Author Topic: Best Party?  (Read 35194 times)

Chocobo_Fan

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Is there no salvation in all the world?
    • View Profile
Best Party?
« on: December 01, 2008, 06:51:15 pm »
I just beat Lavos and I'm about to go into the Dimensional Distortion, and I'm wondering what the best party is. In the SNES version I always used Crono, Marle, and Janus, though people say that Glenn's better than Marle. However, now, it seems that people say that Marle's better than Glenn... Is it because there are better things than Haste Helms now? (Master's Crown comes to mind...)

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm just curious.

Matt72

• Porrean (+50)
  • Pink Cloud
    • View Profile
Re: Best Party?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 07:04:02 pm »
I always used a party of Ayla, Marle, and Chrono. Ayla and Chrono for their physical strength, and Marle for support. Plus, their triple-tech is amazing.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 07:12:47 pm »
I took Crono, Glenn, and Janus and raid the Black Omen. Crono for natural reasons, Glenn b/c of the Grandleon's effect on the Mammon Machine, and Janus for his line and theme in the 2nd Zeal battle. Worked for me. If I recall I would take Janus, Lucca and Robo for OmegaFlare. In the Outer Core battle (World Revolution is BGM for those who don't understand the name), I could use OmegaFlare and Flare consecutively to destroy each arm. (2 for the left side, and 2 more to finish the right). Recently before I lost my progress to LV 99, I would take Crono, Janus, and a third character, I forget which one (has been many years since I last played).

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 07:43:14 pm »
I always did Crono, Ayla, Robo.  Robo had a tech to heal everyone that actually healed quite a massive bit of HP.  Ayla for her 9999 hit Bronze Fist, and Crono for Luminaire.  Cast Luminaire a couple times, have ayla attack whomever, and if Robo can, use Shock.  It's awesome <3

Meushell

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 10:20:12 pm »
I like Marle, Lucca/Magus, and Glenn/Ayla. Which combo I prefer depends on my mood. I don't know if you can reach the Dimensional Distortion before Crono dies in New Game +.

art_garfunkel

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 12:18:25 am »
Use whoever you want. If you spend some time leveling up, any team can beat any challenge in the game.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 03:47:19 am »
My Lavos team (& as far as I could tell the quickest route to victory) has mostly always consisted of Crono for Luminare (& maybe confuse on the Left Pod) and Lucca & Robo for Flare & healing (respectively) and also DoubleBomb (which at higher levels is more powerful than Flare+Shock combined)...Robo, of course, has to be in the 3rd position in the party so that Area Bomb/Double Bomb can target the Core...

Though for the Dimensional Vortex it might be wise to take a different party for each one...One with Crono, one with Marle, & one with Lucca...

And Robo is better than both Marle & Frog in my book.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2008, 04:09:56 am »
During a normal game Chrono, Marle, Ayla, during New Game+ Chrono, Magus, Ayla. Chrono and Magus kick ass and Ayla's charm ability always comes in handy. And in New Game+ you don't need heals.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2008, 05:16:44 am »
Yeah, because Hallation doesn't effect you when you're in New Game+ :lol:

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2008, 06:14:50 am »
Well, when you come through the BO with Ayla, you should have 20+ MegaElixirs or something charmed, so no probs there ^^ It's waste to put Marle in your party just cause the heals are convenient

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2008, 06:44:07 am »
I usually use Magus, Ayla and Lucca.

XD

Chocobo_Fan

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Is there no salvation in all the world?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2008, 08:22:23 am »
Well, yes, I know that Ayla deals auto-9999 damage on a critical, but she needs to be level 90 or so first. >.> I'm only level 60 or so.

Robo's better than both Marle and Glenn you say? I see...

And yeah, of course, the best party at ** levels is Ayla with the Valor Crest, Robo with the Apocalypse arm and the Dragon Tear, and someone else, (probably Crono since Luminaire is the strongest spell in the game...) but I'm not there yet...

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2008, 08:26:53 am »
For my first CTDS playthrough, I used Crono, Ayla, and Marle as much as possible in order to quickly level up a single party and beat the game faster. I swear I'll actually use Magus for once someday.

Back in the SNES version, I used Crono, Marle, and Frog most of the time.

Dunsparce

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2008, 11:03:22 am »
I always end up using Crono(For Luminare), Robo(For healing), and Ayla(For sheer power).

Though using Frog + Marle for Double Cure is always nice.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2008, 11:07:19 am »
Wouldn't Magus be more suitable for sheer power? Or did you mean sheer physical power?