Author Topic: Best Party?  (Read 35205 times)

The Entity

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Re: Best Party?
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2008, 03:23:13 am »
I always have Crono and Marle in my party, except for a certain period when Crono is *ahem* not in the party. I usually rotate the third person regularly so everyone else gets enough experience and TP (until they learn everything, that is).

Nezz

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2008, 10:44:47 pm »
Well, Robo definitely needs a spot. Heal Beam is essentially the best healing move in the game, healing at about 10 health per magic point, so you should be healing your entire party for almost half their health by that point. Then Uzi Punch is just destruction, using Crisis Arm it deals somewhere around 5600 damage, eclipsing just about every other solo attack in the game in sheer damage. Shock, if I'm not mistaken, has the second highest magic multiplier, right behind Luminare, and though hampered by Robo's less then stellar magic stat, still does more magic damage then Flare. Lastly, once you get Armageddon Arm, use it with Dragon's Tear to crank out some serious damage. Just make sure you gave him some Speed Capsules, and a few Magic Capsules.

Crono of course makes it in, Luminare being the most powerful spell in the game and Frenzy doing some more then ample damage. That and he's the main the character, you couldn't go without him, could you?

Lastly, Ayla. Before I would have said Magus, but now, with Angel's Tiara and Regal Dress (both of which are found in DV) she finally manages to beat the glass ceiling created by Haste Helm. Her Triple Kick does some pretty insane damage, Valor Crest adds a little bit of damage output, and Charm still holds its usefulness. Plus, Beast Toss with Crisis Arm Robo does some of the highest damage in the game. Of course, if you get her to level 99, then she more or less becomes another Armageddon Arm Robo, with no Capsules required!

If you really feel like it, bring along Magus instead of Ayla, I did. While Dark Matter is pretty bad, his Magic stat will keep him above even Crono for a while, and his new weapon actualy makes him pretty decent physically. Also, no capsules. Plus, he looks damn cool.

Chocobo_Fan

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Is there no salvation in all the world?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2008, 05:47:13 pm »
Indeed. My prefered party is (end-game) Crono, Robo, and Janus. (That guy's Magic stat is simply godly... O_O He had 60 or so when I first got him, while everyone else had 40-50 or so. Therefore, Dark Matter > Luminaire for non-NG+ runs) However, at level 65 or so, Lucca becomes better than Janus. (Flare is stronger than Dark Matter, though lower than Luminaire)

At level 99, of course, the best party is obviously Robo, Ayla, (Double 9999-age FTW!) and Crono. Though at level **, you're basically gods anyway, so it doesn't really matter, does it? :/

Oh, and Shock isn't the second strongest spell, by the way. Flare is:

Quote from: V_Translanka
Luminaire: (level + Magic) * 20.5

Flare: (level + Magic) * 17.5

Shock: (level + Magic) * 16.5

Dark Matter: (level + Magic) * 15.5

Nezz

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2008, 07:25:59 pm »
Huh, my bad.

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2008, 07:58:31 pm »
I like Robo, Frog, and Crono. Sometimes I will substitute Magus for Frog just because he is a bad ass. The game is pretty easy tho you can really just use whoever you want.

Void

• Iokan (+1)
  • The black wind howls...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2008, 03:30:18 am »
Last Run i used Crono,Frog,Lucca but i like to pick different teams every playthrough so it keeps it fresh to me.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2008, 10:20:56 am »
Have you run out of different groupings yet?

Void

• Iokan (+1)
  • The black wind howls...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2008, 11:19:12 am »
yeah but it still feels fresh everytime

mikeb123

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2008, 05:30:49 pm »
I'm normally to lazy to replenish mp every so often, so I bring Ayla and Crono to beat up Lavos with physical attacks. As for the third character, I choose either Marle or Robo for their healing magic or if I need someone to use an item.

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2008, 05:59:05 pm »
With Golden Studs, you barely ever need to replenish MP... Except at, like, save points with Shelters or something, but, I mean really, 25% MP costs is just...amazing. Even final techs cost a measly 5 MP with that thing. O_O

Oh, and my equipment setup is always:

[Ultimate weapon]
Haste Helm/Angel's Tiara
Nova Armor/Regal Gown
Golden Stud

...with a Valor Crest for Ayla and a Dragon Earring on Robo, of course.

Zipp Dementia

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2008, 02:04:46 pm »
I think Crono is over-rated as a character.  He's balanced as far as attacks go, but his defense leaves things to be desired.  Especially magic defense, ugh.  I like him because of all the tech combos, but I prefer a party of Magus, Marle, and robo

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2008, 06:17:49 pm »
Luminaire is the most powerful spell in the game, Frenzy is a pretty awesome physical tech, has one of the best ultimate weapons in the game, and has pretty good stats. (His Magic Defense actually isn't that bad, actually -- it maxes out at level 60 or so) You do need a lot of Magic Capsules to power up his Magic stat for Luminaire to be uber-awesome, but I think he's pretty good...

Everyone has their own preference, though. :/ I find that Robo for physical/healing, Crono for both magical and physical power, and Janus/Lucca for raw magical power are pretty good.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2008, 06:38:30 pm »
When I first get Robo, I give him the Berserker for a bit.  I do the same with Ayla for a while.  Pretty much the first you're with Ayla, I give her the Berserker..it's like a nice power hit that's often critical to open every fight!

Later in the game I'm usually with Crono/Magus/Ayla or Frog instead of Ayla.

Less than a minute later, same thread, different post, (same Bat-Channel) Shee posts this instead of just editing his first post...
                                                                                                                                                    ~V_Translanka

FORCE EDIT: Oh..this is DS...haven't played it, but I assume it's the same in this regard.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 08:06:06 pm by V_Translanka »

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2008, 06:55:58 pm »
I'm with Crono, Frog, and Magus most of the time, simply because I can basically just spam the A button on weaker enemies. And the charecters are Kick-Ass.

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2008, 07:16:28 pm »
Yeah, Glenn's Heal is pretty good... Plus he can actually deal decent physical damage. :p Until you get Haste Helms, though, Marle tends to be better, since Haste is so awesome... (In my opinion, anyway) As soon as you do get HHs, though, Glenn and Robo become better healers.