Author Topic: Arena Info Thread  (Read 4144 times)

Azure

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Arena Info Thread
« on: November 27, 2008, 09:15:04 am »
So, I didn't see an arena thread, so here goes.

After some trials I think I have the training system figured out.  Not how numbers or anything like that, but, I have figured out that the training depends souly on time.  Unfortunately you can't just leave your game on and go to sleep, as after I think 20 mins, you can get your monster back, and it won't advance any further for any amount of time after the 20 mins.  It also has nothing to do with amount of times you time travel, or amount of times you have saved.  Also, I only think its 20 mins, I haven't actually timed it accurately yet.

Anyone have anything to add about the arena?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: Arena Info Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 09:57:41 am »
I think it's less than 20 min...Have you tried number of battles?

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 10:15:29 am »
I've always wondered if you could pit your party against a friend's party. That would be SO kickass.

wtf does this have to do with anything? Try to stay on topic.
                                                                 ~V_Translanka

I wanted to know if you could or not.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 12:07:00 pm by Shadow D. Darkman »

Azure

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 11:57:19 am »
I think it's less than 20 min...Have you tried number of battles?
that was the next step, but my pillow was calling last night, and I had a class today.  I'll re-post after I try battles.

Nexus

• Porrean (+50)
  • Choose your own path.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 12:18:34 pm »
Actually it takes 10 minutes for your creature to return after you send it out for training.

Azure

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 01:37:25 pm »
Yupp.  Also, battles don't affect it.  So, if you're super gung-ho about getting your monster leveled up, get it every 10 mins.  I haven't had a chance to work on anything like evolution or techs...

Nexus

• Porrean (+50)
  • Choose your own path.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2008, 02:00:09 pm »
Eventually a chart needs to be made to track which creature turns into for each time period. Also the best way it seems to learn techs is to save before you send it out then wait ten minutes and then check up on it. If it didn't learn it just go to the save before you sent it out for training and try again.

Fireseal

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 07:19:11 pm »
Anyone know how to affect the raising of the Trust stat? And what does it even do?
I wouldn't want it to rebel against me one day. lol It's at 4 so far, I did manage to get it up at random by 3 points at one time, but then it just steadily kept going down. I dread to think what'll happen once the Trust stat reaches 0. :/

Ozzie

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2008, 07:46:08 pm »
Anyone know how to affect the raising of the Trust stat? And what does it even do?
I wouldn't want it to rebel against me one day. lol It's at 4 so far, I did manage to get it up at random by 3 points at one time, but then it just steadily kept going down. I dread to think what'll happen once the Trust stat reaches 0. :/

The Trust stat goes up every time you have it battle with other monsters, like Prize Match or Interdimensional Battle (wireless).

You have items you can give to your monster every round that they can use when it's their turn. If your Trust stat is high, then the monster trusts you and is more likely to use the item you gave it.

Honestly, I never use the items in battle, they would just slow me winning down. I'm at Tier 5 and nothing in Tier 5 comes close to defeating me, so I only use the items for training for stats that need manually pumped up.

As for when Trust goes to 0.... it would be cool to see it rebel against you and attack your party. My monster would crush my party though...

Fireseal

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2008, 11:09:06 pm »
Well then, I'll be sure to make a note of it if it ever rebelled against me party :P

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2008, 12:13:42 am »
As for when Trust goes to 0.... it would be cool to see it rebel against you and attack your party. My monster would crush my party though...

Interesting theory, Ozzie. Is there anyone who would like to test this? Anyone?

Fireseal

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2008, 01:14:58 am »
I'll make a 2nd save, ditch my monster, restart anew and I'll see what happens :)

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2008, 10:40:19 pm »
I don't think your monster can attack your party, considering they're not even on-screen during arena battles. I'd assume at 0, your monster just won't use any items at all.

My creature has went from Shadow Smidge to Lancer (the skeletal spear-wielding soldiers) to Macabre (floating skeleton holding scythe). I'm hoping to get a Zombor/Retinite-esque creature! I don't use any items during battle either, and like Ozzie said they're more of a hindrance than anything.

You can win Capsules in Tier 2, by the way, meaning Magic and Speed Tabs are no longer limited.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2008, 11:45:23 pm »
I had a Flame Smige that now a Bao-Bao(winged ape) and it won't learn any damn techs :x

Chocobo_Fan

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Is there no salvation in all the world?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2008, 05:44:50 pm »
You need to train your monster in Antiquity if you want to learn any techs. The percentage is extremely low otherwise.

Is progress coming along on an evolution chart? I'd really like to see one of those... My monster went from Light Smidge to Zealot Mage (evolved in Zeal) to Gargoyle (again, Zeal) to Spirit Gargoyle. (Zeal) However, oddly enough, Spirit Gargoyles don't seem to have an affinity. o.O There's no elemental icon in the top-right corner. I've been giving it Luxwings and sending it to Zeal but no luck so far...

And actually, I wouldn't say all items are a complete hindrance... I find Shield Cloaks extremely useful, and the tech items can allow your monster to deal major damage. (If your magic stat is high anyway... If you're focusing on strength it might be different, I guess. :/) But yeah, most of them (Hawk Talon and Slops especially) are pretty useless...