Author Topic: Chrono Trigger - Schala Project (Community Project)  (Read 39024 times)

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger - Schala Project
« Reply #195 on: December 17, 2008, 11:49:44 am »
The Tubsters from the Black Omen were fucked up IMO. Try an omni-Elemental Heckran, with a Rainbow color scheme to represent his control over all Elements.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 12:25:26 pm by Shadow D. Darkman »

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #196 on: December 17, 2008, 07:22:17 pm »
Aye, as cool as Tubsters look, they're really pretty worthless. But...how exactly would you do a Rainbow color scheme? It's been a while since I've played the game--are there any existing enemies that are heavily multi-colored?

Chocobo_Fan

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Is there no salvation in all the world?
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 17, 2008, 07:24:59 pm »
I'd say don't bother with a recolor. We already have the Golem Overlord, we don't need another one. (Not to mention he's the only golem we've seen that actually talks...)

Also, I'm about to update the tech list. Check back in a few minutes.

mav

• View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #198 on: December 17, 2008, 07:37:06 pm »
Well, if it's a recolor it doesn't have to be the same Golem Overlord. Heck, it could be an all new Golem, right? Golem...well, I don't know what ranks higher than Overlord, but I'm sure we could come up with something.

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 17, 2008, 07:41:43 pm »
I don't see why we'd need to, just the Golem Overlord is fine. We'd need to find an explanation for how it got there anyway, right?

Also, I finished updating the tech list. Tell me what you think.

mav

• View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #200 on: December 17, 2008, 07:55:19 pm »
My goodness, Schala's gonna be a force to reckon with. I don't have too many suggestions, regarding the tech list--coming up with these final triple techs is gonna be a challenge.

And I think the reason they wanted to pick someone other than Golem Overlord is so we wouldn't have to come up with a way for the creature to have randomly appeared and disappeared: you bring in some random Golem, people already see the connection, you kill it off and no harms done to the canon.

EDIT: You know what...I don't know how much sense it would make if a Golem was behind all this instead of Mecha-Dalton...I mean, it's a very man-made-sounding problem. If the disease/plague/pestilence just randomly occurred and some neerdowells took advantage of the situation, for whatever reason, and the Golem just happened to another goon for you to fight, then maybe its inclusion could make sense, otherwise it needs to be some kind of humanoid problem.

For instance, the plague randomly occurs naturally, but these Daltonites use it as an attempt to engineer fear and control over the already disheveled masses. There is no known cure, but Schala or someone comes up with something, Crono and co. have to go fight some baddies and do a little fetch quest, and voila a cure is made, and the hold of the Daltonites is eradicated.

Blah, I'll leave the ideas up to you.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 08:07:24 pm by mav »

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 17, 2008, 08:22:11 pm »
It wasn't naturally occuring, that was the impression I was trying to give... They found a weak virus and enhanced it with powerful negative magic, then let it loose in hopes of getting Schala.

Although that sounds pretty stupid, doesn't it? Hm... Your idea sounds a bit better, I suppose, minus the fetch quest part... I imagine they have an emergency antidote in case it gets out of control. Maybe we could combine them; it's a naturally occurring plague that Schala eventually managed to cure, (thus why all humans don't die out...) but the Daltonites instead decided to enhance it with magic and try to get it to purposefully target Schala. From there, it's pretty much the same as I described...

You think Mecha-Dalton's better than a random golem? o.O Very well, he stays.

Also, forgot a couple triple techs that have now been added. Ayla's use of Tail Spin in Meteor might be a bit stupid, but I hope you'll accept it...

mav

• View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #202 on: December 17, 2008, 08:40:57 pm »
Oh, I wasn't suggesting that you said it was naturally occurring, but if it were we could get around some of the intricacies of all this. Mecha-Dalton makes sense with the way it's currently written, and he definitely makes more sense than Golem, but overall he's a little...out of place. I guess I just want for us to basically find a way to do this without Mecha-Dalton or Golem being the mastermind. We could include a Golem as a boss, but perhaps the Daltonites could be behind the plot on their own. The basic idea you wrote is great, we just need to tweak it a bit.

