Enhasa Halls - Chrono Series Analysis > Chrono Trigger DS Analysis

Chrono Trigger DS Analysis HQ (Spoiler Spoiler, of course)

<< < (2/147) > >>

FaustWolf:
Kato didn't even know Guile was Magus until sometime after Chrono Cross -- he specifically stated in an interview that Magus was removed from Cross because he couldn't possibly tell Magus' story and deal with 40-odd other characters simulaneously. I think this is Kato's way of explaining what happened to Magus while opening up the possibility for a Magus-centric sequel.

Dark Serge:
As I understand it, Chrono & crew defeat Lavos, then Dream Devourer, then 5 years later, anno 1005 AD Dalton attacks with a massive army and destroys Guardia. Chrono and Marle either die or escape. Lucca had an orphanga with several children around that time but it was destroyed by Lynx, not by Dalton. It's impossible to say when that happened.

As for Robo, he worked with Belthasar on Project Kid and served as the Prometheus circuit in the FATE master computer.

Ayla and Glenn... No idea what could have happened to them. They probably lived out their own timelines and eventually died of age.

Eket:

--- Quote from: Dark Serge on November 22, 2008, 07:59:43 pm ---As I understand it, Chrono & crew defeat Lavos, then Dream Devourer, then 5 years later, anno 1005 AD Dalton attacks with a massive army and destroys Guardia. Chrono and Marle either die or escape. Lucca had an orphanga with several children around that time but it was destroyed by Lynx, not by Dalton. It's impossible to say when that happened.

As for Robo, he worked with Belthasar on Project Kid and served as the Prometheus circuit in the FATE master computer.

Ayla and Glenn... No idea what could have happened to them. They probably lived out their own timelines and eventually died of age.

--- End quote ---

And this just completely does not make sense anymore. Crono, Marle and Lucca know what Dalton is planning now. It would be foolish to just brush it aside, sure they bested him in combat like 3 times. But that also means he returned twice despite those odds. Doesn't sit right with me, that Crono, Marle and Lucca completely ignore it when they get back to 1000AD.

I've put some thought into that. You fight Dalton in 1000AD's new dimensional thing. I haven't read anywhere that Dalton can be encountered in the other timezones. Lavos is defeated and the timegates dissapear, right? Sure there's the timedevourer now, but CC didn't have timegates either. The timegates are gone. Dalton has to be in 1000AD and starts building the Porre army at that time. Probably with Elements and advanced technology. I just can't understand why Crono and Co would ignore Dalton now.

They don't need to beat the entire Porre army. They just need to defeat Dalton before he fulfills his plan. In 600AD they didn't fight Magus' entire army, they went covert on his ass and snuck in. DarkSerge, I know you absolutely love Dalton and his involvement with Guardia. Happy for you it's now part of Canon, but it raises more questions than it actually answers. Which is probably what Kato wants... but he really took the easy way out with this new material. Magus gets amnesia. Come on even i can suck something more interesting out of my thumb.

Acacia Sgt:
The whole thing with the Dream Devourer could be easier to understand if it wasn't for the party appearing there. If they weren't, the whole thing could have gone like this:

1) Lavos is defeated.
2) Dream Devourer is born.
3) Magus somehow founds his way to where it is.
4) Magus attempts to kill it, but he can't.
5) Schala sends him away, where he decides to wipe out his memory.
6) Magus appears in the forest with amnesia.

From there, I'm not sure, but it could work if only Crono and the others doesn't appear there. Maybe, just maybe, going there is optional, but the events happening in there definetly not. Just a thought.

Even so, I don't like that he got amnesia in the end. If he could have only decided to just try again, and found a way to contact Belthasar, but no, not always things go as you want them.

Dark Serge:

--- Quote from: Eket on November 22, 2008, 08:11:45 pm ---
--- Quote from: Dark Serge on November 22, 2008, 07:59:43 pm ---As I understand it, Chrono & crew defeat Lavos, then Dream Devourer, then 5 years later, anno 1005 AD Dalton attacks with a massive army and destroys Guardia. Chrono and Marle either die or escape. Lucca had an orphanga with several children around that time but it was destroyed by Lynx, not by Dalton. It's impossible to say when that happened.

--- End quote ---

And this just completely does not make sense anymore. Crono, Marle and Lucca know what Dalton is planning now. It would be foolish to just brush it aside, sure they bested him in combat like 3 times. But that also means he returned twice despite those odds. Doesn't sit right with me, that Crono, Marle and Lucca completely ignore it when they get back to 1000AD.

I've put some thought into that. You fight Dalton in 1000AD's new dimensional thing. I haven't read anywhere that Dalton can be encountered in the other timezones. Lavos is defeated and the timegates dissapear, right? Sure there's the timedevourer now, but CC didn't have timegates either. The timegates are gone. Dalton has to be in 1000AD and starts building the Porre army at that time. Probably with Elements and advanced technology. I just can't understand why Crono and Co would ignore Dalton now.

They don't need to beat the entire Porre army. They just need to defeat Dalton before he fulfills his plan. In 600AD they didn't fight Magus' entire army, they went covert on his ass and snuck in. DarkSerge, I know you absolutely love Dalton and his involvement with Guardia. Happy for you it's now part of Canon, but it raises more questions than it actually answers. Which is probably what Kato wants... but he really took the easy way out with this new material. Magus gets amnesia. Come on even i can suck something more interesting out of my thumb.

--- End quote ---

As you see multiple times, Dalton is a clever one at getting away. Besides, he could have went into hiding. He probably indeed used elements, and perhaps even the Sun Stone and other artifacts to boost the power of his army. Yes, they knew his plot. Yes, they probably tried to find him and defeat him (but apparently failed), and yes they probably prepared for battle. Bottom line is it just wasn't enough. Dalton really is no idiot. He can control Golems, and as you see in the Vortex he has a large selection of new powerful spells. He's also quite good with technology and engineering. Despite their efforts, Dalton was just stronger in the end.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version