submerge this topic and subforum so you don't get a C&D? If you are, sign me up─I'd be willing to help out.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 12:49:50 am »
Project forum should be submerged. You can see it because you're on the CC:DBT Dream Team, BROJ. This should be viewable only by justin, CC:DBT dream team, CT+ team, and CE dream team, as well as creative emeriti.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 01:26:59 am »
Be careful. If this gets a C&D based on what's viewed at an address named www.chronocompendium.com, the entire site goes down with it.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 01:39:51 am »
Would you recommend limiting viewership to a specific project group then, just like the other fan projects? Maybe three project groups' worth is too many.

So far it will be the admins, justin3009 and BROJ since he specifically stated his intention to follow the project. It's true that justin could randomly ask for any needed help in Kajar Labs just as he's been doing.

If I move the thread justin already started in Kajar Labs into this forum, regular users who posted in that thread can't access this hidden forum through some kind of loophole or anything, can they?

EDIT:
Okay, this should be shut pretty tightly -- only ZeaLitY, Ramsus, Radical_Dreamer, and myself, plus BROJ and justin3009 should be able to see it. Sorry justin, but the fact that some jerkoff was waiting in the wings to take a screencap of WRONG.PNG's birdie last week really gives me the creeps. We'll have to ask for help innocently in Kajar Labs if we need it. Per jsondag's and ZeaLitY's observations, this could get the Compendium in hot water if a screencap of the proceedings are leaked or something.

I've locked the topic justin created in Kajar Labs and basically trashed it.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 02:17:19 am by FaustWolf »

justin3009

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 09:08:48 am »
Good idea, thanks Faust.

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 09:07:43 pm »
Justin, is there anything specific that I can do, or learn to do, that you need done?

justin3009

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 10:21:30 pm »
Not that I can think of in all honesty.  All I can see is maps need to be done and what-not.  That's really the only thing needed right now...Well, that I can think of.

justin3009

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2008, 08:21:03 pm »
Hmm..Maybe if we have room in the rom, we could import some Anime-esque images of the characters and some very importat scene images as well to give it more of an emphasis on what's going on.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2008, 08:24:24 pm »
Certainly been done -- but we'd need to give up a tileset for every new image, because they're essentially going to be rooms.

justin3009

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2008, 08:32:33 pm »
Yea.  I figured that.  I'm thinking that we could probably fit 2 onto each tileset, maybe 3 if we're lucky.  By doing so, we could throw 3 per map, which indeed would make things easier.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2008, 08:45:20 pm »
Depends how hard you want to make it on yourselves, too. Judging from FW's Magus scene insertion into PG, it can get excruciating when you try to take advantage of all the possible palettes.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2008, 08:54:24 pm »
Haha, yeah, palette reduction by shifts is pretty taxing. I've devised some methods that make it a bit less painful, and I'll share those in the background insertion tutorial I'm working on (hope to have both background and sprite insertion tuts complete by Christmas).

ZeaLitY reminds me of a sobering fact justin -- if we're going to try to fit three pics in one room, we'll essentially have just two to three palette shifts to work with for each, limiting us to 28 ~ 42 colors per image.

justin3009

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2008, 08:20:01 am »
Okay, applying VWF bit by bit.  I left the enemy names the same for right now.  All weapons are now labeled and working.  It's not conflicting with anything that I can see.  So hopefully, we'll be fine.