Author Topic: Official Apologies Thread (For Anyone)  (Read 10580 times)

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Official Apologies Thread (For Anyone)
« on: December 01, 2008, 06:16:07 pm »
Probably meaningless to most people but I'd like to apologize for being such a...arrogant person lately and in the past.  I think if you've known me from the past and now that I'm a completely different person, but that still doesn't make up for how rudely I've talked about people.

One at Zeality, I should definitely apologize about how when I stated that "Time's Illusion this" and "TI that" etc etc.  Takes me awhile to get to past events and think of them, but that was really out of line and completely pointless to do.  Maybe I was jealous that your project was doing better?  Who knows.  Anywho, I thought I'd just get this out there in the open.

Seems rather short for an apology but...it works?  I really did feel the need to apologize to everyone and this was the only place I could place it in that's not Chrono related.  So...I guess pretty much that I'm truly sorry.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 10:42:02 pm by justin3009 »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: Apology
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 06:44:00 pm »
Oh, I barely even remember that...I have some vague idea, but it'd take ages with SMF search to find it, so whatever. No problem.

I guess I'll use this opportunity...

• Sorry to JP for the ridiculous number of missed promises for working on CE. I don't like when people do that to me, and yet I find myself doing it so often to you. I'm sure I could have made time if I had tried harder. I hope that some kind of Christmas Break release is possible.
  • Sorry to Azala for putting your project in Mt. Woe. I just get sort of sad sometimes that seemingly no projects ever get done.
  • Sorry to maggiekarp if I've ever made you feel unwelcome. IcyBrian may be packed with mannerless jerks (judging from reactions to my mentioning IB at VGMCentral, a lot of people feel this way), but you're pretty nice.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 06:45:44 pm by ZeaLitY »

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 06:59:25 pm »
Maybe we should make this the official Apology thread for people that feel the need to apologize for something that they've done to people from their years gone?

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 07:04:29 pm »
IcyBrian may be packed with mannerless jerks (judging from reactions to my mentioning IB at VGMCentral, a lot of people feel this way)...

One, I'd like to express my surprise that IcyBrian has forums, as I must've missed them. I used to go there for fan art and fanfics (A true Chrono fan would go there and check out their fanfic archives for CT and CC), and then I lost the ability to access the Internet at will without restrictions. I can say this, I felt screwed, and still do today.

Two, I'd also like to apologize to those who have held the opinion that I might be a Troll or some idiot from GameFAQs (while GameFAQs is cool for the info I get, I never truly saw anything bad there. Then again, I'm rarely on there). I'm just super active, a trait which, I must confess, got me the BanHammer on a Yu-Gi-Oh! site a friend showed me. To those who expressed annoyance at me quoting, I normally only quote what is relevant to what I'm gonna post, or I don't quote at all. How's that for improvement?

Maybe we should make this the official Apology thread for people that feel the need to apologize for something that they've done to people from their years gone?

Supported for reasons Justin has already stated.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 08:20:33 pm »
Well... I'd like to apologise for most of my posts being shitty jokes or lacking in relevance.

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 08:57:50 pm »
I'd like to apologize to all the people who couldn't understand my English when I first came to this forum.
But I also thanks you all for helping me with it. Thanks to that I got 85% on my English exam.
This helped me to improve my English.

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 09:18:51 pm »
Justin, within the last year or so you've been awesome. I'm quite sure I've at least been here that long, and a year is a long time, so...   yeah.

o   To the community: For an attitude I don't (if I ever really did) possess, but I need to get it off too. No, it wasn't cocky or anything...  I feel slightly "noobish". Like I haven't been in the community long enough for my fanhood to simmer down. My feelings for being in a Chrono Trigger community differ from those of being in a Zelda or Gradius community because I actually get enthusiastic for this franchise. I see lots of young people get enthusiastic over stuff at The Hylia, and I'm like "that's..  that's great. get over it. -_-"  Here, I'm a little more like that person. So I've kinda kept myself on the low. Now that Darkman is here (and I hope he stays), maybe I'll let my hair down a little.

o   To Darkman: For essentially flaming him just now (lightering? little tiny embering? You get it was a jab.). "Since this guy is here I won't look as noobish next to him."   In all actuality though, what I mean to say is that by seeing someone else who is still that exuberant about the games that he wants to talk with others here about it -practically in real time-  I can start to see what I am and what I am not, and I feel a little more comfortable just being myself here.  In reality, I owe you my thanks.

