Author Topic: Chrono Trigger Perfect Bible - New CTDS Guidebook  (Read 7583 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger Perfect Bible - New CTDS Guidebook
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2008, 02:34:29 am »
At this point, I'll probably just pay professional translators out of my pocket once my business career begins in 2010.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2008, 10:32:19 am »
At this point, I'll probably just pay professional translators out of my pocket once my business career begins in 2010.

Ooh, cool!

NaYA

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2008, 09:49:11 pm »
To translate a whole book? Do you know how much it would cost to do that?!
It costs couple hundred dollars just to translate a few pages of documents...

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2008, 03:43:16 am »
Do we have any other choice?  :?

Ramsus

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2008, 04:41:58 am »
Do we have any other choice?  :?

Realistically, the site's been around long enough that we should've just learned Japanese.

RyougaSaotome

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2008, 06:10:44 am »
Alright, so I purchased a copy of this the day before CT DS came out in Japan, and I suppose I'll be the bearer of bad news.

As far as I can read (And I can read Japanese pretty well), there is no info on the Dream Devourer, Lavos, or any of that jazz. No commentary either. In fact, there isn't even a strategy on how to beat any of the canon bosses in the extra dungeon. The dimensional Vortex gets no coverage. Disappointing? Yes, it is.

I'd argue the book isn't worth it, but because it's something related to our favorite series, I'd recommend buying it just to boost sales. Heh.

If anyone has any questions about the content, feel free to ask me.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 09:32:38 am by RyougaSaotome »

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2008, 10:17:18 am »
Alright, so I purchased a copy of this the day before CT DS came out in Japan, and I suppose I'll be the bearer of bad news.

As far as I can read (And I can read Japanese pretty well), there is no info on the Dream Devourer, Lavos, or any of that jazz. No commentary either. In fact, there isn't even a strategy on how to beat any of the canon bosses in the extra dungeon. The dimensional Vortex gets no coverage. Disappointing? Yes, it is.

I'd argue the book isn't worth it, but because it's something related to our favorite series, I'd recommend buying it just to boost sales. Heh.

If anyone has any questions about the content, feel free to ask me.

OK, I'll bite. What IS covered in there?

Nexus

• Porrean (+50)
  • Choose your own path.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2008, 12:41:44 pm »
Well this sounds somewhat disappointing. You would think they would include an interview or such in it to explain some of the aspects of the new content.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2008, 05:16:07 pm »
Well this sounds somewhat disappointing. You would think they would include an interview or such in it to explain some of the aspects of the new content.

I'm listening... (not liking where this is going)

RyougaSaotome

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2008, 09:43:32 am »
Alright, turns out I lied. The book does contain info on the Lost Sanctum and the Dimensional Vortex.

The bad news is that it's so scant, that that's the reason I missed it in the first place. Both extras get a mere two pages each, neither detailing anything remotely useful about either dungeon set. Especially in the case of the Dimensional Vortex which only outlines where the three gates are, and what the maps for the gates look like. That's it. No strategy on any bosses, nothing.

The rest of the book serves as a fairly good guide to the game, with a list containing all teches, a full bestiary (Save for any creatures new to this version), and various info on every time period. Nothing enlightening in the least, but if you don't already know CT like the back of your hand, I certainly can't see you purchasing a worse guide at the moment (Given it's the only one available right now...).

I'd advise people wait though. When Sigma Harmonix had first came out, a third party guide was released, and then a few months later, SE released one with interviews, etc. They always do that, so you're better off waiting for the SE- super dooper better than all the rest buy our shit-version of the guide.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2008, 10:00:04 am »
The bad news is that it's so scant, that that's the reason I missed it in the first place. Both extras get a mere two pages each, neither detailing anything remotely useful about either dungeon set. Especially in the case of the Dimensional Vortex which only outlines where the three gates are, and what the maps for the gates look like. That's it. No strategy on any bosses, nothing.

:shock:

What?

N-n-n-n...

SD: Ugh, bad quality, but it beats some of the other shit I found on Google Images. :roll:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Rio Rock

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2008, 11:02:58 am »
@ RyougaSaotome :

Does the book contain info about the Arena? Maybe evolution charts?

@ Shadow D. Darkman :

Would you please stop spamming around?

RyougaSaotome

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2008, 11:10:52 am »
No evolution charts. Once again, just very basic information, a map of the place, and some scattered details here and there. As far as I can tell, nothing very useful.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2008, 03:35:11 pm »

Dude, that's not spam, that's my reaction, illustrated. Jesus, it's not like I asked you to look at it.

EDIT: It's like lemon warnings on Fan Fictions, don't like it, don't read it, but DON'T F***ING COMPLAIN ABOUT IT!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 03:37:00 pm by Shadow D. Darkman »

Ramsus

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2008, 06:10:03 pm »

Dude, that's not spam, that's my reaction, illustrated. Jesus, it's not like I asked you to look at it.

EDIT: It's like lemon warnings on Fan Fictions, don't like it, don't read it, but DON'T F***ING COMPLAIN ABOUT IT!

Sorry, but unless your post contains at least:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|                                        ---    This much    ---                                        |

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

... meaningful content, you really shouldn't be replying to every other post in every thread. That's the very definition of spamming around (illustrated, for your obvious benefit). If people want to complain, they have a bloody damn good right to, because this forum is for the entire community, and you're just a small part of that. It's probably time you started acting like it to and show some courtesy by not taking away from the actual discussion by filling every thread with useless noise.

All it takes is a couple more members who do that, and then everyone else has to start going through 10 pages of discussion to read a handful of useful posts.