Enhasa Halls - Chrono Series Analysis > Chrono Trigger DS Analysis

CT DS - Needed Items [Contribute Inside]

(1/15) > >>

ZeaLitY:
SPOILERS

Here are things that we need to complete coverage of Chrono Trigger DS and facilitate the fan community's analysis of the game.

1. Dialogue Script - IN PROGRESS

We need to rip the script of the game if we ever hope to conclusively track down all relevant changes. Having a script will also facilitate discussion as the meaning of statements regarding the new content can be debated. The script will be presented in a dual Japanese / English text file, at which point work would begin on a spreadsheet containing columns for the original Japanese, the new Japanese, the original English, the Tom Slattery CT DS English, and finally the KWhazit retranslation, which will probably continue to serve as the canonical standard. The text script will be posted to GameFAQs as soon as it's ready.

Currently, Vehek is experimenting with script dumping.

2. Promo Music Rip - COMPLETE

Someone should use EAC to make a lossless rip of the two-disc promotional music CD that came with the game, and also scan the cover artwork and disc. It will be put in the Chrono Series Music Archive.

3. DBT / Time's Eclipse - CONFIRMED SAME

Shinja has confirmed that Time's Eclipse is the Darkness Beyond Time.

Someone needs to compare the Japanese for "Darkness Beyond Time" as used in Chrono Cross to the Japanese for "Time's Eclipse" as used in CT DS to determine if they're the same area and Tom Slattery simply chose a different translation than Richard Honeywood. This has a LOT of plot bearing, so the sooner the better!

4. Guides - IN PROCESS OF ACQUISITION FROM GAMEFAQS

Not for GameFAQs, but for Compendium coverage the new content in general. We need healthy guides to the Lost Sanctum and the Dimensional Distortion dungeons, as well as the Arena of the Ages (which should include a monster evolution chart). Work is going on here and the results will be posted at the Chrono Trigger DS encyclopedia page.

5. Item List

I guess this could fall under script, but a list of all the items and they're attributes could help us separate and present the new content well. Even I seemed to miss a few new items in my run-through.

6. Graphics

For purposes of encyclopedia presentation and discussion, we need good images of the game's graphics -- especially of the Dream Devourer, including images of it without Schala, with Schala, in its natural element in the Time's Eclipse, and perhaps one with Schala standing inside. We'll also need sprite sheets for the new monsters, like the Smidge, and the new palette-swapped monsters. I'm sure there's some easy way to take the sprite sheet of an original Omnicron and apply a palette from CT DS to simplify things, but it's not my forte.

7. Analysis

The analysis HQ is at this thread.

8. Commercial

Someone can translate this DS commercial (what's Magus saying?): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=695wPKH3ihk

9. Dream Devourer / Time Devourer JP Comparison - DIFFERENT

We should find out if the Dream Devourer and Time Devourer have the same JP name.

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php?topic=6314.msg119073#msg119073

~~~~

More will be added as needed.

Romana:
I've been working on the changed items and locations, but I'm missing a lot of equipment due to trying to rush through the game. So if anyone can fill in those gaps...

justin3009:
I'll also help with the items.

Shadow D. Darkman:

--- Quote from: ZeaLitY on November 24, 2008, 07:21:14 am ---1. Dialogue Script - IN PROGRESS

We need to rip the script of the game if we ever hope to conclusively track down all relevant changes. Having a script will also facilitate discussion as the meaning of statements regarding the new content can be debated. The script will be presented in a dual Japanese / English text file, at which point work would begin on a spreadsheet containing columns for the original Japanese, the new Japanese, the original English, the Tom Slattery CT DS English, and finally the KWhazit retranslation, which will probably continue to serve as the canonical standard. The text script will be posted to GameFAQs as soon as it's ready.

Currently, Vehek is experimenting with script dumping.

--- End quote ---

Please PM me when the script is done and where to find it. I would love to read it.

Dark Serge:
Speaking about items, anyone know what currently the best equipment is for Chrono, Magus, and Marle? I got the Dreamweaver and Master's Crown for Chrono, but haven't found any armor for him yet that's better then the Moonbeam Armor. For Magus I only found the Shadowpume Robe, apart from that I didn't find any equipment for him better then his equipment from Ozzie's Lair. For Ayla I found nada, nothing better then Prism Helmet + Prism Dress

I would love to know if there is any better equipment out there for these characters

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version