Quote from: Shadow D. Darkman
One, I'd like to express my surprise that IcyBrian has forums, as I must've missed them. I used to go there for fan art and fanfics (A true Chrono fan would go there and check out their fanfic archives for CT and CC)

...Hells yeah. Have you seen Alaer Kino's work? Also check out Kay's sketches, and some of Maggie Sue's Magus/Schala stuff.

IcyBrian may be packed with mannerless jerks (judging from reactions to my mentioning IB at VGMCentral, a lot of people feel this way)...

Y'know for a minute I was thinking about going back there...
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 09:27:57 pm by Captain B »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 09:20:43 pm »
Apologies to ZeaLitY for not wikifying the latest Chrono Cross File Exploration Thread results yet. I will get around to it though...! I'm just on a Chrono Trigger ROM hacking binge at the moment.

Apologies to V_Translaka for making half the "AHHHH!" posts following the revelation that Schala would be the bonus final boss of CT:DS. I was...giddy.

Jeez, this is the mushiest Compendium thread evar.

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 10:19:58 pm »
I'll take this chance, considering it is almost the new year.

Apologies to V_Translanka for being such a thorn in his side when I started posting here up until about this summer, I was an annoying little bastard.

Apologies to the entire CC:DBT team for again, being incredibly annoying and posting so many off topic things while the rest of you guys were working your rears off to contribute, as well as never delivering that Guardia map I promised.

And a very heartfelt apologies to anyone I may have wronged in the past here, and another apology for letting you slip my mind.

I'm glad his thread was made, this stuff needed to be said.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2008, 10:30:19 pm »
The Guardia map is no prob tact -- whatthebleepady more than compensated. Since we're mentioning CC:DBT, my apologies for taking the CC:DBT team completely off track by proposing the CT ROM hack spinoff, which will no doubt push us back a year (with the benefit of a product within the foreseeable future).

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2008, 10:43:48 pm »
Well... I'd like to apologise for most of my posts being shitty jokes or lacking in relevance.

No way. Your presence is really great here; it'd definitely be missed, and not just in the "now no one gets my Grimmjow references" sense.

Hah, for Faustwolf, it's no problem unless you and Luminaire85 are planning to suddenly disappear in the near future :D I'd just be worried that something would be lost. I sort of remember when we were trying to figure out the "table of contents" for the Cross disc, and how everything felt so impossibly difficult...the Cross file exploration project is truly a crown jewel.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: Official Apologies Thread (For Anyone)
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2008, 11:05:54 pm »
Wow, we all feel so treasured here. Anyone up for tempting P.S.Z. to come here? IDK why, but something's telling me she should.

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2008, 11:21:35 pm »
 But we already know what she's sorry for. And it's okay, btw. You'd be surprised how often it happens.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2008, 11:42:17 pm »
I didn't mean that, I meant her checking this out.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2008, 04:48:07 am »
I'm sorry for being so awesome that some of you guys feel the need to apologize to me (I read "Apologies to V_Translanka...and then some other words I didn't pay attention to)...It's not my fault for being so naturally gifted, but I'm sorry you're not just the same. :lol:

IcyBrian may be packed with mannerless jerks (judging from reactions to my mentioning IB at VGMCentral, a lot of people feel this way), but you're (maggiekarp) pretty nice.

True that...The very short time I spent there got me chewed out for actually contributing to old threads of theirs...I don't mind being told that I'm necromancing, but if I'm actually adding something? wtf, get over it & let's discuss something other than what's actually spam when you point out that something is amiss with someone's post in a post...So, as always, thanks to the Thread Necromancy Is Perfectly Okay thread here at the Compendium. Oh, and as far as I can tell maggiekarp is pretty cool too.

To those who expressed annoyance at me quoting, I normally only quote what is relevant to what I'm gonna post, or I don't quote at all. How's that for improvement?

I don't think this is something you need to apologize for necessarily...Just...post better? Not everyone started out on forums knowing the perfect etiquette for posting or anything. We all make mistakes & just strive for our best in the future, yeah?

Apologies to V_Translanka for being such a thorn in his side when I started posting here up until about this summer, I was an annoying little bastard.

Same for this. You got better, so no apologies necessary.

I'd like to apologize to myself for apparently becoming the forums' mother hen...wtf is up with that, self? You'd better get me drunk sometime later & have your way with me...uh, er, anyways...I'm such a nit-picky a-hole sometimes, so apologies all around for anyone who felt ostracized or overly criticized or inadvertently circumcised (I swear that last one wasn't my fault).

Open & close with a joke...aren't I great?