Author Topic: Official Apologies Thread (For Anyone)  (Read 10575 times)

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
Re: Official Apologies Thread (For Anyone)
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2008, 02:52:20 pm »
Sorry for going balls to the walls all over the place in my first few weeks here...I've just never seen a place like this before.  And it makes my eyes rain, in a good way.

And sorry for getting too personal in the Springtime of Youth, that was uncalled for on my part. 

MsBlack

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 31, 2008, 05:52:37 pm »
If you ever see this...sorry Twilight Skies, for not treating you like a fellow human being.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 06:07:36 pm by MsBlack »

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 31, 2008, 05:54:59 pm »
Apologies to olxlinc for outing him as Shadow D. Darkman. I think everyone deserves a second chance, but I seriously figured he wanted people to know, what with the whole "I lost my memory yesterday" and "Man, that Shadow guy sure sounded like a douche" - paraphrasing on my behalf.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #78 on: December 31, 2008, 09:18:36 pm »
I think the thread where you said that was like the second thread I even saw with him in it, so I was like...who...? I was just gonna call him wacky-name-dude.

And, for a purely out into the universe apology, I'm gonna say sorry to my mom for maybe being more of a douche than I should be to you. I just genuinely don't like you as a person, sorry. You are a good mother, I guess. >_>

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2009, 09:06:25 pm »
I feel like this needs to be back up and prevalent these days...

Not sayin...........just sayin..........

Truthordeal

• Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2009, 11:42:18 pm »
I understand, Shee. *ahem*

*pulls list out from pocket*

1) I'm sorry for being here only 5 months and dragging the Compendium and various threads in it, down into a lot of bullshit and drama over the sake of my ego on countless occasions.

2) I'm sorry to Lord J for being an intellectual pain-in-the-ass. I have tried to reform my academic attitude since starting here, but in some instances my temper has gotten the best of me.

3) I'm sorry to everyone who actively contributed to the Fuck Sexism thread fro being an ignorant dumbass.

4) I'm sorry to Square Enix for sending so many terrible letters and emails to you in the wake of the CE C&D. I'm sure Wada's mother is a beautiful, respectable woman who is well loved by her community. Yes I did feel it was relevant to slide a joke in here, because I'm just that type of person.

5) Mostly though, I'm sorry that I have so many posts and pretty much nothing to show for it outside of a few comments in the Analysis section and a video I made on copyright that one member of the CE team seemed to enjoy. I feel like I ended up spamming a lot of nonsense that inflated that number unfairly. I was just very bored this Summer. Plus, there's that stuff that relates to numbers 1-3. Probably 4 to some extent too.

In any event, sorry for not contributing as much as I should be.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2009, 01:20:57 am »
I don't think he was talking to you. Truthordeal. Worry not.

I don't know what to make of you. Sometimes you show a nascent interest in learning. Other times you are the most maddening conserva-drone. Good luck at college, I say. Maybe it'll open your eyes as to the importance of independent thinking. But I suppose the apologies thread is not a good place for lecturing. Your apology to me is gracious; thank you.

For my part, I apologize to ZeaLitY, for not being more helpful with the Compendium, to Thought for not being a more reliable correspondent, to Daniel Krispin for excessive hostility in years past, to FaustWolf for not living up to his excellent example of community stewardship, to Uboa for assuming she was male for all those months, and to Truthordeal for never relenting. Everyone deserves at least a moment of reprieve.

Most of all I apologize to Sajainta, because sometimes I treat people differently if they have an emotional or mental handicap, and you have a pretty big one in the form of the emotional distress from your deplorable past. My interpersonal skills are not the best, and I very much want to avoid unwittingly upsetting you. My intentions are good, but I don't think anyone can truly enjoy being treated differently. I will get better as I get to know you better. For now, I hope you know you are among friends here!

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2009, 03:07:26 am »
First of all, this is a great thread.  It takes a lot of chutzpah to apologize to someone.  Very commendable, all of you.

I want to apologize to the Compendium for not being active on the Analysis board.  I've read through a lot of the threads, but it seems as though anything I would have to offer has already been said.  I should have joined this place years ago, I guess.  :P

Lord J--I sent you a PM.  But I do want to say publicly that there is no reason for you to apologize.  :)

And for anyone else reading this--I've never felt any sense of being treated differently because of my past.  And I definitely know that I am among friends.  This site is truly wonderful, and much thanks to all of you for making this place so much fun, so hilarious, and so intellectually stimulating all at the same time.  Thank you!  :D

Uboa

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2009, 10:33:41 am »
I did not know that this thread existed!  I've had something for which I've wanted to apologize for quite some time, but did not know of an appropriate context in which to address it.

