Author Topic: Chrono Trigger Perfect Bible - New CTDS Guidebook  (Read 7576 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger Perfect Bible - New CTDS Guidebook
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2008, 01:26:45 am »
A new page on the encyclopedia centralizing all the new information provided will be enough. Since it'll have to be translated, it may be a subsection of the Supporting Material Translation article.

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2008, 04:35:04 pm »
We could scan it and and archive it as a .cbr and use CDisplay to view it after it's translated. To get a more authentic feel for it. I don't think it would be immoral, because it's not going to be released in our region. I would be willing to do the scans when I get a copy. That is if it would be something that the compendium wants.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2008, 03:22:53 pm »
So there are 2 different CT DS guide books...

Ultimania's release and this "Perfect Bible". The better of the 2 is Ultimania by far, but those "tid-bits" the Compendium seeks is within Ultimania, correct? Would there be any point in acquiring the "Perfect Bible" then since Ultimania seems like it will eclipse the "Perfect Bible" in overall info, features, and art?

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2008, 03:40:22 pm »
I guess not, if Ultimania is better, unless there are things in Perfect Bible that aren't in Ultimania.

Zergplex

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • Zergplex ~ Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2008, 03:47:47 pm »
I would assume both would be necessary if only for completions sake. Ultimania may be better, but their are probably pieces of information that may not be duplicated between the two.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2008, 05:29:23 pm »
So there are 2 different CT DS guide books...

Ultimania's release and this "Perfect Bible". The better of the 2 is Ultimania by far, but those "tid-bits" the Compendium seeks is within Ultimania, correct? Would there be any point in acquiring the "Perfect Bible" then since Ultimania seems like it will eclipse the "Perfect Bible" in overall info, features, and art?

Barring any surprises, I imagine no. The people here have said that the Perfect Bible barely scratches the surface of the new content.