Author Topic: CTDS New Ending =o  (Read 12462 times)

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: CTDS New Ending =o
« Reply #105 on: December 01, 2008, 04:23:18 am »
  I never reached the last boss, because I had a bad Disc II. :(

All this time I thought the Time Devourer fight used the song "people imprisoned by destiny" or something. It's that really sad fight music that only seems to play for the hardass bosses, like Miguel.
That song is also used when you fight Dario. And like Miguel, you will receive a Dreamer's Scarf when you defeat him...

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 01, 2008, 09:33:55 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6oUz1v17Uo
You are awesome Schala Zeal :) Thank you for that Picard tribute!

Slightly back at the whole not-having-a-battle-theme-for-the-Time-Devourer thing, back when the game came out I'm sure people had a hard time figuring out how to get the good ending in CC, all people knew is that a "healing melody" was needed and that the Chrono Cross made the elements produce sounds so they had to figure out the melody, and that melody was heard at Terra Tower, so I'm guessing that the lack of music is there to empathize the sound of the elements and so people could properly reproduce the melody, the DBT being a cold and lonely place and Shala's sorrow also were a pretty good reason for the place not having any music, I guess that not having music in that battle was a good idea.

I believe I may have mentioned this in the past, but Schala's theme from CT and the musical notes played by the Chrono Cross to defeat the TD seem somewhat similar. This may have been coincidence or perhaps it is my failure in recognizing some similarity of the 2 games...

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 01, 2008, 09:35:13 am »
Uhhhhh yeah those are pretty much the same in the same way as Chrono's theme and the Home world map theme are the same. It's obvious to play her theme at that time, right?