To everybody on the CE team, when news of the C&D hit I asked Zephira for a copy of the CE beta.  (I am not sure if anybody besides Zephira knows about this...)  While I justify my actions to myself as actions done out of anger (mostly stemming from the fact that all of Kajar labs was also now gone), I know that this does not justify my seeking a copy of the beta against the developers' wills.  So, I now offer my long overdue apology:  I am very sorry for that action in the beginning of my posting here.

In reply to J:  When I decided to use the handle Uboa, I did so expecting to be thought of as a male poster unless I explicitly said otherwise.  So, no worries.   :P

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 09, 2009, 09:13:00 pm »
im sorry that im so mean to my siblings. i know that sometimes they deserve my harsh words (megan why the fuck did you decide to sample the cocoa puffs when we have them at home?! pat, do you speak english? why then do you continuously butcher them in both written and spoken english?) but sometimes i feel like i shouldnt be so goddamn mean.

im sorry that im constantly freaked the fuck out by girl problems. i know there isnt really nothing technically gross about it (its totally natural) but dammit it still freaks me out to know that my girlfriend is bleeding profusely while i make out with her and i cant do a goddamn thing about it.

im sorry that i cant let go of the past.
im sorry i cant really look forward into the future.
im sorry that im not in school.
im sorry for myself and i shouldnt be. its my own fault not anyone elses that im not in school yet, that i cant let go of the past, that i cant bring myself to look to the future with any kind of hope.

im also sorry that i stole that watch in ninth grade.
im not sorry, though, that it was of decent quality.

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Roar through the flames of time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 09, 2009, 10:05:23 pm »
Hmm...an interesting thread........

I am compelled....urged....

I must ask for forgiveness for many things. I shall create a list. Here, as of now.

------------------------------------------------------

I am sorry for the rudeness I portrayed to a young man who insulted me. It was not my honor to do so.
I am sorry for the anger I portrayed to my family during small moments of meaningless frustration.
I am sorry to my family for the frustration I have caused them.
I am sorry for my dishonor of the people around me, acting on how those expect me to act in certain situations.
I am sorry for my dishonor of the ways of education. I should appreciate that more than I do.
I am sorry for my dishonor of my dreams. I always seem to bring them down in some way.
I am sorry for giving up. I will continue to strive.
I am sorry for dishonoring my family.
I am sorry for never really being myself.

There are more, but I'd rather keep them to myself.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 09, 2009, 10:47:05 pm »
I'm posting now, so I can help remind myself... I got to do some serious thinking... I can't even think where to begin.

Um, not all of these may seem like they're true, but here I'm able to be happier and a much better person.

1.) I'm sorry for being such an angry person. Wanting to go to life or death extremes over a small argument, something I need to work on.
2.) I apologize for my extreme laziness, always looking to take the quick way out if I'm not interested in it. (this is one after Crimson Echoes, I actually have extremely improved upon though)
3.) I am sorry for always having to explain every little detail of a situation. I'm fully aware that many don't have that kind of attention span, force of habit.
4.) I am sorry for seeking revenge on someone and skipping out on a grand portion of my life with the intent of mentally destroying them.
5.) I am truly sorry for often not telling all the truth, only some and leaving out the rest. I know people want to hear more but I have another force of habit where I almost militaristically only deliver what's in the orders.
6.) I'm sorry for not putting more effort into the support of the Compendium. I notice everyone seems to have some sort of thing here to strongly contribute, but I've just been a random poster of hit and miss witty comments throughout.
7.) I'm sorry for going on and on with letting out my depression in public often. Even though I have a grand amount built up from my whole life, I shouldn't drag it out on others. That along with my other problems, that's what therapy's for. (just can't afford it or a punching bag at the moment, had one before and that really helped but brother took it back).
8.) I apologize for never having acted my age in my life. The younger I was the more mature I acted and I've grown more childlike as time goes on(I didn't start speaking until I knew complete sentences and could recite just about any word in the dictionary...)
9.) I'm sorry for having a looooong list altogether!

I have more, but as 7 already states, I'm not proud of the fact often I let out a grand load of my depression where it isn't necessary.

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2009, 03:36:57 am »
Here it goes!!!  :picardno

I am sorry for being away from the Compendium for so long.
I am sorry for being so lazy and posted short post.
I am sorry for not contributing most of my ideas and theories for the above reason.
I apologize to my mum for all the trouble and embarrassment I made her go through when I was on primary.
I am sorry for teasing that girl who sill ignores my feelings due to the fact taht she is in love with a Dragon Age character and a Mass Effect one. (I mean literally)
I am sorry for all the people I make fun of.
I am sorry for my terrible grammar... XD
I am sorry for being sorry for everything I did.

But I must admit if i haven't done any of this I wouldn't be the same.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 25, 2009, 04:14:18 am »
Your grammar is ten times better than the vast majority of native English speakers.  :)

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 25, 2009, 10:50:42 am »
I am sorry that I am part of a people-group who (whom?) suck at the grammar and spelling of their own language.