Author Topic: Official CT DS Differences Thread [IMMENSE SPOILERS ON PAGE 5 ONWARDS]  (Read 99925 times)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: Official CT DS Differences Thread [IMMENSE SPOILERS ON PAGE 5 ONWARDS]
« Reply #345 on: November 29, 2008, 11:02:31 am »
Or maybe they both have the same name and are totally unrelated.  Just like how there are multiple people's with my name, and they aren't me.  Or... uh... bad example, but you get what I mean.   :D

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 29, 2008, 11:10:21 am »
Yeah, one is a skill, the other is a weapon...
-_-

Maybe that's because Masa(or Grand) and Mune(or Leon)'s sister Doreen(or Dream), so it's called Grand Dream(I mean that weapon from CC), but for the skill from CT, I've no idea.

Mune:
   Huaaah...
   You awake, Masa?

Masa:
   Yeah...
   But looking back...
   I think we've done
   something terrible.

Mune:
   Heh heh...
   No one will know if
   we don't tell.

Doreen:
   HEY!
   What were you
   two up to!?

Masa:
   Yikes!
   It's Doreen!

Mune:
   N-Nothing!
   We don't remember a thing!

Doreen:
   Hmmm, I see...
   Well, just to make sure
   you're not up to any mischief...
   I'm coming along.

Masa:
   Alright!
   How many centuries has it been
   since the 3 of us got together!?

Doreen:
   OK then, let's go!

[System]
   Serge's Sea Swallow
   transformed
   into the Mastermune.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 11:12:59 am by utunnels »

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 29, 2008, 11:14:07 am »
Or maybe they both have the same name and are totally unrelated.  Just like how there are multiple people's with my name, and they aren't me.  Or... uh... bad example, but you get what I mean.   :D

Hmm... That might be a good point.

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 30, 2008, 06:07:02 pm »
It should be called Grandreamleon. Because they killed Leon when the Mastermune appeared in this case Masa.

Aitrus

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 01, 2008, 05:33:23 pm »
I know it's been a long time since I've been active here, but the new release is bringing a bunch of people out of the woodworks, it seems.  Picked up both the game and a DS over the weekend, spent all weekend savoring it (working on the sidequests post-Crono revival now), and decided to stop in and see what was up.  Found this, though, and had to weigh in with my two cents.

So, does this means that the whole Dream Devourer thing is a 'post-game event'? It could make sense that way. Although, how would they get there I don't know.

The point is raised that since this takes place in the old save file after beating the game, where does the fight take place?  Is it in a world after Lavos' defeat, or before?  Why does it have to be clear cut?

If we assume that Lavos' defeat pushes him into the Tesseract, where he joins with Schala, then there is no problem here.  After all, the Tesseract is a side dimension, and is equally accessible from 65,000,000 BC as it is from the End of Time.  Time flows differently there, so Lavos is present after you end the game, even though you haven't beaten him yet.  Both he and Schala are there, despite Lavos still threatening the world, because you shunted him there earlier.

All it requires is thinking of reloading the old save file as a form of time travel.  You're taking the characters back in time to a point before Lavos was defeated, but the Tesseract is unchanging.  It doesn't care what you do, it will remain the same.

Anyway, that's just my two cents; we'll see how they hold up despite having been gone far too long.

Ken-san

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 01, 2008, 09:40:13 pm »
Certainly it is troublesome to pinpoint when do the events of the new ending (and the vortex dungeons) happen, I figured that the whole Dream Devourer incident happens after the ending of the game since Marle, Lucca and Crono still have the Epoch and they have to go looking for Crono's mom, so maybe they went to the End of Time to gather their thoughts and ask Gaspar for advice, there they find about Time's Eclipse and decide to check it out, but if that was so why would the game let you use all of the party characters instead of only Crono, Marle and Lucca?
Most troublesome to pinpoint indeed...

Shinrin

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Chrono Trigger Fan # 100
    • View Profile
    • Shinrin Cole
The input command at the factory.
« Reply #351 on: December 02, 2008, 03:28:00 pm »
When you hear the sound to put in the codes for the robot to remove the barrles. there's a bright flash on the screen, this doesn't happen on the SNES version.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: The input command at the factory.
« Reply #352 on: December 02, 2008, 05:17:03 pm »
Interesting. Good find.

art_garfunkel

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 03, 2008, 03:36:14 pm »
Certainly it is troublesome to pinpoint when do the events of the new ending (and the vortex dungeons) happen, I figured that the whole Dream Devourer incident happens after the ending of the game since Marle, Lucca and Crono still have the Epoch and they have to go looking for Crono's mom, so maybe they went to the End of Time to gather their thoughts and ask Gaspar for advice, there they find about Time's Eclipse and decide to check it out, but if that was so why would the game let you use all of the party characters instead of only Crono, Marle and Lucca?
Most troublesome to pinpoint indeed...
Troublesome yes, important no. It clearly happens at some point after Lavos' defeat. The party still has the Epoch in the canon ending, so that accounts for their ability to go back to the End of Time. Whether it happens before or after the Millennial Fair return is unimportant.

Ken-san

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 03, 2008, 06:13:14 pm »
You raise a most valid point, after they defeat Lavos the characters return to 1000 A.D. and the events of the Vortex dungeons could have happened in the time between Lavos' defeat and the morning the guard summons Crono to the castle, after all we don't know how much time goes by between those 2 events. Guess it wasn't actually so difficult to pinpoint when do these events happen.

Nitemares

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #355 on: December 03, 2008, 07:09:21 pm »
don't know if it has been said but FRENZY BAND has been changed to WRATH BAND

also AMULET has been changed to SCHALA'S AMULET

before in the old versions of playstation and SNES if you equipped chrono with the amulet and started a new game + you would have an amulet in the beginning, i just did the same thing with schala's amulet and it did not give it to me at the beginning of a new game +, just thought i should share.

you also have to start over on your monster in the arena when you start a new game plus, so i'd save on another file so you can keep it if you want.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 07:13:12 pm by Nitemares »

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 04, 2008, 04:11:07 am »
All life begins and ends with nu. This is the undeniable truth, because I believe it to be so. At least for present.

Not nearly as powerful of a statement as in the SNES translation.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 04, 2008, 08:30:24 am »
I see what you did there.

Aitrus

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 05, 2008, 03:23:07 pm »
One funny thing I just found in Guardia Castle.

During the Rainbow Shell questline, when you return to 1000 AD after having King Guardia retrieve the shell in 600 AD, the castle is under lockdown as the King stands trial.  All the guards say something along the lines of "The Chancellor has ordered the castle be sealed while the trial is underway" or something similar.  Except one.

The right guard of the pair guarding the stairwell leading down to the kitchen and up to the courtroom says instead: "Same thing as the left."

Evidently, someone either wanted to joke around, or simply forgot to change a filler line.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 05, 2008, 03:32:35 pm »
Evidently, someone either wanted to joke around, or simply forgot to change a filler line.

Ah, think about how they removed that 'Good morning, Crono', I won't be surprised if they forgot to replace a filler line.
Just kidding.