Author Topic: The Entity's Influence Possibly Takes Place Sooner?  (Read 1768 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
The Entity's Influence Possibly Takes Place Sooner?
« on: November 21, 2008, 09:16:11 am »
This is a very small idea, but while playing through CT again (hooray DS) and seeing Lucca call the Telepod a hyperdimensional transport I got to thinking and I don't believe this has ever been brought up before, but...We know that Lucca's a great inventor & all, but robots & guns are one thing, while instantaneous matter transportation is quite another...So I was thinking, what if the Entity gave her a little inspiration? Perhaps in a dream...? This I think is a tiny bit more credible than the Entity taking advantage of an extremely unique occurrence & placing a Gate there to be opened by the Telepod, eh...?

Just a minor thought, but I figured I'd throw it out there anyways...

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: The Entity's Influence Possibly Takes Place Sooner?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 09:17:44 am »
Perhaps Lucca fell off the toilet, bumped her head, and she suddenly knew how to create a device that allows for space-time manipulation!

Eat that, Doc Brown!

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 10:39:12 am »
Dammit Boo, I was about to say the exact same thing.

Anyhow, I wouldn't be surprised if the Entity decided to give Lucca a greater purpose in all this: the telepod is one thing, but she was also the one who found Kidd. I've never been a fan of "the Entity did it" theory, but it's not out of the question for something as great as the Entity to influence someone so directly.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 11:01:15 am »
I kind of forgot that they later on wonder at what created the Gates...I guess I was wrong and the Entity placing the Gate there to be opened is still the more likely scenario...

Lakonthegreat

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Love this community, and care for it as your own.
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 02:04:18 pm »
Well I wouldn't throw your theory out the window just yet. You have to remember one thing. The crowd of people there accepted the fact that the telepod was there and it caused the disappearance of the girl.

Plus you notice that when you're talking to people at the fair, they say things like Lucca's inventions have malfunctioned before, yadda yadda.

I think it's plausible that the Entity intervened, gave her a dream about it or something, if only for the fact that the Entity needed Chrono, Lucca, and Marle to be in the same place and it needed to have some kind of cover for what was going on so that the people surrounding the gate wouldn't be too suspicious of a temporal distortion appearing out of mid-air.

So plausible, even likely.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile

Lakonthegreat

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Love this community, and care for it as your own.
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 06:00:15 pm »
I declare that non-canon. Thanks to Dinosaur Comics, I can do that.

But seriously, I do believe that the entity placed the Telepod idea into Lucca'as mind.

It does make sense.

Xenterex

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 06:59:28 pm »
*Sigh* Read the encyclopedia people. It was made for this reason.

yea, satirical or not, that's an eyesore. 

It may not necessarily be the Entities involvement in Lucca's invention.  Generally the fiction approach to sciences have been that different cultures place different emphasis on different fields, so they may have technological jumps in various areas we might find fantastic, but still be lacking in other, supposedly easier, focuses.  Matter displacement may not be so hard for that worlds given resources and development, particularly since they've done it before.  Wayhaps Lucca simply got ahold of old books Melchior threw out, or simple had some other connection to have a basis of design similar to what Zeal used.

Granted, I think the entities involvement actually does take place here.  Without some outside influence, at the very least, i think the reaction between the pendant and the warp machine would've gone wrong rather than becoming a tear through time. 
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 12:07:33 am by V_Translanka »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2008, 08:04:47 pm »
Further the evidence that the Entity LOOOOOVES Lucca:

Lucca is the only character who gets her own, personalized Gate.  The Red One.  That lets her save her mom.  That was no piece of coincidence, my friends.

Perhaps Schala IN The Time Devourer is the Entity.  After all, in the Keystone Timeline before the events of Chrono Trigger, Schala was still most likely absorbed by Lavos and formed the Time Devourer.  It isn't explicitly said that that happens because of Crono and friends (after all, the Masamune would've been created with or without timeline intervention from Crono, same with the defeat of Magus, etc).  Perhaps that part of Schala that was still human, in the Darkness Beyond Time, longed for Crono and friends to defeat Lavos and perhaps prevent the Time Devourer from ever being "born"?

Or it could just be the planet.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 10:16:30 pm »
YES! After seeing the new ending, I too believe Schala to be the Entity. She seems to have temporal distortion capabilities, though it should be noted that her gates do not appear blue-wavy-like.

...oh, waitaminute -- it really is the planet as confirmed on that cigarette lighter. UNLESS KATO JUST RETCONNED THE CIGARETTE LIGHTER.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2008, 12:11:02 am »
Actually, I guess that Lucca also had at least one other incredibly advanced invention besides her guns, Gato & the Telepod...the energy compressor in her living room that she uses to create the WonderShot/Miracle Shot...

DBoruta

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2008, 12:43:09 pm »
YES! After seeing the new ending, I too believe Schala to be the Entity. She seems to have temporal distortion capabilities, though it should be noted that her gates do not appear blue-wavy-like.

...oh, waitaminute -- it really is the planet as confirmed on that cigarette lighter. UNLESS KATO JUST RETCONNED THE CIGARETTE LIGHTER.

Schala cannot be the Entity.  During the events of Chrono Trigger, the brunt of Schala's power was actually Lavos' power charged into the pendant.  We know that she lost that pendant during the original events before Chrono Trigger and disappeared, otherwise Marle would never have come into posession of the pendant.  Without the pendant, Schala either died or disappeared when the original Ocean Palace was destroyed along with the rest of Zeal.  During the events of Chrono Trigger, this changed, at the end, where the Ocean Palace rose and became the Black Omen.  In addition to this, we're still not completely sure what happened that flung Schala into the Darkness Beyond Time, where Lavos was sent after Crono & co. defeated it. 

The information from Chrono Cross suggests that it was after Lavos was defeated that it came back into contact with Schala in the Darkness Beyond Time and emerged as the Time Devourer/Dream Devourer.  It can be inferred that Schala's power after becoming the TD/DD is due to her symbiosis with Lavos in the DBT.  Also note that Kid did not exist until after the events of Chrono Trigger, and even in CTDS, the vortex dungeons and the ability to access the Dream Devourer don't become available until after Crono & co. defeat Lavos.  On a 5D timeline, that makes sense.