Author Topic: Arena Info Thread  (Read 4143 times)

Nexus

• Porrean (+50)
  • Choose your own path.
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Info Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2008, 10:45:20 pm »
Has anyone run into the right item and location combination to train your creature without losing any stats? I'm at a loss how to get my creatures health up without lowering it's stats and I am still shy 1 point of having maxed out stats for my creature. One more for magic defence and around 1300 is needed to max my creatures health.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 10:52:03 pm by Nexus »

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2008, 03:26:19 am »
My Shadow Smidge went to Lancer and then Stone Gargoyle...I only had it know the Shadow Tech sometime when it turned into a Lancer (no real reason though as I wasn't really using Magic)...then either before or after it turned to Stone Gargoyle I had it learn the Water one and then recently the Fire one as well...

Rio Rock

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2008, 11:26:19 am »
I trained my Water Smidge in Present.

Water Smidge > Rhino Weevil > Bladesman

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2008, 11:29:01 am »
My Shadow Smidge went to 2300 AD and came back a Leaper (undead skeleton with a spear)...  Still trying to get it to upgrade again...

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2008, 11:47:52 am »
Wouldn't a Leaper be one of the relative to the Runner in Prehistory?

Fireseal

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2008, 08:36:24 pm »
Yeah, I've tried using my monster with always having 0 on the trust stat. Nothing special except for refusing to use items as expected. I'm disappointed though. :(

Perhaps it's because I still only have a Light Smidge? Oh yeah by the way, can someone enlighten me on when the monster evolves? If someone else has a Light Smidge and has it evolved, please tell me where(or when?) you trained it at the time and I'll pick a different era to see if it'll evolve into something else.

Nexus

• Porrean (+50)
  • Choose your own path.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2008, 05:16:32 pm »
Trust is only important for the use of items to my knowledge.

Also I figured out how to max the stats of your creature in the game. When you have it on one of it's final forms it may actually turn into a lower one reducing the stats. Here is the kicker is even though it is a downgrade your creature will have higher stats than a normal one at that stage. I had my creature turn into a stage two one then I got it back to another final stage and had it happen again. By doing so when my creature reached a new final stage it maxed out all of it's stats. So I'm not sure how to make it regress into a weaker form. So if it you are able to do so then it is actually a benefit if you want creature with maximum stats.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2008, 12:37:50 am »
Yeah, I've tried using my monster with always having 0 on the trust stat. Nothing special except for refusing to use items as expected. I'm disappointed though. :(

Perhaps it's because I still only have a Light Smidge? Oh yeah by the way, can someone enlighten me on when the monster evolves? If someone else has a Light Smidge and has it evolved, please tell me where(or when?) you trained it at the time and I'll pick a different era to see if it'll evolve into something else.

I can help a little. If trained in the Middle Ages, it turns into an Ogan. Then, if the Ogan trains in the Present, it will become an Aceto Weevil (Not sure of the correct spelling). Sadly, that's all I have right now.

Fireseal

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2008, 01:51:25 am »
That'll do just fine thanks. I just don't want to have a smidge anymore.. lol

EDIT: My Light Smidge turned into a Zealot Mage last night, not what I wanted. Pretty sure I got it from Antiquity... Oh well I'll have to make do, although it's bizarre to have a mage monster with high Strength, high accuracy max evasion, max speed, max stamina, poor magic and very poor magic defense... Also my trust is at 4 at the moment, perhaps my monster simply rebelled at the idea of changing into a fighter and wanting to piss me off by changing into a mage? lol...
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 09:44:06 am by Fireseal »

HartleySan

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Fastest Way to Get the Arena-Only Items?
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2008, 12:31:34 am »
I'll be honest, I'm not big on the new arena. Anyway, has anyone found an easy/fast way to get all the arena-specific items? Thanks.

tripehound

• Porrean (+50)
  • Autistic Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2008, 08:21:16 pm »
Only because I haven't seen it posted anywhere else yet:

You don't get to keep your monster when starting a New Game (+). Make sure you don't overwrite your save slot if you have a monster you plan on keeping for a bit.

Hartley: I personally haven't. I haven't developed the patience to go crawling through it yet.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 08:23:16 pm by tripehound »

hiddensquire

• Guardian (+100)
  • Seeker of wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2008, 10:06:35 pm »
I have trained 2 monsters to tier 6 from the ground-up (as mentioned above, dang monsters don't transfer in New Game+), and I've noticed something important.  Each individual monster type seems predisposed to make gains in certain stats, along with the random factor for gains for all monsters.  For example, while one of my monsters was a Cave Ape, he would make jumps in strength even when I wasn't training him specifically for strength (and when I did train him for strength, he would make HUGE jumps in it), but I could never get him to learn techs other than one in his core element (water), even when I trained him in Antiquity.  As soon as he changed to another monster type, though, I was able to teach him two more techs almost instantly.  I could be way off here due to the random nature of randomness, but it seemed to happen too often to me to be a coincidence.  Has anyone else had similar experiences?