Author Topic: Some Chrono Art.  (Read 8264 times)

Yourgingerestfan

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
Re: Some Chrono Art.
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2008, 11:57:45 am »
Wow i really like your picture but as faust says i would love to see her covered up a bit ....

http://www.chronocompendium.com/images/wiki/7/7c/110.jpg

I for one love the sort of bandana/tasel wearing kid with high boots

Zipp Dementia

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2008, 03:39:42 pm »
Some good work here.  I think of particular note are Kid, Ayla, and Lavos.  Some of the others have a more rushed, flat look, to them, but those three are tops.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2008, 01:28:05 am »
If I had to pick three faves out of the art Sooper's presented so far, mine would be Marle, Lavos, and Magus. Haha, I guess Lavos gets two votes so far. Gotta love the interpretation of the Mammon Machine too.

Sooperkreep

• Earthbound (+15)
  • I asked for Kid's measurements. >=)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2008, 12:07:18 pm »
Thanks again all.  I'll have more stuff posted soon.

In resposne to this however:
I still wonder what she'd look like in alternative clothing, maybe some kind of official Guardian military uniform. Somehow I don't see Magil letting her run around in that nonexistent skirt forever.

& this,

Wow i really like your picture but as faust says i would love to see her covered up a bit ....

And now this is more in relation to the impending fan project rather than random fan art.
Other than the art style the changes I made to the CT characters you'll notice were minor overall.
For the most part if you saw only the character's silhouettes you would still know who they were
I make sure to keep that in mind anytime I redesign an existing character.
Case in point like when the project I was working on at the time called for a drastic re-design on Robo and Frog
some of you on this very thread mentioned how they looked a little TOO different.

In Kid's case part of her reckless abandon is illustrated by the way she dresses.  She's a tomboy that hasn't quite figured out how attractive she's becoming and is a bit of a tease(in Radical Dreamers especially). It's as much a signature to her character as Chrono's punk hairdo and Luccas Huge glasses.  It very much defines her.  We all know that she isn't very lady-like so we wouldn't expect her to dress as such in game. She's literally the exact opposite of Schala when it comes to wardrobe and I'm quite sure that was no accident.  Bear in mind also that her character/wardrobe design survived through RD into CC since it fit her so well, that being the case I'm not so sure it's something we should ever really fool around with unless it's for some specifically themed fan art scenario.  In short, sure we can change the way Kid dresses but I guarantee that we'll have to tell people "Yeah, that's Kid." rather than them already knowing it right off the bat. 

My 2 cents. 8)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2008, 12:12:50 pm »
Totally agreed on the reasoning behind Kid's wardrobe, Sooper, and that was an excellent way of describing it. If there were to be a wardrobe change in CC:DBT at all, it would be a midgame switch, with her starting out as-is. However, it's really the least of our concerns art and model-wise at this point.

Looking forward to more!

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2008, 11:32:03 pm »
Still seems like she'd just get uncomfortable in the non-skirt thing...She'd either be constantly tugging it down or constantly stabbing peepers...>_>

The Mammon Machine is great...it's got a nice edge to it that brings to mind American comics of the early 90's...maybe something like early McFarlane...

Magus is nice...Again I didn't like the green in the armor so much...His earrings are also a bit meh to me...without his dangley triangles, it just doesn't seem like Magus to me...and his face just seems weird to me too...Maybe I'm too used to seeing him in Toriyama's style...*shrugs*

Lavos is pretty awesome as well...I want to see that in a movie...Talk about freaky alien menace. That's dead on.

Schala & Kid are good too...idk how much I like Schala's new more-like-Kid bangs though...

Anyways, keep it up...I'd rather see renditions of some of the other bosses rather than someone like Dalton, though...or maybe even Toma (mustache away!)...

Sooperkreep

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2008, 01:43:35 am »
Comfortability is rarely an issue for most anime/game characters or super hero types.  Although, considering she's in a tropical environment I think her "bathing suit" approach is very appropriate.  I don't know if any of you have ever played Final Fantasy XI but there is a swimsuit costume that you can gear female characters with that looks a lot like Kid's costume.  Basically it's a small skirt/wrap around the waist sort of covering the swimming subligar and a short "sports" top. The colors are different of course but the core design is very similar.

Anyway, glad you liked some of the pieces and yeah I still have some redesigned monsters(Zombor, Imps,Debuggers,etc.) that never saw completion from the UCT2 project so I'll post them soon.  I have an old Dalton piece that I need to color that I'll also post but for now here's the star of Radical Dreamers and Chrono Cross, the assassin of time himself, Serge.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 02:47:23 am by Sooperkreep »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2008, 01:48:38 am »
YEAH!  :lee:

Thanks for posting, Serge is superb. I think you got him just right.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2008, 10:47:21 pm »
Man all those pics look sweet!  Throwin' in a lil Devil's Advocate/nitpicking..isn't Frog left handed?

But really those look great!

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2008, 03:21:59 pm »
Throwin' in a lil Devil's Advocate/nitpicking..isn't Frog left handed?

Damn straight he is.

Sooperkreep

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2008, 03:55:07 pm »
The original Frog drawing is also left handed.  Once I got it into photoshop I mirrored the image so it would fit better as part of the group shot not even realizing I was changing his typical battle stance.  Ah well, it's easy enough to fix and I should have a new version of Frog / Glenn up in the next few weeks anyhow.

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2008, 11:57:35 pm »
This is the best fanart I have EVER seen. God, I love this website.

Sooperkreep

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2008, 01:14:44 am »
Hello again all, I hope everyone is having some groovy holiday fun.

Once again thank you to all of you have messaged me and commented on this thread. I'm glad you are enjoying the artwork.
I'm always on the lookout for some of my older stuff but I also hope to get some new stuff started soon.
Although, I guess I made so many changes/corrections to the last few pieces you can consider them new. :lol:

Anyway, stay tuned there's a lot more to come.

This next pic is an older Magus piece I fixed up.
There wasn't much of a drawing here at first honestly but I really liked the look on his face so I went on ahead and gave it some color.

Sooperkreep

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2008, 01:31:31 am »
This next piece went uncolored for SO long.
I almost forgot I drew it. Not how one should treat a vengeful Goddess.

She provided me with one of my favorite Boss encounters in Chrono Cross.
She was just so bizarre looking. Like Lavos' inner core she is a horror to behold.
A machine that wants to walk like a man...or a woman in this case.

I imagined her/it to sort of fully form itself from piles of metallic scraps and exposed servos.
She is able to control human minds and morph even human flesh like clay.
She who vanquished some of our greatest heroes and even conquered a fearsome God.

Still ...she loves you so much...

That is why she
   sometimes desires to
   smash you to bits!!!

The Goddes,FATE.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2008, 01:35:41 am »
Scary stuff sooper! I meant that in a good way.