Author Topic: Some Chrono Art.  (Read 8278 times)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: Some Chrono Art.
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2009, 07:43:28 pm »
Most epic!  I desire MORE!

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2009, 08:28:01 pm »
Looks menacing! I think I said it before, but he seems kind of Ent-like to me. Definitely a very cool take on him.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2009, 09:57:47 pm »
Geez that Lavos is creepy, its legs are nothing but muscle! Those must be some really tough muscles if they don't need skin covering. Kudos, man!

Satoh

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Am I your dream... or are you mine...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 23, 2009, 10:00:13 pm »
Now THIS is the kind of art I wanted for my cutscenes! Those are amazing!!

kid123

• Guardian (+100)
  • A millenia of unceasingly nonsensical posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 24, 2009, 04:56:37 am »
Holy cow! This is one of your best 'C' ever yet ! The C is so magnificent, I like the way how all Chrono main character are stuffed into C, and Lavos core look like the main villain of both games.Love the background resembling the Lavos Day too. It is perfect !

This is perfect to be a tribute to Crimson Echoes.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 05:10:55 am by kid123 »

anonymouse

• Porrean (+50)
  • Blown along by the wind...
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #95 on: June 24, 2009, 05:12:14 am »
Whoa O_O

Keep it coming, Sooperkreep! =D

Sooperkreep

• Earthbound (+15)
  • I asked for Kid's measurements. >=)
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 24, 2009, 03:07:15 pm »
Wow, lots of positive responses this time around, THANKS!!

Can anyone tell which is the "true" core from this image? ^_^

You know I would really like to do some CE tribute images too.
If anyone can get me a decent image capture of the Kasmir, King Zeal, and King Zeal as the Dream Lord sprites shoot 'em on over to me.
I'd gladly do some "C" themed artwork for them.  (What is Kasmir anyway? A panther demon like Lynx, or just a monster with sort of a spikey head? His head kind of looks more like a Bomb/Balloon from the Final Fantasy games.)
Also, I'll probably finish up that Modern Guardia Soldier sketch I added from before so we can have an un-official "Agent 12" portrait.  :D

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #97 on: June 24, 2009, 03:19:42 pm »
Here's a picture Chrono'99 did of King Zeal: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v167/flamestealer/KingZealsketch.jpg He's got a small beard, large blue robes similar to Queen Zeal's with gold embroidery.
Also, I think the Lavos bit on the far right of the image (his left) is the "true core" :D

Any chance of seeing Magus in the C series? So far, Dalton (or maybe Lavos) is my favourite out of that series.

Sooperkreep

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 24, 2009, 03:48:41 pm »
Here's a picture Chrono'99 did of King Zeal: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v167/flamestealer/KingZealsketch.jpg He's got a small beard, large blue robes similar to Queen Zeal's with gold embroidery.
Also, I think the Lavos bit on the far right of the image (his left) is the "true core" :D

Any chance of seeing Magus in the C series? So far, Dalton (or maybe Lavos) is my favourite out of that series.

Lol, yes indeed that is the true core ^^.  Too obvious I guess lolz. 
I was thinking of making them both completely identical but I though adding a small "presence" to one of them
would be creepier.

Sweet, work from Chrono '99.  I didn't know about the beard so that helps a bit.
It's funny back when UCT2 was around we had a similar design for a King Zeal.
I never posted any of those designs here since he was an original creation of Kenji's.
Any of the designs I made for any of his original creations on that Project I never posted anywhere else other than on that development forum.
Even so it looks like we thought along the same lines when it came to imagining what King Zeal would look like.
Mines looked very similar at first although the final UCT2 version ended up with a long beard by the end.

As far as a Magus themed "C" image, you bet there is one in the works.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 24, 2009, 04:36:42 pm »

Hell yes.

On the Lavos bit to the humanoid's left, is that a smiley face? If not, it's a happy coincidence. If so, nice attention to detail!

Satoh

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Am I your dream... or are you mine...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 24, 2009, 05:24:01 pm »
I may have a few pics for you to do... if you'd be willing to help out.

