Author Topic: Official CT DS Differences Thread [IMMENSE SPOILERS ON PAGE 5 ONWARDS]  (Read 100772 times)

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
Re: Official CT DS Differences Thread [IMMENSE SPOILERS ON PAGE 5 ONWARDS]
« Reply #240 on: November 21, 2008, 11:59:09 pm »
...well, I suppose he simply goes about on his search for Schala, not yet aware. Right now, a lot of people don't think 1000 AD's cast returns to 1000 AD for some reason and ask what sounds to me like an obvious question: what happens to them? Maybe they should be asking that of Party Magus...?

either

A: He goes back to 12,000whatever (seriously what is it? A thousand or a million? people keep saying different things) to pick up his cat and sit there for awhile until something happens and he can resume his search.

B: Same as above, but they are in fact NOT the same person at two different times

C: A moogle kidnaps him and gets him so drunk he takes his pants off and blows up a car.

D: He runs across a field and gets zapped to nothing by lightning, like in that movie Powder. Assume cutscene Magus is same as in B.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #241 on: November 22, 2008, 12:03:33 am »
...well, I suppose he simply goes about on his search for Schala, not yet aware. Right now, a lot of people don't think 1000 AD's cast returns to 1000 AD for some reason and ask what sounds to me like an obvious question: what happens to them? Maybe they should be asking that of Party Magus...?

either

A: He goes back to 12,000whatever (seriously what is it? A thousand or a million? people keep saying different things) to pick up his cat and sit there for awhile until something happens and he can resume his search.

B: Same as above, but they are in fact NOT the same person at two different times

C: A moogle kidnaps him and gets him so drunk he takes his pants off and blows up a car.

D: He runs across a field and gets zapped to nothing by lightning, like in that movie Powder. Assume cutscene Magus is same as in B.

E. maggiekarp ends up drawing scenario C and we all die laughing.

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 22, 2008, 12:10:04 am »
E. maggiekarp ends up drawing scenario C and we all die laughing.

Nah, can't. That assumes Kirby is the final boss, and that Magus and Schala switch roles.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 22, 2008, 12:17:26 am »
Well, I don't think those two are the same. I mean, if the other one came from the future, how did he access the area in the first place?

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 22, 2008, 12:22:17 am »
 Who said he came from the future? We're just saying he's from later on. he could have been hiding anywhere.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 22, 2008, 12:30:01 am »
'Here, Lavos is no more. This is the future in which we've defeated him.

Whether that is the future of the world from which you've come, I do not know.
There are as many worlds as there are potentialities.'

Well, that make me thought that.

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 22, 2008, 12:33:55 am »
 I'm not saying I don't think there are two. Just not sure if that means he's from a later time period, as opposed to just being a little older than normal Magus.

art_garfunkel

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 22, 2008, 01:49:43 am »
Suppose the amnesiac Magus is not the 2nd one, but he is in fact the one from your party? Therefore Schala was attempting to protect Magus from trying to go after the Devourer again, and at the same time nullifing the 2nd Magus' actions that we see.

Also, the 2nd Magus is clearly from the normal post-Trigger timeline. He goes off, finds a way to enter the Dimensional Vortex, and there we find him. Of course if the amnesiac Magus is the one from your party, then this changes his future, in that he wouldnt have gone after the Devourer, unlike the 2nd Magus. Sample timeline:

Ending of Trigger, Magus 1 and Future Magus goes off searching for Schala -> Future Magus goes into the Dimensional Vortex, where we find him -> Magus 1 Enters the Dimensional Vortex also -> Schala wipes Magus 1's memory -> Future Magus ceases to be, because Magus 1 would not enter the Dimensional Vortex, and therefore not have his memory wiped -> Magus 1 ditches his scythe, cuts off his ears, moves to El Nido and is Guile. (Yeah right.)

