Author Topic: Official CT DS Differences Thread [IMMENSE SPOILERS ON PAGE 5 ONWARDS]  (Read 100864 times)

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
Re: Official CT DS Differences Thread [IMMENSE SPOILERS ON PAGE 5 ONWARDS]
« Reply #105 on: November 20, 2008, 02:44:49 pm »
Quote from: Lucca after 2nd Lavos form
Now I understand. It lives on a planet for as long as possible, selecting the most desirable life forms, allowing them to advance and then harvesting their DNA. The young it gave birth to on Death Peak must have all of that DNA. Eventually they'll migrate to other planets, and repeat the cycle. It's a parasite! Sleeping within the Earth all this time, stealing all our progress! Impossible... You can't toy with an entire world and think I'll let you get away with it!

Went through the Omen at 1000 AD, defeated Zeal as normal as well as Lavos form 1 and 2. Fighting the final Lavos Core now. I think the Vortex or whatever with that evolved TD Lavos really is New Game+, or it's coming after this. Anyway, I'll let you know what happens.

LegacyCrono

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 20, 2008, 02:47:33 pm »
W0000T!!! OMFG OMFG OMFG!!!!
It's "Dream Devourer" if my japanese isn't that bad... :O

HOW this happened? It's possible? O_o

It's better than what I was expecting!! :D
SEE YA!!!!!

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 20, 2008, 03:18:46 pm »
So I owned Lavos

Then the ending came in. Moonfair Parade, everyone goes home, Mom disappears, they take off in the Epoch and you see the awesome Mode7 movie while the credits roll. Then the image of the Earth comes in with even more credits, then the wedding FMV plays. After that, yet more credits while in the top screen various CT artworks are displayed.

After that... A purple gate opens in 1000 A.D., 2300 A.D., and 12,000 B.C.

Then the message:
You can now access the Dimensional Vortex.

You've completed the game!
Clear count: 01

Ending No. 01

Beyond Time

New option added to Extras menu: Ending Log

Then you get to save the game and return to the title screen.

The "Ending Log" apparently displays all Endings, how you get them, and what's in them. You only see 1 image though, you can't watch the ending all over again or something like that.

Also the NewGame+ option is now available.

-----------------

I'm gonna check out this Vortex now, I suspect the Lavos-TD boss thing is there. More updates soon.

Eket

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 20, 2008, 03:21:15 pm »
Just wanted to say thanks for doing this Dark Serge.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #109 on: November 20, 2008, 03:25:04 pm »
Whoa, awesome, this is something. Thanks for all the updates.

Sounds fairly... confusing too...

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 20, 2008, 03:29:47 pm »
Yeah it's really not that confusing, basically you get the endings in the same fashion as in the original, but now there's a small part added after that with the CT DS credits and a short message saying the ending you got is added to the Ending Log.

The weird thing is, the Vortex is available in my old save now, in Lavos' inside cave, just before the final fight I mean. So I can access it without defeating Lavos. I really wonder what's there now.

Simply put, you can acces the Vortex in your old save, you don't have to start a New Game+.

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 20, 2008, 03:55:01 pm »
 A VERY important question regarding controls:

CT on SNES and PSX had control configuration options. Can the shoulder button commands be reconfigured to other buttons? My shoulder buttons suck balls big time, and will most assuredly not get me past Arris Dome's first control room, nor will they help me save Lara.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 20, 2008, 04:11:41 pm »
I think you can only remap the X, A, B, and Y buttons. As far as I can see, anyway. Any way to transfer save files from your DS to your computer? We could upload save files after the sticking points.

Dark Serge, quick question -- did you do all the side quests before defeating Lavos, and in your opinion do you need to enter the Lost Sanctum at all for the Temporal Vortex to appear?

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 20, 2008, 04:17:10 pm »
No, the Lost Sanctum seems completely optional to me. And I only did the side quests Rainbow Shell, Sunstone, Cyrus Ghost, and Guardia trial.

The Vortex contains major plot twists, that's why I'm sure you get it no matter what. I'm serious, canon is completely changed. I'm making a huge post on everything in there, and I will also transfer my save to my PC and make a video with a emulator, otherwise it's going to be too confusing.

Seriously, it's major. Keep checking, I'll reveal it soon.

Shinrin

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Chrono Trigger Fan # 100
    • View Profile
    • Shinrin Cole
« Reply #114 on: November 20, 2008, 04:42:18 pm »
No, the Lost Sanctum seems completely optional to me. And I only did the side quests Rainbow Shell, Sunstone, Cyrus Ghost, and Guardia trial.

