Author Topic: CT DS - Needed Items [Contribute Inside]  (Read 42124 times)

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
Re: CT DS - Needed Items [Contribute Inside]
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2008, 08:57:53 am »
Damn, you are totally on the ball. I didn't expect to get an answer until after I went to bed. Thanks a lot.

Talking to me?  :? <(???)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2008, 09:01:16 am »
Kamiyu, I guess. Two last things:

In what dungeon areas are the Dreamreaper and Shadowplume Robe found?

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2008, 09:04:16 am »
You get the Dreamreaper after beating Dream Devourer 1st time... Shadowplume Robe was that lava cave in the 1000 AD vortex I think... But I can't say that one for sure, sorry

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2008, 09:27:44 am »
Item List updated with helmets.

Isi

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2008, 11:00:40 am »
Actually, as was mentioned earlier in the topic, the Dreamreaper is found in the 1000 AD Dimensional Vortex. The ShadowPlume robe is found in the 12 000 BC one. And the Venus Bow is also found in a Dimensional Vortex (I am almost sure it is also in the 12 000 BC one), but the area is the same as the cave in the Lost Sanctum area.

I also have a question: Could someone tell me where to find the lumicite shard? I think it's the only thing I'm missing.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2008, 11:08:35 am »
Oh Dreamreaper the scythe... Jeez I keep messing those names up. Yeah it's 1000 AD vortex

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2008, 12:31:03 pm »
Actually, as was mentioned earlier in the topic, the Dreamreaper is found in the 1000 AD Dimensional Vortex. The ShadowPlume robe is found in the 12 000 BC one. And the Venus Bow is also found in a Dimensional Vortex (I am almost sure it is also in the 12 000 BC one), but the area is the same as the cave in the Lost Sanctum area.

I also have a question: Could someone tell me where to find the lumicite shard? I think it's the only thing I'm missing.

Go to the second Emerald Mountain screen in 600 A.D., and keep entering and exiting. Towards the top, a Wonder Rock should eventually appear. Be ready to Charm.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2008, 01:08:33 pm »
What is it used for anyway?

shinja

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2008, 01:45:05 pm »
I don't have the original Japanese with me, but can anyone go ahead and compare Dream Devourer to Cross's Time Devourer? If they're homogenous, then yech, someone's going to pay in the US localization team.

Japanese for "Time Devourer" from Chrono Cross:

時喰い  

The first Kanji means "Time".
The second one means "to eat" but in a vulgar sense that only men would use (or women, like Kid, who talk like men).  It can also mean "to consume time or resources", which I thought was a fitting definition. ;)  Anyway, "devour" is a decent translation of this verb.
The last character turns the second one from a verb into a noun.  So I guess it could go from "to devour" to "devourer".

Japanese for "Dream Devourer" from Chrono Trigger DS:

夢喰い

The first one means "Dream".
The last two are the same ("devourer").  

So yeah, they're different, but obviously related.

Dreams are almost as important a theme in both games as Time is.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2008, 02:12:17 pm »
I don't have the original Japanese with me, but can anyone go ahead and compare Dream Devourer to Cross's Time Devourer? If they're homogenous, then yech, someone's going to pay in the US localization team.

Japanese for "Time Devourer" from Chrono Cross:

時喰い  

The first Kanji means "Time".
The second one means "to eat" but in a vulgar sense that only men would use (or women, like Kid, who talk like men).  It can also mean "to consume time or resources", which I thought was a fitting definition. ;)  Anyway, "devour" is a decent translation of this verb.
The last character turns the second one from a verb into a noun.  So I guess it could go from "to devour" to "devourer".

Japanese for "Dream Devourer" from Chrono Trigger DS:

夢喰い

The first one means "Dream".
The last two are the same ("devourer").  

So yeah, they're different, but obviously related.

Dreams are almost as important a theme in both games as Time is.

That supports the theory that the Dream Devourer is the Time Devourer in the early stages of its evolution. Said theory is also supported by the presence of Schala and the fact that she mentions Lavos swallowing her awareness. Further support comes from the fact that the Dream Devourer resembles Lavos himself a bit.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2008, 07:08:56 pm »
All items are labeled.

Isi

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2008, 07:26:00 pm »

Go to the second Emerald Mountain screen in 600 A.D., and keep entering and exiting. Towards the top, a Wonder Rock should eventually appear. Be ready to Charm.

Thanks. I had already found a Wonder Rock in the 12 000 BC Dimensional Vortex, but didn't know they dropped/could be charmed for a lumicite. I went there again (I tried for a bit at the Emerald Mountain but it just didn't want to show up :() and found it on the second try.

And Dark Serge, it's used to get Elemental Aegis, an armor for Lucca that apparently nullifies elemental damage. You need to give it to a Reptite in the Lost Sanctum in 600 AD.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2008, 07:29:17 pm »

Thanks. I had already found a Wonder Rock in the 12 000 BC Dimensional Vortex, but didn't know they dropped/could be charmed for a lumicite. I went there again (I tried for a bit at the Emerald Mountain but it just didn't want to show up :() and found it on the second try.

And Dark Serge, it's used to get Elemental Aegis, an armor for Lucca that apparently nullifies elemental damage. You need to give it to a Reptite in the Lost Sanctum in 600 AD.

Those bastards! Why only Lucca?

Isi

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2008, 07:38:40 pm »
I have no idea why it's Lucca only, but I prefer to give her an Angel's Tiara and Regal Gown anyway: Auto-Haste, Auto-Protect, Auto-Barrier AND Status Immunity. What's not to like? :)

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2008, 07:39:26 pm »
I have no idea why it's Lucca only, but I prefer to give her an Angel's Tiara and Regal Gown anyway: Auto-Haste, Auto-Protect, Auto-Barrier AND Status Immunity. What's not to like? :)

If they don't have equivalents for the rest of the party, they are so lynched.