Author Topic: CT DS - Needed Items [Contribute Inside]  (Read 42345 times)

Isi

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: CT DS - Needed Items [Contribute Inside]
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2008, 07:55:41 pm »
Well, those two items can be equipped on any of the girls (but you only get one of each in a game). Except for Magus, the guys can only get Haste and Status Immunity, or Protect and Status Immunity, as there are no new items that give them those traits.

You have the ShadowPlume robe for Magus that gives Auto-Barrier, so you could have him get Auto-Haste and Auto-Barrier, or Status Immunity and Auto-Barrier in addition the the options available to the others.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2008, 08:47:48 pm »
Can someone just make a list of all the best all-round equipment available for all characters please? I can't decide what to use.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2008, 08:54:38 pm »
Can someone just make a list of all the best all-round equipment available for all characters please? I can't decide what to use.

Seconded. Would really help in the long run.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2008, 09:22:12 pm »

Seconded. Would really help in the long run.

Totally, I have one for the SNES version, but now it needs an upgrade.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2008, 09:41:03 pm »
Sux, don't it Sarge?

Isi

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2008, 09:47:05 pm »
Well, my personal opinion is that Haste Helms and Nova Armors are still the best for the guys (although you might wish to equip stuff that boosts Magic Defense if they haven't maxed it yet), and you can even get 3 Haste Helms per playthrough now (as opposed to only 2 in the SNES version).
The best for the girls has to be the Angel Tiara and the Regal Gown, as I've mentioned previously (but you only get one per playthrough unfortunately).

There are still some items that might be useful, like the Master's Crown for males, which grants Status Immunity and gives a boost similar to the Sunshades (and it stacks with Prism Spectacles :)), the Saurian Leathers, a decent armor that also gives +3 speed and +3 strength, the Elemental Aegis seems like a nice armor for Lucca, and the ShadowPlume Robe gives Magus Auto-Barrier (and I think it's his best armor defense wise). This are the ones I remember right now, I might make a more decent comparison tomorrow morning, but I'm going to sleep now.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2008, 09:55:26 pm »
The only character whose ideal equipment I remember is...

CRONO

Rainbow
Prism Helm
Moon Armor
FrenzyBand

Can't remember how high I got his LV, or his best stats before I lost my NewGame+ series.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2008, 10:06:50 pm »

CRONO

Rainbow
Prism Helm
Moon Armor
FrenzyBand

Can't remember how high I got his LV, or his best stats before I lost my NewGame+ series.

I gave him a Gold Stud instead. But now, when his magic defense gets at **, I'll give him the Regal Plate. With the Dreamseeker, he will not need the extra strength of the Dragon Armor.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2008, 10:10:42 pm »

CRONO

Rainbow
Prism Helm
Moon Armor
FrenzyBand

I gave him a Gold Stud instead. But now, when his magic defense gets at **, I'll give him the Regal Plate. With the Dreamseeker, he will not need the extra strength of the Dragon Armor.

Everyone has their tastes. I loved the FrenzyBand's effect, combined with the Rainbow's Critical Rate. Can you say, PWNED? (JK)

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2008, 10:21:51 pm »

CRONO

Rainbow
Prism Helm
Moon Armor
FrenzyBand

Everyone has their tastes. I loved the FrenzyBand's effect, combined with the Rainbow's Critical Rate. Can you say, PWNED? (JK)

Well, the Gold Stud was just to not worry that much of MP to cast Luminaire, but now with the Dreamseeker, the Wrath (Frenzy) Band now sounds like the best choice. For physical attacking, that is.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2008, 10:35:05 pm »

CRONO

Rainbow
Prism Helm
Moon Armor
FrenzyBand

Well, the Gold Stud was just to not worry that much of MP to cast Luminaire, but now with the Dreamseeker, the Wrath (Frenzy) Band now sounds like the best choice. For physical attacking, that is.

I remember having Crono so powerful that you could use Confuse once and a regular attack (I don't think it mattered if it was Critical or not) to kill the left Lavos Core bit (the one who is healed by magic). That was kickass.

Kamiyu Bidan

• Iokan (+1)
  • CT2 on the way?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2008, 12:28:21 am »
just here to post the Fruit and the Mushroom Locations

http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?image=items2jv5.jpg

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2008, 12:44:11 am »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2008, 01:20:45 am »
He's contributing as requested. Unusual lately in this thread, isn't it?

Isi

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2008, 07:49:28 am »
I decided to use the Treasure Atlas function to show the location of the new equipment in the Dimensional Vortex, which I've attached to the post. Curiously there are two areas in the Dimensional Vortex for 2 300 AD that I don't remember seeing, and there was a Master Crown in one of them.

And for me Crono's ideal equipment was Rainbow, Haste Helm, Nova Armor, Golden Stud. The defense given by these items is lower than Prism Helm and Moon Armor, but I decided Auto-Haste was more useful (it's only 8 less points of defense). If you liked that setup, you'll probably want a Master's Crown and Regal Plate for him. The Master's Crown gives the same defense as the Prism Helm and also gives Status Immunity like the Prism Helm, but gives a boost similar to the Sunglasses in addition. It doesn't give Magic Defense but you probably won't need it since the Regal Plate gives +10.

[attachment deleted by admin]