Author Topic: Chrono Trigger DS rom question  (Read 2168 times)

CronoBJS

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Chrono Trigger DS rom question
« on: November 20, 2008, 11:14:33 pm »
Just a quick question idk if im allowed so im asking. Am I allowed to post up the english Chrono Trigger DS rom on Chrono Compendium? Came across it and I didnt see anything been mentioned. Its not out yet in US so for who ever Iguess wants to see it idk if i can post it??

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger DS rom question
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 11:18:16 pm »
we don't post links to ROMs.  just because of all the legal repercussions.  put if someone wants it you can use private e-mail, such as gmail.  or links through PM.  just no links in the public forums, please.

Ramsus

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 04:01:32 am »
Don't post anything self-incriminating either, or we have a legal obligation to report it if we see it (not delete it; but report it). Not that we necessarily will, but remember that we're supposed to. So while emulation and ROMs are an okay topic to talk about, any open admission of doing something clearly illegal like downloading or sharing copyrighted material is not okay. For the same reasons -- don't write about how you shot your boss or claim that you were the guy who robbed the bank down on Franklin and Main St. last Friday, either.

I mean, it makes sense, right?

There's a lot of members here. The reason the English ROM isn't here isn't because someone doesn't have it available to post or hasn't thought of it. Maybe the reason is that it'd be a slap in the face to Square-Enix and the developers for finally bringing back the Chrono series, or maybe the reason is merely legal and not moral or ethical, but either way, consider asking some of the admins or moderators privately next time you aren't sure if something is allowed.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 04:06:07 am by Ramsus »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 04:21:50 am »
I agree with Ramsus,  I really hope that all compendites who have downloaded the ROM pay their dues to SquareEnix (sadly i doubt this will happen).  The only thing worse than downloading w/o paying iis actually hosting the rom that is potentially costing them money.  We've been asking Square to look our way for years and it'd be a shame if they loss sells because of their biggest fans.

--JP

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 10:36:42 am »
And just FYI, don't think that Square doesn't see and read what we're doing: we know from Chrono Resurrection that members from SE were frequenting their site, which eventually led to the C&D, and at a forum I own, a member of mine applied for a job at Square and they ended up going to the board and reading a couple of her posts. In the end, she didn't get the job and they noted the fact that she had some incriminating information on the board and basically used that as an excuse not to hire her.

So I'm just saying, we all need to take these legalities seriously, cause you'd be surprised at how grave the repercussions may be. 

CronoBJS

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 11:38:03 am »
lol yeah, I get it makes sense why not. Thanks a bunch for replying quick guys. And just to let yall know. The Chrono Trigger DS game is actually really really awsome. They changed alot of stuff. Little things that have taken the game from the old SNES version to the new gen. What im surprised is that, The Japanese rom when played on no$gba emulator it plays in english. Pure North American english, all the menus and everything so I was surprised to see that. Well thanks again guys.

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 12:41:39 pm »
Heh, you've got a good attitude, and I'm happy to see that. I was surprised to hear that it played in English myself, I guess that's just how awesome the DS is. Are you gonna buy the actual game when it's released here?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2008, 09:38:19 pm »
I've officially played through the game, and soon, I will officially buy the game. Even if I don't buy a DS Lite for a while...by then, good walkthroughs will be out so I can make a perfect file.

CronoBJS

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2008, 02:34:15 am »
lol yeah im gonna buy it!!! lol I just got the rom cuz i cant get my hands on the US version. Im even thinking of buying the japanese one now just to have it. Heck I bought 2 copies of Chrono Cross when it first came out, just in case I lost a disk or one got scratched. And I still have both of them jejeje. Props for the greatest game ever is all I say. Chrono Trigger is like the very few games that I will totally go balistick and buy anything made from it. I just hope Square sees how much Chrono Trigger was needed and thinks about a Chrono Trigger 2! Chrono Trigger feels like a Chrono Trigger 2 with all of the bonus features and the new menus and what not. But its no 2 yet. I wanna see the new endings. Hope its all worth it!!! Deep down I wish they would make a new Nuumamonjaa episode 2 atleast... man does Chrono Trigger take me back!

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2008, 12:42:22 pm »
Im even thinking of buying the japanese one now just to have it.

May as well since it has English language selection.