Poll

What is your favorite melody from the Chrono games?

Chrono Trigger
4 (9.3%)
Memories Of Green(Present Overworld)
1 (2.3%)
Gonzales' Song(Gato)
0 (0%)
The Wind's Yearning(Middle Ages Overworld)
3 (7%)
Battle(Main battle theme)
0 (0%)
Boss Battle 1
0 (0%)
Frog's Theme
4 (9.3%)
Lavos' Theme
0 (0%)
Warlock Battle(Magus' Theme)
5 (11.6%)
Corridor Of Time(Kingdom of Zeal Overworld)
6 (14%)
Silvard(Epoch Theme)
1 (2.3%)
Epilogue To Close Friends(Endign Version Of Marle's theme)
0 (0%)
To The Outskirts Of Time
1 (2.3%)
Time's Scar(Opening theme to CC)
2 (4.7%)
At The Shore Of Dreams(Another World)
2 (4.7%)
Prisoners Of Fate
0 (0%)
Life A Distant Promise(Good Ending)
2 (4.7%)
Radical Dreamers
1 (2.3%)
Fragments of A Dream
0 (0%)
Other(please specify)
11 (25.6%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Favorite Chrono Song  (Read 6824 times)

Chocobo_Fan

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Is there no salvation in all the world?
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Chrono Song
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2009, 06:15:43 pm »
I don't really know... It's hard to pick just one. They're all so good.

I suppose it depends on which one you think fits the mood best. For most emotional? The Last Day of the World hands down. Most dramatic? Lavos's Theme, probably. Best battle music? Well, either World Revolution or The Last Battle, of course. :p I like Battle 2 for some reason though. Best area BGM? Singing Mountain, of course. ;) I love the soft, peaceful, melodious tune. Chrono Trigger is a pretty good theme too, as are the PC themes. (And Schala's too. :D)

Like I said, it's hard to pick just one. They're all excellent in different ways.

(One thing I have to say, though, is that every single theme in the Chrono series is not a song. Pieces of music are only songs if they have lyrics. Otherwise, they're themes or musics)

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2009, 07:25:12 pm »
One thing I have to say, though, is that every single theme in the Chrono series is not a song. Pieces of music are only songs if they have lyrics. Otherwise, they're themes or musics.

Wrong, Radical Dreamers -Unstolen Thoughts- is a song, it has lyrics. Japanese, but lyrics.

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2009, 07:40:31 pm »
This was tough, but "Black Dream" has always sounded the most phenomenal to me...it's chilling, deep, and doesn't have the characteristic twang of most other Chrono pieces (which is interesting, cause that general Chrono feel gives all the songs a very touching effect--something to relate to). Nonetheless, "Black Dream" is probably the piece I like the most. And I suppose the most memorable would be "Frog's Theme"...I loved it as a kid, but I've only heard it captured phenomenally once--in the PLAY! concert--they managed to pull out the epic grandiose of the song, and contrast it with the calming, somewhat soft nature of the song: a perfect tribute to the character himself.

And one of the greatest themes ever has to be Radical Dreamers...I'd say it's probably one of the coolest themes I've ever heard from a video game...it's damn impressive and so deep. Simply beautiful.

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2009, 08:15:50 pm »
One thing I have to say, though, is that every single theme in the Chrono series is not a song. Pieces of music are only songs if they have lyrics. Otherwise, they're themes or musics.

Wrong, Radical Dreamers -Unstolen Thoughts- is a song, it has lyrics. Japanese, but lyrics.

Ah, thank you, I didn't know that.

*ahem* Most of the themes in the Chrono series are not songs.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2009, 02:31:44 am »
One thing I have to say, though, is that every single theme in the Chrono series is not a song. Pieces of music are only songs if they have lyrics. Otherwise, they're themes or musics

What?

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2009, 11:21:27 pm »
Some of my favorite songs in the world have no lyrics.  I voted for other after much debate.  i almost voted for Frog's Theme about 5 times while flipping over to Battle With Magus until finally I decided on

Undersea Palace

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2009, 12:24:17 pm »
I've been debating on whether or not to suggest Frog's Theme (Complete) when my church does its tribute to our soldiers, dead, alive, active, reserve, or retired. Given who the song is for, it should be quite fitting, amirite?

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2009, 01:47:33 pm »
I've been debating on whether or not to suggest Frog's Theme (Complete) when my church does its tribute to our soldiers, dead, alive, active, reserve, or retired. Given who the song is for, it should be quite fitting, amirite?

Have music that will mean something to the people it's for.

Phillies64

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2009, 02:51:21 pm »
Secret of the Forest from CT is my absolute favorite. Tough decision with all the great music in all three games.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2009, 04:20:01 pm »
World Revolution isn't on there D:!  That track is so awesome.  Mixture of Lavos's theme with a kick ass beat and gives a feeling of high tension that you could win or lose to this thing.  It's so amazing <3

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2009, 06:34:02 pm »
Some of my favorite songs in the world have no lyrics.

Things without lyrics aren't songs though... -_- People always just say "song" to refer to any type of music, which is incorrect. Songs are only tracks of music with people singing in them. If there are no lyrics, then it's a theme or a music.

And yeah, all the characters' themes are really good. Like I said, though, there are so many that it's hard to choose. Corridor of Time, Singing Mountain, and Undersea Palace are good area BGMs, though. I like Wings That Cross Time, too.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2009, 06:46:03 pm »
Some of my favorite songs in the world have no lyrics.

Things without lyrics aren't songs though... -_- People always just say "song" to refer to any type of music, which is incorrect. Songs are only tracks of music with people singing in them. If there are no lyrics, then it's a theme or a music.

And yeah, all the characters' themes are really good. Like I said, though, there are so many that it's hard to choose. Corridor of Time, Singing Mountain, and Undersea Palace are good area BGMs, though. I like Wings That Cross Time, too.

Umm...no.  They're called instrumental songs.  I would love to see you go up to John Petrucci and tell him that the 17 minutes of awesomeness known as When The Water Breaks isn't a song.  Or go to Fourtet or Aphex Twin and tell them their beautiful music aren't songs.  Buddy Rich drummining upside down?  Okay, THAT'S not a song...

EDIT: So yea I read the above and well....as a drummer from 2 bands, drummed in 4 states, played on the same stage as 311, Less Than Jake, The Offspring, Blue Oyster Cult and Vanilla Ice (though not at the same time, it just makes me feel good to say it)...I get wound up over tunage easily.  My apologies.  So i ask to clarify then, Choco, are talking about only Chrono tunes when you made the previous points or all music.  If it's just Chrono tunes, I'll turn away with my tail inbetween my legs.  If it's all music, consider my original post to have flames and Satan dancing around it.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 07:16:20 pm by Shee »

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2009, 08:10:28 pm »

Is that a Yay or a Nay? B/c my justification is that it was made for quite a brave individual, even if he is fictional.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2009, 08:17:01 pm »

Is that a Yay or a Nay? B/c my justification is that it was made for quite a brave individual, even if he is fictional.

The people for whom the music will be played, the soldiers and their friends and family, will not have heard the song, they will not have played Chrono Trigger, and they will have no concept that it is the theme for a fictional character you charactarize as brave. Your heart may be in the right place, but it would be inapproriate in this circumstance to play that song.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2009, 08:19:29 pm »
Hmm... Guess you're right.