Enhasa Halls - Chrono Series Analysis > Chrono Trigger DS Analysis

Official CT DS Differences Thread [IMMENSE SPOILERS ON PAGE 5 ONWARDS]

<< < (2/88) > >>

Dark Serge:
Do you happen to have savegames for post-600 A.D. warp and post-Cathedral door? It seems to bug out on those two spots.

Romana:
Sorry, nope.

As I mentioned earlier, there's apparently a lot of copyright protection in the game and it just freezes at those points. Shame... Not that far myself yet.

FaustWolf:
Do DS emulators make use of savestates? If the ROM is of "expected" size, then all the game data may be there, and copyright protection takes the form of a few purposeful glitches. By hacking a savestate, we may be able to change what room the characters are supposed to be in when the game loads, thus bypassing the roadblocks.

Romana:
Sorry, I'm running it on my DS (via a R4), and my computer is a Mac at the moment so I have no way of making use of a decent emulator (I'd upload screenshots if I did though). As far as I remember, though... I don't think any DS emulators use save states.

MagilsugaM:

--- Quote from: FaustWolf on November 18, 2008, 05:11:16 pm ---Do DS emulators make use of savestates? If the ROM is of "expected" size, then all the game data may be there, and copyright protection takes the form of a few purposeful glitches. By hacking a savestate, we may be able to change what room the characters are supposed to be in when the game loads, thus bypassing the roadblocks.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I used NO$GBA which now has almost perfect DS Emulation and it has save state support. But I only tried one game and crashed when loading the save state.  :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version