If not, I understand fully.

Sooperkreep

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 24, 2009, 05:47:57 pm »

Hell yes.

On the Lavos bit to the humanoid's left, is that a smiley face? If not, it's a happy coincidence. If so, nice attention to detail!

Lol, it's not quite a smiley face but it is a face sort of swirling around within that orb-like dome.
I intended that same effect for the face of the humanoid also. Sort of like a crystal ball type thing,
you'd see various faces just sort of coming in and out of focus.  Visions of animals, monsters, & men, they'd all
show exactly how many creatures are now a part of Lavos.

I may have a few pics for you to do... if you'd be willing to help out.

If not, I understand fully.

PM me, maybe I can help out.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 24, 2009, 08:22:44 pm »
If anyone can get me a decent image capture of the Kasmir, King Zeal, and King Zeal as the Dream Lord sprites shoot 'em on over to me.
I'd gladly do some "C" themed artwork for them.  (What is Kasmir anyway? A panther demon like Lynx, or just a monster with sort of a spikey head? His head kind of looks more like a Bomb/Balloon from the Final Fantasy games.)
Also, I'll probably finish up that Modern Guardia Soldier sketch I added from before so we can have an un-official "Agent 12" portrait.  :D

Kasmir doesn't have any artwork but his head is sort of a mix between a CT Gargoyle's head (for the general shape and eyes) and Slash's face (for the small nose and big lips). Also it's hard to tell but his two spikes are slightly asymmetrical (one is upstraight and the other goes slightly more diagonal). His legs are small compared to the rest of his body and are supposed to be like those of a rooster or eagle. Finally, his regular sword has a wavy, serpentine ridge on the blade.

There was a King Zeal in UCT2? That's intriguing. CE King Zeal's design is based on Ancient Mede/Persian Lords, although I made his beard very short or he would look like an old geezer (that and I actually made the sprites before doing the sketch, so the beard isn't visible on the sprite):

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/66/PLATE2BX.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4b/PLATE3DX.jpg

King Zeal as the Dream Lord looks like a living version of the demon statue from Magus's summoning room, but with a bit of hair remaining (and blending into his curvy horns) and a bead necklace, really huge spikes growing directly out of his back, and actual legs, although he's down on his knees. You can wonder if he can actually stand upstraight with that much weight on his back (just as you can wonder if he's controling the fusion or is being submited to Lavos's will). The blue "Lavos eye" grows out of his navel when he casts a spell. His silhouette is meant to very subtly recall the Tower of Geddon from CC:

http://www.chronocompendium.com/images/wiki/8/8e/Dead_sea.png

(Random, off-topic fun fact: In one of the early plot drafts for CE, a biomechanical "Geddon" machine actually was the final boss, but it was too FFX-2-ish.)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 08:39:58 pm by Chrono'99 »

Sooperkreep

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 25, 2009, 02:59:19 pm »
Awesome!
These will help a lot, Chrono'99.

Stay tuned!

Sooperkreep

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 13, 2009, 05:25:22 pm »
Wow! Has it been THIS long already?!

Where does the time go?
As some of you know I have a few Chrono Illustrations in progress already.
Of course every now and then I like to dabble in other forms of art and for those of you who have visited my
Deviant Art site may know one of those OTHER arts is custom building action figures of
characters that have not or may not ever get the opportunity to become immortalized in plastic.

Well after searching high and low all over the net I came to find that other than the wonderful custom's our very own
Pandor has worked on there are no OTHER Chrono Trigger figure goodies around.  Now I know all us Chrono Fans are used to getting
shafted when it comes to NEW content from our beloved series', we can only take it for so long.

So here is what I hope will be the first of many new Chrono Series action figures.
It's a fully painted fully articulated action figure.
Since it's my first in this true anime-ish style I'd like to know what you all think before I move on with more of them.
Should I stick with the traditional Toriyama style when applicable? Or try something new at times, like using one of my various redesigns
as the style guide. ie like make a Lavos in my style rather than the original design?

Anyhow, without further delay here is CT-01 : Magus (Chrono Trigger Version)