Author Topic: Chrono Trigger - Schala Project (Community Project)  (Read 42366 times)

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Chrono Trigger - Schala Project
« Reply #240 on: December 18, 2008, 02:21:44 pm »
The FF9 font is excellent.

Chocobo_Fan

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Is there no salvation in all the world?
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 18, 2008, 03:39:38 pm »
Yeah, the FF9 font looks pretty good. Better than the original font, anyway. We can add more text like this, woo! :D

(Oh, and note that we'll need the six-letter name patch to display Schala's full name. Is it possible to make stats and names VWF as well?)

How can you make it so Schala plays a bigger role, Justin? I'm open to ideas, my part is nearly done.

And dah, are we going to use the Head Daltonite or Mecha-Dalton? >.< Justin's decision is pretty much final, so, uh, what do you think we should use, Justin?

Updated the tech list with two new techs, and I'm about to change DD Schala's line to "Darkness of Time", since that's the more accurate translation. (Though "Darkness Beyond Time" sounds cooler. :p) And yes, Time's Eclipse is a mistranslation. (I have to commend Tom Slattery for doing a good job on the rest of the game, but he did a very poor job with the new ending, I think...)

Edit: Changed the line, and also did a bit of script polishing. I also gave ideas for where her weapons could be found.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 03:47:22 pm by Chocobo_Fan »

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #242 on: December 18, 2008, 04:26:16 pm »
I thought we decided on Head Daltonite--less sprite work, doncha know. And I guess to give Schala a bigger role you could have her "temporarily" join you after she's cured and gives her little dialog about how she can't join you. After that the team goes and apprehends the Daltonites or something, then she goes on with her dialog about he she wants to join the team. Then again, I'm not Justin, maybe he'll give you a better idea.

Oh and what's Pestilence gonna look like in-battle form? Recolor of an existing enemy or a whole new thing? Is it still mist-like, or is it some kind of monstrosity.

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 18, 2008, 04:30:36 pm »
Head Daltonite it is then. Apprehending the Daltonites... Why didn't I think of that before! >.< Okay, sure, she can join you temporarily to apprehend the Daltonites, then she leaves, then IF YOU HAD JANUS IN YOUR PARTY DURING THE QUEST, she joins when you leave in the Epoch.

Also, what do people think of the new techs?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 04:32:18 pm by Chocobo_Fan »

mav

• View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #244 on: December 18, 2008, 05:29:08 pm »
Gaia's Dream sounds ridiculously powerful, but all the techs sound pretty decent. I'm trying to see what current triple techs exist, so we can get a better idea for some of the leftovers...Maybe for her triple tech with Crono and Robo you could have it be another defensive tech? It could play out similar to Life Line, just substitute Marle's Life 2 with Guardian, or something--good luck naming that one. I'll see if I can come up with a couple more...she just has so many techs, it's getting intense.

EDIT: For triple tech with Marle and Glenn: Ice 2, Frog Squash, Comet. Call it Ice Age or something.

I'm terrible at this--don't use 'em if they're half as bad as I think they are.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 05:34:54 pm by mav »

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 18, 2008, 05:34:38 pm »
Omega Flare is ridiculously powerful as well, though with a gemstone (and it should be difficult to get, maybe a hidden chest in some difficult dungeon...) it can be excused, hopefully. :p

(Oh, what if you could find a way under the ocean and explore, say, the Zeal ruins? That would be an interesting sidequest, perhaps a good way to place the Jeweled Knife and the Rainbow Gemstone... It shouldn't just be in the chest though. Perhaps a difficult optional boss somewhere in the dungeon has it...)

Also, we already have Angel's Blessing, I don't think we need another Lifeline copy... :/

Ice Age sounds...interesting, though we need a better name. Also, replace Frog Squash with Water II.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 05:43:56 pm by Chocobo_Fan »

mav

• View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #246 on: December 18, 2008, 05:39:18 pm »
Yeah, some kind of Zeal Dungeon would be neat--and it'd be a neat hideout for the Daltonites as well. Fill it up with some good treasure and enemies, and that'd be one hell of a quest.

I gotta admit, after rereading your techs, I have some serious respect for you--it's no easy task to come up with techs, give 'em a good name, and make them...not ridiculous.

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 18, 2008, 05:48:01 pm »
Okay, I have an idea of sorts... Add apprehending the Daltonites, maybe yet another boss, perhaps the Golem Overlord... Then, if you go into a secret room or something, you can find an old Skyway... If Schala's in your party, she can activate it, and stepping on it brings you under the sea to the Zeal Ruins, and...stuff happens from there. Should be pretty interesting and related to Zeal, perhaps I can use the mirror idea there...

