Author Topic: Best Party?  (Read 35200 times)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: Best Party?
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2008, 11:43:17 am »
See, I always saved all of my tabs (now called Capsules) and gave them all to Magus right when I got him.  That made him pretty super-de-duper.  My wicked Magus, along with Crono and Robo were a very formidable team.  All three had good physical attacks, Crono and Magus had good magic attacks, and Robo had healing for backup (like I needed it, HA).

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2008, 11:46:11 am »
Something I thought of. Save up the tabs, and distribute them evenly between Crono and Magus.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2008, 11:51:18 am »
In DS version, you have Dreamreaper for Magus( 4x damage when critical).
Although that's not the strongest weapon, but already makes him a good physical attacker.
BTW, you can easily maximize his strength without capsules/tabs, although he's a magician, but like Magil in RD, who's a strong hand-to-hand fighter.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 11:53:00 am by utunnels »

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2008, 01:16:26 pm »
Meh considering you get so many tabs (every New Game+, every Spekkio form x1 in every New Game+, plus some more hidden elsewhere) I always give them to everyone evenly

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2008, 05:18:14 pm »
Good plan, Dark.

Chocobo_Fan

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Is there no salvation in all the world?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2008, 06:06:47 pm »
Yeah, I always try to distribute capsules evenly. I also try to play based on story, not just statistics... I like Janus, Glenn, and Marle a lot, so I enjoy having them in the party. Although once I get to ** levels, I will definitely simply switch over to Ayla, Robo, and Crono.

What's the best equipment, though? Since I'm not using Marle, I have Haste Helms, Nova Armors, Golden Studs, and ultimate weapons on all. (minus Glenn -- gave him the Champion Medal instead)

Oh, and all three characters of my main party have ** Speed. (Charms a gazillion from the Panels in the BO) That + Haste Helms = awesome. :D (I still need to work on Magic and Strength, but eh...)

Edit: I just noticed that I can lock topics by clicking "Additional Options" under the post. o.O Is this a bug or something? It wasn't there before, and I know I'm not a mod...

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2008, 03:23:05 pm »
Why Magus...? While when you first get him he has a good Magic stat, in terms of physical power he's fairly middle of the road. Even with his new weapon and the Dragon Tear his critical % is still pretty low...and I wouldn't want to rely on him as a physical attacker anyways since there are others better suited...As a mage, though, he quickly gets overtaken by Crono, Lucca & Robo, especially if you invest your Magic Tabs...

Tabs can be charmed off of various monsters all over as well as prize items in the Monster Arena also, btw.

art_garfunkel

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2008, 03:24:56 pm »
Why Magus...?
Because he floats.

Honestly I have always used him for purely cosmetic and story reasons. Magus just looks awesome. (Especially his magic.)

Chrono/Magus/Robo. Enough said.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 03:26:38 pm by art_garfunkel »

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2008, 03:41:50 pm »
Yeah, I can understand wanting Magus for those reason (& he has some of the best quotes too, of course, so I always love to bring him everywhere), but people were speaking of using him & giving him Tabs to further power him up, those were who I was referring to.

art_garfunkel

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2008, 03:46:48 pm »
Yeah, I can understand wanting Magus for those reason (& he has some of the best quotes too, of course, so I always love to bring him everywhere), but people were speaking of using him & giving him Tabs to further power him up, those were who I was referring to.
Honestly I find Trigger to be an unchallenging game. After a couple of run-throughs and a lot of tabs any party can easily beat anything in the game. I've never understood the need to create the best mathematical party possible; this isn't Phantasy Star II. (Possibly the only RPG i've ever played that I really felt number-crunching did me any good. Well, that and Final Fantasy VI Advance. Those bonus dungeons are brutal.)

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2008, 03:59:34 pm »
Art, in contrast, I hit a roadblock in Nizbel at the Reptite Lair. As in, I was not able to defeat him, and every time I challenged him, he pwned me.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2008, 05:27:05 pm »
Well, like I said, I use my team because I found it to be the quickest way to defeat Lavos...When you've gone through the game 20+ times, it normally comes down to speeding through the bosses, I think...Or at least Lavos so you can get the other endings & such...But, no, it's not a particularly difficult game, especially once you know everything's weaknesses & what-not...but people will still bring up who's better, who's stronger, etc...so those things are discussed, obviously...

IStoleTheStars

• Iokan (+1)
  • Love's deeper & darker than the black seas of hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2008, 10:15:01 pm »
I typically used a party of Crono, Ayla and Robo for all my new game+ run throughs. Once I beat the game the first time, they were up around level 60, and by the time I obtained the new ending, they are all close to lv 70.

Robo With the Crisis arm and Prism specs at max health, doing Rapid Punch (haste helm is a bonus)= 6k+ damage to the new optional boss you have to beat in order to obtain the new ending. The boss was dead in only a few rounds, and I lost no one.

Ayla charms a crazy amount of elixirs off of enemies, and does a fair amount of damage (1200 If I recall to the new boss), as well as despensing my disgusting supply of Mega Elixirs and items to heal the party. The Dragons tear item helps her a lot.

And Crono just uses fury repeatedly, About 2k-2.5k damage to the same boss with the rainbow.

tripehound

• Porrean (+50)
  • Autistic Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2008, 10:56:42 pm »
I tend to roll with Crono/Robo/Frog, once all of their optimum equipment is obtained. If I outfit Robo as IStoleTheStars mentioned above, also with a Gold Stud, their triple tech is incredibly cost effective: 3000-ish damage for only 5 MP, depending on levels. Defensively, both Robo and Frog learn all-ally healing techs, which when double-teched, will max out health. Throw in Crono's ability to reviving party members as a fall-back, and I've got myself a nice little protective net.

Offensive magic is a little weak in the diversity category (very lightning biased), but this group tends to work best in long dungeon crawls (Black Omen), where, against the average enemy, it doesn't come into play very often. More smash (physical attacks), less flash (magic).

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2008, 01:53:17 am »
Actually, that offensive magic set is diverse in one regard as it includes all types: Crono (Light), Robo (Light, Fire, Shadow), & Frog (Water)...Though Robo's probably best to put in the first position since Area Bomb has such a limited range...but w/e...