Author Topic: ChronoTrigger Orchestra Extra soundtrack  (Read 4992 times)

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
Re: ChronoTrigger Orchestra Extra soundtrack
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2008, 09:56:46 pm »
lol faustwolf is on the job- making sure everything goes right lol

Well, make sure he gets MP3s from the DS game. I only know Keeper's Dome, World Revolution, and Zeal Palace haven't changed much from the SNES version, and those three I know from watching the Dream Devourer vid.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2008, 01:08:08 am »
Lossless or nothing. This is the year 2008 and we have broadband connections. The days of waiting 20 minutes to download a 1 meg lossy, awful-sounding MP3 over Napster with a 28.8kb connection are over. You would complain about Chrono Trigger if the developers spilled dirt over part of the graphics, and you should complain about inferior music encoding. If you actually care about listening to the music, then you're probably interested enough to hear the highs and lows that MP3 encoding screws up.

http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/
http://flac.sourceforge.net/
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 02:39:59 am by ZeaLitY »

Darth Magus

• Earthbound (+15)
  • The power of the Force is no match for Me.
    • View Profile
Re: It's finally in my hands AGAIN!
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2008, 02:18:51 am »
...also, I fixed my DS!   blowing on the shoulder buttons relieved the problem.

Thank You!  Immediately after I used the LR + A password thing in Arris dome, I lost use of my L button.  You have just saved my DS from Gamestop Hell! Too bad I sold the other one that lost use of its L button months ago. 

But back on topic.  I can't wait until I can hear the CT orchestrated music!  On a related note, I am eagerly anticipating the eventual release of the "PLAY!  A Video Game Symphony" CD, which will have a CT/CC medley in full lossless glory (and even beyond, since a DVD is included in the set.).  Problem is, The release date came and went several times, months ago, and there is no official word on a firm release date, although several people claim the PLAY shop is trying to release it before Christmas. 

w00t!

Ramsus

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2008, 02:33:58 am »
MP3 do lose some of the quality, but unless you have a nice sound system you probably wouldn't notice anyways.

You make original copies using lossless codecs like FLAC, not for the purpose of listening, but so that in the future if you need to re-encode the audio the quality doesn't bomb out.

That's because the type of loss caused by MP3 compression is different from that of OGG Vorbis or WMA, etc. etc., so if you encode from one to the next to the next, you lose a ton of quality. It's like taking a GIF and turning it into a JPEG, then into a PNG file. PNG is great, but the loss from the conversions will be traumatic, because GIF will clip the colorspace and JPEG will add artifacts.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2008, 02:56:31 am »
I didn't mean that was the only reason to keep them lossless, but I did see it sounded that way. I have my sound system, cables tv, game consoles, projector all running through a computer so I do just play raw FLAC or APE files. Not for any real reason other then I might as well.

Dream Devourer

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2008, 02:07:03 pm »
Great, now I don't know which version to get:

US version has:
-6 letter name limits
-Poster
-Bonus CD

EU version has:
-6 letter name limits
-Superior boxart

I can already see myself waiting a few months and then discover the EU version won't have any goodies...

MasaMuneCyrus

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Sir Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2008, 02:42:27 pm »
So... Do you want me to repost the FLACs, or am I not supposed to post ripped songs here?

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2008, 02:46:37 pm »
So... Do you want me to repost the FLACs, or am I not supposed to post ripped songs here?

*shrug* Not my call, but I would like a list of MP3s with it.

MasaMuneCyrus

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Sir Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2008, 02:50:45 pm »

It's in the list of needed things post, Zeality wants it... Well, I'll post it again and if the mods don't want it they can remove it, again. I won't repost it, again, after that.

Oh, and what kind of mp3 list do you have? I'm still playing the game so I don't have the complete soundtrack, yet, but there are three brand new tunes that play in the extras menu (one of the three is played at random when you enter the menu).
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 02:53:37 pm by MasaMuneCyrus »

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2008, 02:59:11 pm »

It's in the list of needed things post, Zeality wants it... Well, I'll post it again and if the mods don't want it they can remove it, again. I won't repost it, again, after that.

Oh, and what kind of mp3 list do you have? I'm still playing the game so I don't have the complete soundtrack, yet, but there are three brand new tunes that play in the extras menu (one of the three is played at random when you enter the menu).

QuickTime for Firefox3. Can't download. Set it up like the music links on the Encyclopedia.

MasaMuneCyrus

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Sir Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2008, 03:14:09 pm »
Well, I posted it in the official contributions topic, this time:
http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php?topic=6314.msg119522#msg119522

Syrek

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2009, 12:17:45 am »
Can you burn it from itunes then e-mail me those two songs?