In short, although having Magus 1 be the one who loses his memory is interesting, it is way too problematic to work.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 02:11:28 am by art_garfunkel »

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 22, 2008, 02:39:54 am »
Theory! Cross is being ported to the PSP 'cept the plot and characters are being revamped, and along with these Guile will be retcon'd into a more Magus-esque character, fitting in with Trigger DS's ending. The forest in question could be Shadow Forest, right? Although it could be anywhere, of course.
That's what I said. And could be possible.
Maybe SE is going to make a remake od Chrono Cross for DS or PSP. With a possible link to this ending.
But who knows what is crossing in their minds right now after this.

Eket

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 22, 2008, 03:39:41 am »
Hmm... This all seems to me like Kato has just found out the uses of ducttape...

NaYA

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 22, 2008, 04:20:07 am »
OMG! OMG! OMG!

Hi. I just registered here just so I could say this. XD

OMG! WTF! ACK! OMG! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!...huh?
(okay I'm done now)

A job well done for all of you who put effort into bringing us the news!
lol @ Kato finding out the uses of duct tape
I wonder if they will update Chrono Cross and port it over to maybe Wii or PS3 or make an entirely new sequel...?
Or was this only to tie a few loose ends? Boy, they sure got us worked up. Now I feel like playing CC again...

Oh and for differences, I'm SO thankful for the perma-run setting. :D

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 22, 2008, 05:58:14 am »
My guess is he turned up somewhere around 1010 AD, then in the next 10 years he moves to El Nido, researching various enigmas. Eventually he meets Serge and his friends, and eventually helps them defeat the Time Devourer, after which he finally regains his memories.

It fits almost too perfectly for Guile not to be Magus now. But leaving open these questions, I have a feeling Square is still not done yet with the Chrono series.
Yeah, but that's still strange Schale didn't recognize him, although he's wearing a mask.

Rio Rock

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 22, 2008, 08:41:45 am »
Is there also a new FMV ending? Or just the new ending with Magus?

Just the ending with Magus

Perhaps something new is shown on new game+ ? I'm guessing no one has gotten that far yet though.

I doubt it, but it's possible I guess. I'll check it out some time

A new FMV would be nice.

Insane

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 22, 2008, 10:42:23 am »
The kid sitting on the bench in the Fair says "There was a big war hundereds of years ago against the Fiendlords arimes. My mom says that if we'd lost, we wouldn't be having a fair like this today!", instead of: "Whats the big deal?! So what if we won a war against some dark wizard?!" (Or something like that..)

And the green haired girl by the fountain says "live happily ever after" instead of "interesting and happy lives".

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 22, 2008, 11:55:57 am »
Suppose the amnesiac Magus is not the 2nd one, but he is in fact the one from your party? Therefore Schala was attempting to protect Magus from trying to go after the Devourer again, and at the same time nullifing the 2nd Magus' actions that we see.

Also, the 2nd Magus is clearly from the normal post-Trigger timeline. He goes off, finds a way to enter the Dimensional Vortex, and there we find him. Of course if the amnesiac Magus is the one from your party, then this changes his future, in that he wouldnt have gone after the Devourer, unlike the 2nd Magus. Sample timeline:

Ending of Trigger, Magus 1 and Future Magus goes off searching for Schala -> Future Magus goes into the Dimensional Vortex, where we find him -> Magus 1 Enters the Dimensional Vortex also -> Schala wipes Magus 1's memory -> Future Magus ceases to be, because Magus 1 would not enter the Dimensional Vortex, and therefore not have his memory wiped -> Magus 1 ditches his scythe, cuts off his ears, moves to El Nido and is Guile. (Yeah right.)

In short, although having Magus 1 be the one who loses his memory is interesting, it is way too problematic to work.

Impossible, Magus doesn't have to be in your party against the DD, so that point goes out of the window.

Also, there's a big plothole here somewhere. Where in the timeline do you fight the DD? Is it after you fought Lavos and after the ending where they all go back to their own time? Or is it before that? It seems it's impossible to be before you fought Lavos because how the hell would he merge with Schala if he wasn't defeated yet. But then, at the bucket in the End of Time you can also choose to go to 1999 AD to fight the normal Lavos.

I don't understand the DD fight yet. I really don't. We need more light shed on it.