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 17, 2008, 08:45:56 pm »
Yeah, I tried to give the impression that the Daltonites were behind the main thing... After all, a robot doesn't have a mind of its own, so the Datonites must have come up with it on their own.

How do you suggest I tweak it? (I'm bad at script polishing, if you couldn't tell... -.-;)

mav

• View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #204 on: December 17, 2008, 09:31:39 pm »
Well, like you said, Mecha-Dalton isn't necessarily a mind of his own, so just scrap him. He could be replaced with another Daltonite, we'll just call him "Head Daltonite" for now, but for all intents and purposes all the Daltonites are basically the same.

I don't think we need a rewrite or anything, we'll just replace instances of "voice" and "Mecha-Dalton" with "Head Daltonite", the Head Daltonite will be the one who provides the vial of liquid and suggests that it's too late, or whatnot.

Personally I wish Schala had a bigger role in all this, I think we should utilize the desire for players to want her and extend her usefulness as long as possible. That, however, will probably result in too many script changes.

Man, I'm making too many suggestions--we had this train of thought going well till I derailed it.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 17, 2008, 09:34:09 pm »
You didn't derail it. Your feedback is much appreciated. :)

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 17, 2008, 09:40:54 pm »
Yeah, don't worry, feedback is appreciated. I'd like to have Schala play a bigger role as well, but I think having her be inflicted with a life-threatening illness is more dramatic and gut-wrenching, especially for Janus... He thinks that she's going to be saved at the Ocean Palace when she gets enough energy to teleport herself out... Then the spell goes wrong and she ends up in the middle of the ocean. Then, he finds that she has washed up on shore... Only to have fallen under a life-threatening disease. And even after she joins, Janus thinks she's safe and sound, then the DD sends her to the DBT...

Janus's life really sucks. :(

And on second thought, yes, the idea that the Daltonites would just randomly make a robot of Dalton is kind of dumb... I'll change it to the "Head Daltonite", though Mecha-Dalton has more of a "coolness factor". (Though less logical...)

Edit: Script updated. Still need some triple tech ideas, please give me ideas if you have any...
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 09:52:08 pm by Chocobo_Fan »

mav

• View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #207 on: December 17, 2008, 09:57:01 pm »
Yeah, don't worry, feedback is appreciated. I'd like to have Schala play a bigger role as well, but I think having her be inflicted with a life-threatening illness is more dramatic and gut-wrenching, especially for Janus...
True true...I just think Schala needs to some how be active in all this...I mean, let's say  other villagers were being affected in huge numbers and she was the only source for their cure, but then she became afflicted. With Schala losing out to this plague of sorts, the villagers went to someone else--and eventually find solace in the Daltonites (who created the problem, so they should have the solution). Once Crono and co. find out, they decide to save Schala, but in a fit they end up killing the Daltonites and are left with one vile, while Schala and others are succumbing to the illness. So they save Schala, and now she's become the start of a new solution, you just have to re-engineer the potion or something.

That's just some nonsense I pulled out of my head, but I just think having a playable Schala means she should be more heavily incorporated into saving the day...
And on second thought, yes, the idea that the Daltonites would just randomly make a robot of Dalton is kind of dumb... I'll change it to the "Head Daltonite", though Mecha-Dalton has more of a "coolness factor". (Though less logical...)
It was neat as hell, I loved the idea of a robot Dalton--had a good ol' Scifi feel to it.

Anyway, I'll continue to provide suggestions, but everyone needs to come up with some way to make this work--I'll just add some thunder to the brainstorms we already have going on. :>

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 17, 2008, 10:00:14 pm »
Unfortunately, now we're getting into derailing... :/ (Not that you're TEH WORST PERSON EVAR for doing so, just saying...) That would require pretty major changes, which would heavily screw with my script...

Gah, I don't know! >.< Any opinions, Justin?

(I changed the Daltonite lair encounter to include the Head Daltonite instead of Mecha-Dalton, by the way)

Edit: Oh, wait... The whole point is that the Daltonites want to rule, not kill everyone. They'd sterilize Pestilence once Schala is dead, so your idea doesn't work, sorry... :/
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 10:02:29 pm by Chocobo_Fan »

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 17, 2008, 10:03:25 pm »
I'm just kinda watching...So, no.