Author Topic: Official CT DS Differences Thread [IMMENSE SPOILERS ON PAGE 5 ONWARDS]  (Read 99944 times)

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: Official CT DS Differences Thread [IMMENSE SPOILERS ON PAGE 5 ONWARDS]
« Reply #315 on: November 26, 2008, 01:19:42 pm »
Hah, I heard Final Fantasy II PSP has the same problem, so Richard is renamed to Ricard, Frioniel is renamed to Firion, etc..

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 26, 2008, 01:43:26 pm »
LOL Ricard. Picard.

Ricard
Picard

Kamiyu Bidan

• Iokan (+1)
  • CT2 on the way?
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 26, 2008, 10:12:04 pm »
Hah, I heard Final Fantasy II PSP has the same problem, so Richard is renamed to Ricard, Frioniel is renamed to Firion, etc..

i think they made it Ricard because Richard was somehow common in NA

Frioniel to Firion i guess is because of space limitations or because of a mistranslation (Firiyoneru) (but i liked the Frioniel name better)

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 27, 2008, 07:41:08 am »
In Ending No.11, Magus's lines are changed to:

If I must vanish from existence to see this done,
then I shall welcome that fate!

which used to be:

If my fate is to be destroyed,
I must simply laugh!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 08:11:35 am by utunnels »

Rio Rock

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 27, 2008, 07:55:17 am »
Is seems that there are some differences between CTDS JP and US.
In the US version you don't have the option to change the language in the settings menue.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 09:39:19 am by Rio Rock »

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #320 on: November 27, 2008, 08:34:50 am »
Wow, this thread should be picked through and made different threads for certain types of differences because this is a big fuckall bunch of random info as is...Anyways, I have no way of knowing (because I had stopped reading at page 8 as to not spoil my own playthrough too much), but here's a few new quotes I found interesting...

Quote from: Belthasar
A doppel doll! That would do nicely.
The magician Norstein Bekkler could whip one up in the wink of an eye, if only he were here.
You've not heard of him, you say? Well, he loves festivals. Find a fair, and there, too, you shall almost certainly find Bekkler!

Apparently not only does it seem as though Bekkler is an immortal who Belthasar is aware of, but he's also a magician...I also don't know if this is similar to the Compendium Retranslation because I don't think I got that far in it *heh heh*...>_>

Quote from: Gaspar
This is a battle between Lavos and the very planet itself!

This is Gaspar's final line after you've gone through all of the sidequests & the Black Omen (& obviously backed out of Lavos)...Hooray for more Entity=Planet confirmation!

Quote from: Robo
1999 A.D.! Date confirmed!
The time is 1:24!
This is the precise moment!

This is why I love bringing Robo around (besides being an absolutely bitching powerhouse character)...He's always got fancy instruments to tell me fun stuff like the exact time of Lavos' eruption. This is when you bring him in the Epoch, btw.

Also, this was my first playthrough where I not only got everyone's Techs w/o whoring Nu (and before whoring Black Omens too), but I was also at level 60! wtf!? Lost Sanctum is nuts for leveling. Lavos lasted the 5~10 min of my old ** New Game+ run throughs...Crono, Lucca, Robo FTW!!

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 27, 2008, 10:11:20 am »
Wow, this thread should be picked through and made different threads for certain types of differences because this is a big fuckall bunch of random info as is...Anyways, I have no way of knowing (because I had stopped reading at page 8 as to not spoil my own playthrough too much), but here's a few new quotes I found interesting...

Quote from: Belthasar
A doppel doll! That would do nicely.
The magician Norstein Bekkler could whip one up in the wink of an eye, if only he were here.
You've not heard of him, you say? Well, he loves festivals. Find a fair, and there, too, you shall almost certainly find Bekkler!

Apparently not only does it seem as though Bekkler is an immortal who Belthasar is aware of, but he's also a magician...I also don't know if this is similar to the Compendium Retranslation because I don't think I got that far in it *heh heh*...>_>

Quote from: Gaspar
This is a battle between Lavos and the very planet itself!

This is Gaspar's final line after you've gone through all of the sidequests & the Black Omen (& obviously backed out of Lavos)...Hooray for more Entity=Planet confirmation!

Quote from: Robo
1999 A.D.! Date confirmed!
The time is 1:24!
This is the precise moment!

This is why I love bringing Robo around (besides being an absolutely bitching powerhouse character)...He's always got fancy instruments to tell me fun stuff like the exact time of Lavos' eruption. This is when you bring him in the Epoch, btw.

Also, this was my first playthrough where I not only got everyone's Techs w/o whoring Nu (and before whoring Black Omens too), but I was also at level 60! wtf!? Lost Sanctum is nuts for leveling. Lavos lasted the 5~10 min of my old ** New Game+ run throughs...Crono, Lucca, Robo FTW!!

Are those quotes from CTDS or the Japanese translation?

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 27, 2008, 10:39:19 am »
CTDS...I thought that was obvious, this being the CTDS differences thread...>_>

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 27, 2008, 10:43:31 am »
CTDS...I thought that was obvious, this being the CTDS differences thread...>_>

Sorry, but could you say so in future? I thought it might have come from the Japanese translation. BTW, if that's just his line saying that if he's supposed to die, he can only laugh, can we have the rest of it?

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 27, 2008, 11:39:09 am »
Wait, what do you mean by Japanese translation? I'm playing the Japanese ROM with the English language on if that's what you mean...is that different from the English ROM's translation somehow? Or did you mean was I personally translating the Japanese text itself? Because I'm definitely not doing that...And none of the quotes I gave was from Magus, so idk what you're talking about that quote for...>_>

EDIT: oh, i see what you meant, you were talking about utunnels' post...you just...didn't signify the change in who you were addressing at all...>_>
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 11:40:45 am by V_Translanka »

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 27, 2008, 12:08:06 pm »
Wait, what do you mean by Japanese translation? I'm playing the Japanese ROM with the English language on if that's what you mean...is that different from the English ROM's translation somehow? Or did you mean was I personally translating the Japanese text itself? Because I'm definitely not doing that...And none of the quotes I gave was from Magus, so idk what you're talking about that quote for...>_>

EDIT: oh, i see what you meant, you were talking about utunnels' post...you just...didn't signify the change in who you were addressing at all...>_>

Eh heh heh... :oops: My bad.

Dream Devourer

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 27, 2008, 01:59:44 pm »
Can't just keep sitting here and not play Trigger, gonna look if my local gamestore has an imported US version.

Now, I just want to confirm one last thing: I want to be absolutely sure that I can name Crono Chrono in the US/English version. Please don't answer if you just heard it from someone else, but only if you actually have the game and tried it yourself.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 27, 2008, 02:05:26 pm »
Can't just keep sitting here and not play Trigger, gonna look if my local gamestore has an imported US version.

Now, I just want to confirm one last thing: I want to be absolutely sure that I can name Crono Chrono in the US/English version. Please don't answer if you just heard it from someone else, but only if you actually have the game and tried it yourself.

Actually, we heard it from people who have tried it in the game and confirmed it.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 27, 2008, 02:09:21 pm »

Six letters is confirmed, whether you can actually rename him Chrono or not remains a question.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 27, 2008, 02:11:01 pm »
...If 6 letters are available then why couldn't you name him "Chrono"