Edit: Whoops, I already have a triple tech with Marle and Glenn. (Starlight) Though it would be interesting to have a Water version of Meteor...
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 05:52:27 pm by Chocobo_Fan »

mav

• View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #248 on: December 18, 2008, 06:15:01 pm »
I think we need another boss, so I'm all for it--and this may be a way to explain the Golem Overlord some more, so that sounds good too. Hopefully adding the Zeal Ruins won't mean too much coding or work for Justin and whoever is doing the hacking...if it's not too much work, then yeah, it'd be a good side-side-quest.

Here's a possible triple tech with Crono and Robo: Cyclone, Guardian, Laser Spin. It'd basically be a Guardian for all allies.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 18, 2008, 06:15:45 pm »
I thought we decided on not using the mirror?  And yes please, Daltonites is by far the best choice.

mav

• View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #250 on: December 18, 2008, 06:27:10 pm »
True, true: the mirror might complicate the existing storyline we're trying to go with. Honestly, apprehending the Daltonites should be the complete focus. Going through a brand new dungeon will add enough to the side-quest, once some new dialog is added.

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 18, 2008, 06:41:24 pm »
Oh! I know. Instead of having the Daltonite's lair leading to the Zeal Ruins, you go to the place you fought the Head Daltonite and apprehend some of them. Everyone seems content, Schala says her whole ending dialog, and you can get her to join the party. Then, if you talk to the people at Surviving Village, they say they think something's suspicious with the Daltonites or something. If you go back to the Daltonites' Lair, you can find the deactivated Skyway. If Schala's with, she activates it, and it takes you to the Zeal Ruins, the true lair of the Daltonites. There's a side passage their that leads to Zeal's treasury, but it's guarded by the mirror, who's an optional boss, and only does funky stuff like create dark clones of the characters and use life draining spells and whatnot. If you defeat it, you can access the treasury, which contains the Jeweled Knife and Rainbow Gemstone. (among other things) Then, at the end of the dungeon, you face off against the Golem Overlord/Mecha-Dalton, completing the quest. (Maybe there can be a flashback sequence from Schala's time in Zeal, if it's not too much trouble...)

What do you think of that idea? Also, I updated the tech list with descriptions for almost all of the techs. (Still need a few more Triples, though) However, Guardian for all allies wouldn't make sense, since Temporal Guardian and Sacred Protection already do that, plus giving an added bonus...

(Oh, and once the tech list is complete, I'd really like it if someone could do a tech-by-tech review of it... It would take a long time, I know, but it would really help and give lots of good feedback... If it's not too much trouble, of course.)

Well, I'll get back to writing script for the new Daltonite addition.

mav

• View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #252 on: December 18, 2008, 06:54:07 pm »
Heh, we're overworking you and I'm starting to feel bad. Anyhow, that all sounds pretty decent--but let's hold off on the Mirror though...but having an optional boss guarding the treasure sounds like a good idea. Otherwise everything you mentioned seemed perfect.

I'm looking at some leftover techniques...you could do a combination including Spincut and Laser Spin for a triple tech. I don't know which of Schala's techs you wanna toss in there...if you use Holy it might end up too close to Holy Cross or Holy Smite. And I don't really know how Comet would fit in to all that.

EDIT: I'll just start throwing tech ideas out there, feel free to reject/accept any of 'em:
Schala, Ayla, Robo: Starfall, Tail Spin, Robo Tackle (or Rocket Punch or Uzzi Punch)--Grand Slam.
Schala, Glenn, Robo: ...

You know what, I'll just leave the techs up to you and whoever else has a knack for this kind of thing.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 07:15:11 pm by mav »

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 18, 2008, 07:41:29 pm »
What's wrong about the mirror? What better way to ward off intruders than themselves? My idea is that it's a magical Zealian artifact that was created to guard the treasury. It scanned people looking into the mirror. If they were able to pass, (the royal family, for example) it let them through, but if they didn't have authorization, it scanned their DNA and created a copy of them using magic. The battle would consist of the mirror randomly spawning dark clones of the characters similar to the Shades, but with lower stats and using copies of the characters' attacks. The clones would sort of "defend" the mirror, so you couldn't target it without destroying the clones first. (Unless you used a multi-targeting attack or something...) The mirror itself would use a ton of Shadow, draining, and status ailment spells. I think it would be pretty interesting, and you'd get good rewards from it too. :D

Also, I added the apprehension of the Daltonites.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 18, 2008, 07:47:44 pm »
Because it goes against some other planning.