Author Topic: Chrono Scholars  (Read 6693 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Chrono Scholars
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2004, 05:24:22 am »
Okay, so it took me three pages and another topic that links to this page for me to finally say "fine, I'm hoity toity enough to call myself a 'Chrono Scholar', I'll check out the thread."

Well jeeze, if I had only done so earlier...

I think I can help out with the Fates of the CT Team if it's not to late...And I can pretty much do anything for the CC stuff section, like characters (the whole description thing in the menu screens along w/recruitments & Lvl 7 Tech locations and more), items, weapons, armors, etc...Also, might we want to add the prices for such weapons and armors? For the Swallows, which were already contributed, these are the prices (i'm pretty sure the prices weren't contributed, right?)

Sea Swallow -
Copper Swallow 100
Steel Swallow 420
Silver Swallow 1600
Stone Swallow 7980
MasterMune -
Spectra Swallow 21,600

Oh, and I just might start up a Chrono Fanfic (which would be my first Fanfic) if I think I have the time (i'm currently writing somewhere around 14 different stories some of which i've been writing for around 5-6 years). I'm totally into the whole multi-dimensional aspect of the games (due to a recent obsession with Mr. King's Dark Tower series of books) and would love to write something totally off-the-wall involving a couple key characters (or maybe Poshul! jk).

Morzas Merix

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Chrono Scholars
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2004, 06:05:26 pm »
Mwa ha ha ha.... I'll contribute a review... or two... or three.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Chrono Scholars
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2004, 10:54:56 pm »
I need someone to map out the eras of the Chrono Trigger prerelease. This involves running it in ZSNES and flying around the world with the Epoch, taking screenshots and later piecing them together. Layers 3 and 5 would be disabled so that clouds, birds, etc. and the Epoch don't show up; the upper-left picture would be supplied by me for calibration. This is very easy, but a bit tedious and time consuming. I'm going to try and finalize pre-release analysis in a number of ways, and I'm going to focus my efforts in collecting information.

If you have

ZSNES
Chrono Trigger PreRelease ROM
My Epoch savestate ( http://www.zophar.net/zsnes/archive/ctpre.zip )
Photo editing program

Or are willing to do this and want those, ask me (save for the ROM. PM me privately).

lunairetic

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Chrono Scholars
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2004, 07:23:32 pm »
What is the difference between the Chrono Trigger prelease maps and those of the english language ROM? (er, what IS the Chrono Trigger prerelease?) I've already plotted out a couple of the CT maps from the english language Chrono Trigger (a 1000 AD map and 600 AD map) using adobe photoshop and ZSNES emulator to capture the screenshots, and I'd REALLY like to help, so just explain to me what i need to do. (You're right about the task being time consuming, but since i have some practice i think i'd be able to piece the bits together and still make good time). I have both the ZSNES emulator and Adobe Photoshop 5.0 (for editing).

XchrononetX

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Chrono Scholars
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2004, 08:43:37 pm »
Well, I happen to be a master of English, if I may humor myself. I know that this post has been done to death, but I have a fond love for Chrono Trigger, and indeed anything that Yuji Horii and Akira Toriyama have anything to do with, and have many times stated that it is the only game I would take a human life over.
   Did I creep you out yet  :twisted: ? S'true! Moving on....... I'm really into anime, and can draw, however, my main talent is my differing views on Chrono Trigger, and the fact that I'm making a Novel that is sort of a sequel to Chrono Trigger. Perhaps I could submit my novel when it is complete, and I would be thrilled to have others view it, as it has been just something for me, really... I could also write articles of varying views on serious or obscure topics relating to the game of which I show so much love. Well, I think the novel's a good bet, what say you?

supergreg64

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Chrono Scholars
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2004, 12:30:30 pm »
And I'm here now to translate anything you need.  Check your PMs.

XchrononetX

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Chrono Scholars
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2004, 11:27:49 pm »
One more thought on the novel, if I were to release it on this site, I would have to perhaps edit the humor a bit, because it comes from my mind, and can only be truly appreciated by me and others like me. I'm not going to elaborate on what that entails, but I would like to state that I'm truly sorry that only a few people can enjoy the humor, yet appreciative of the fact that it's an insider joke.

YbrikMetaknight

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • I strike fast and disappear for years at a time.
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Compendium
Chrono Scholars
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2004, 01:23:53 am »
Inside jokes are generally fine, especially if it isn't obvious to those who wouldn't get it that it's even a joke.  That is, if nobody realizes that a joke isn't being made, then it's as if there's no joke there, except to those who would get it, so no harm done.

XchrononetX

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Chrono Scholars
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2004, 02:35:47 pm »
Well, some of my jokes are insiders, some are just blatantly unintelligent, and I'm sure that some of the more intellectual of the people here are going to be affected by that in some small or large way, depending on how they take joke. Moronic humor I do enjoy, though a moron I am not. Strange, but true. I like stuff like Cheech and Chong, or Jay and Silent Bob, things of that nature, and if anyone else here knows what I'm talking about then maybe you will enjoy my jokes, but most of my humor is based on the game itself, plotholes, and the fact that the characters all have their different personalities. Well, if you're interested then just let me know, and I'll give you a sample. But of course, the book will take some time, as I am a student in multiple ways, and am always busy.... Sadly :).

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
Chrono Scholars
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2004, 08:32:50 pm »
Hello, I'm new here (got here via a post in the GameFAQs forum for CC). I've already filled in a big chunk of the CC weapons in the encyclopedia, and I'd also be willing to do an article on the (B)End of Time/Darkness Beyond Time/Tesseract/etc. I've already touched a bit on the mechanics of time in these places in my reply to the Axioms article. Just a warning that I'll be away for most of the next week, but after that I have nothing planned for the summer.

XchrononetX

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Chrono Scholars
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2004, 10:58:34 pm »
I would be interested in reading that Lee, you should do it. I've always wondered, but for some reason I could never make a competent theory on that subject...

Green Dream

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Chrono Scholars
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2004, 01:28:23 pm »
I found a music library and an character library of Chrono Trigger.  They are .smc's and work in an snes emulator.  The enemy library has pitures of every boss/enemy/character and has writing in japanese about them.  The music library has all the songs in the game plus the unreleased ones.  I don't know if you guys want it cause it is like a rom.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
Chrono Scholars
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2005, 08:15:43 am »
They'll eventually have entries in the Games encyclopedia. I think they were released on the BS with Radical Dreamers.

Salvadeiro

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Chrono Scholars
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2005, 12:41:14 am »
Sorry for reviving an old thread but, I would love to be a Chrono Scholar and help with whatever this site may need :).  I'm ready for assignments.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
Chrono Scholars
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2005, 01:40:45 am »
I dissolved the group since the site is becoming large. Uh...

Yeah, that doesn't leave much except analysis.