Author Topic: Chrono Trigger DS - Reactions (Spoilers)  (Read 5981 times)

mikeb123

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger DS - Reactions (Spoilers)
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2008, 11:54:03 pm »
Although Magus's fate was rather tragic, I feel that to some extent we should be happy for him. He was given a life without his tragic past or his     never ending lust for the resolution of what happened to his sister. Though what he did with this chance was a shame. Not only did he hide his identity  from the world, but he also hid it from himself, leaving him a shell of the man he once was. I thought the new ending was excellent in that it let so much open to build on by speculation.

LavosFan

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2008, 12:19:40 am »
GIHARGH!! finished the game in about 4 days last week and it was great playing it again. I didn't enjoy the Lost Sanctum as much just like everybody else. It wouldn't have been that bad if they didn't make those goddamn yellow frogs and black rats unavoidable, and the same goes for the birds that even required magic to be killed. Throughout the whole Lost Sanctum I was wishing I was Indian or something so that I could eat rats and frogs without barfing, but whatever.

Anyways, the possibility that the Lost Sanctum is the Reptite Dimension doesn't seem too farfetched to me. Sure, they were nice to humans which was weird, but keep in mind that these humans had just killed off the monsters they had so much trouble dealing with, messing with them would be begging to be slaughtered. Plus, its not like they were that nice. Their first reaction was "what?! this apes killed off the monsters?! that's impossible!" and whenever the party would tell them they saved them because they were friends, the reptites would reply with "you consider us friends?" But who knows.

I also loved Dalton going from circus clown to complete super stardom. Crono, Marle and Lucca sure are going to learn not to underestimate him anymore...if they even survived that is, huhoho!

Blackcaped_imp

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2008, 04:36:33 pm »
I finished the game a week ago. It was cool to play ct again. I feel like the events in the new parts of the ds game are made to link some things to cc. First of all, i do believe that the sanctum is a beginning of the Dragonian Dimension, and maybe its just the start of it, there's no development or anything. The thing with the altar and the prismastones are to resemble the chrono cross, maybe some sort of ritual that would be used in the coming days of the reptites, that would lead to the chrono cross in the end. I just want to believe it but i also think that the tower (the one after the bridge that the Nu guardian builds) is also to resemble Terra tower, or some inspiration to the reptites to start to build in that kind of way since it had a place to workship their saviors, it has some importance after all. I think the development team wanted to tie up ct and cc more with these events, with some events that, with the effort and time, and the relation to nature, would become in some of the aspects shown in cc.
About Magus, I would like to see more and not just jump into conclusions yet, since it is pretty vague that maybe he may not be from the same dimension as the party, or how much time has gone since he (and his party, as he says we in the event) owned Lavos, and the possible future for him after we see him in that forest in the end. I hope a new game (as we have  always  prayed) come to shed some light to this.

The Black Wind

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2008, 04:57:02 pm »
While I was one of the first persons to call Time's Eclipse Magus "Future Magus", I'm reclutant to do it now. He could be a future Magus, but not the future Magus from your party, due to gameplay mechanics: if you kill Magus, he stills appear at the ending, and Chrono Trigger is always very consistent showing in endings what you did in the game (Frog being human, Lara walking or not, etc), I elaborated on this on its own topic.

My theory is that he is and he isn't. Because the canon ending of Chrono Trigger is ending #1 in which Crono and Magus are both alive and Lavos is destroyed, that the Magus we see at Time's Eclipse is the one that left the party to search for Schala. Whether or not he is "Future Magus" depends on the player's choices during the game.

The Prophet

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2008, 07:35:37 pm »
I also agree with you, Zeality, I was a little puzzled on what the Lost Sanctum was, was it the envisioned world that Azala wanted? Or was it just a simple distortion of time that was created?