The Vortex contains major plot twists, that's why I'm sure you get it no matter what. I'm serious, canon is completely changed. I'm making a huge post on everything in there, and I will also transfer my save to my PC and make a video with a emulator, otherwise it's going to be too confusing.

Seriously, it's major. Keep checking, I'll reveal it soon.

holy cow.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 20, 2008, 04:43:23 pm »
Well the emulator thing didn't go so well. I can't make a video right now.

I will now record everything I've seen in the Temporal Vortex.

First off, it appears after you defeat the game, in 12,000 BC, 1000 AD, and 2300 AD. After that, no matter what savegame you load up, New Game+ or not, it will always be there.

When you enter, you will first proceed through a hall way. It contains a whirlwind sort of thing that takes you back to the era in which you entered, if you want. Then there's an exit to the next room.

Now you will proceed through a number of levels from the game itself, mixed together. A few I can note are: The Guardia prison, the part where Fritz was. You can't enter the cell in which he was, though.

Another one is the Black Omen, I don't exactly how I should call it but it's that level that looks like the Ocean Palace a bit.

Then there's the Ocean Palace itself, the part with the stairs.

Then you come across new maps. First a mountain type area, with a long bridge. Before long you'll be in a lava cave thing. You basically walk around here climbing ladders and fighting whole new monsters, after pressing two switches you will progress to a map that looks exactly like "inside Lavos". Well, the layout is different, but it's the same style of cave. There's a save point here and a "whirlwind" which will once again warp you to the era you came from if you want to.

Past that is.... None other then Dalton. Yes, it's him. He's kinda angry for all the crap you pulled on him. Then you'll fight him again, his monster name is "Once-King Dalton". He has some new attacks but he's still kind of weak. He packs a punch and has a lot of HP. After a while he uses something called Second Wind, and after that no magic attacks can hurt him, only physical. However, every time you attack him physically he counters with an MP drain that drains all the MP of one character. He knows lightning and shadow attacks and maybe more.

After I defeated him, OH MY FUCKING GOD... Major spoiler and canon change here!!! I'll quote it cause I can't explain it in human words.

Quote from: Dalton scene
Dalton: That's enough for today... But just you wait, Crono! This isn't over yet! I'll raise the greatest army the world has ever seen in Porre, and use it to wipe your pitiful little kingdom off the map. Heh heh heh... Ah hah hah hah hah!

Marle: You won't touch Guardia. Not if I have anything to say about it!

Dalton: Farewell!

Yes, my friends! I was RIGHT!!!! The guy in the Fall of Guardia FMV is DALTON!!! AND DALTON IS BEHIND THE FALL OF GUARDIA!

I was so fucking shocked when I saw this scene. Dalton caused the Fall of Guardia and stole the Masamune. Holy fucking crap. I knew it! He was just to awesome to disappear like that!

After that scene, you progress through the map and Chrono will hear someone calling him. You're now teleported to a pseudo version of Leene Square where you will fight a Chrono clone called Steel Shade.

He used the Rainbow sword against me, but that may be because my Chrono had it equipped. Perhaps he just uses the weapon your Chrono has equipped at that point. Also, he cannot be hurt by Light magic, and he uses Light magic himself. He has a lot of HP but isn't too hard. After the battle the Clone will "fuse" with the real Chrono, and Chrono's speed, strength, and accuracy will improve. After that, it's the end of the Vortex. Yep.

I tried entering immediately again, and this time different maps were used. Apparently it takes random maps from the game and after that the new maps come.

I uploaded my savefile for anyone with a flashcard that wants to go take  a look, and if you can, make a video or something.

On a side note, I haven't seen the TD-Lavos. I wonder where he could be now. But the Vortex asks for more investigating. I'm going to enter it from 2300 AD now.

[attachment deleted by admin]

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #116 on: November 20, 2008, 04:46:21 pm »
Sweet mother...this is great.

Many thanks Dark Serge...you've definitely done a great service to us all.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 20, 2008, 04:47:08 pm »
Way to go Dark Serge! You are an intrepid explorer of the Chronoverse!

OH MY GOD, DALTON CAUSES THE FALL OF GUARDIA.

OMHGASLKJSDLKJETOUAOSJF:LDKJUF LJFdj

WTF!

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, nom nom nom nom nom...IT'S CANON!!

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 20, 2008, 04:47:23 pm »
...Dalton :?

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm